insider rick spielman on the scouting combine...what a joke | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

insider rick spielman on the scouting combine...what a joke

ckparrothead said:
Yeesh. He was a bad decision maker but he wasn't a bad organizer. He knows what he's about he just has a tendency to be far too aggressive and creative with the GM job, where most GMs are conservative for a reason.

I thought he had some good insights in the article...especially his story about how Josh Heupel lied on his injury forms and didn't tell us about his injured wrist to where we had to file a grievance against him and take back his signing bonus. Oklahoma does not release medical histories to teams, and Josh never had surgery on the wrist so he didn't even have a scar to tip Miami off about it. Heupel really screwed us there.

He also told a story about how in interviews guys would be lying straight to your face...one guy swore he'd never been arrested right while Spielman's looking at his mug shot in his folder on the guy. Another guy will deny a positive drug test right while you're staring at the paperwork that proves it. Some guys will refuse to run at the Combine because they just flew in from thw West Coast so they are afraid of jet lag, so Spielman tells them "We'll be sure to deactivate you then when the team has to travel to the West Coast for an away game, since jet lag effects you so much then." LOL.

I like Rick's organizing ability, I like his attitude when it comes to players sacking up and not taking the easy way out...he's just a bad, bad, bad lead decision maker.

I dont think Spielman was that bad. I think the year he actually had control he ended up in a desperate situation with a HC like Wanny. aaaaaarrrrrrrrgh!

I love it when we get to bashing the former regime. :sidelol:

Some of what he was saying was interesting but it holds nothing on this comment.

bla bla bla said:
"How to Destroy an Organization in Thirty Days or Less"

-Authored by Dave Wannstedt
-Forward by Rick Spielman

Come on guys keep it going. Remember it's all in fun.

I still can't believe he got an espn gig... well on second thought.

Anyway, he'll next appear on his own game show:

"Who wants to Fool a Billionaire?"​

I can imagine what Rick would say in his ESPN gig for the draft.

Rick's advice for Houston, NO, and Tenn: "Forget Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or Matt Leinart. Use that pick on Marcus Vick."
Rick's advice for Miami: "What Miami needs is a RB. I say they either trade their first rounder for Onterrio Smith or trade up to get Laurence Maroney"

:tongue:

Regan21286 said:
I can imagine what Rick would say in his ESPN gig for the draft.

Rick's advice for Houston, NO, and Tenn: "Forget Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or Matt Leinart. Use that pick on Marcus Vick."
Rick's advice for Miami: "What Miami needs is a RB. I say they either trade their first rounder for Onterrio Smith or trade up to get Laurence Maroney"

:tongue:

LOL.

His motto:
Buy High, Sell Low

Back
Top Bottom