Instead of possibly trading O-Gun...why not a CB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Instead of possibly trading O-Gun...why not a CB?

Sal Lisitano

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
The Fins have a lot of depth at the CB position.

Surtain...no way...I think he's untouchable...but Madison, Howard, and Poole are all possibilities for trade bait.

I'm just trying to think of "options." This is sad my fellow FinFans...it sucks!!!

Life goes on and so will this team...I believe.

Another RB that I think can fit here is N. Davenport from Green Bay...I don't know if anyone mentioned him...but he is a possibility.

He's big and likes running inside the tackles. He could be a 20-25 carry back and produce here in Miami.

Personally, if we plan on trading someone like O-Gun or a CB or someone of value on this team...I would only do it for Larry Johnson, E. James, or Michael Bennet.

I don't know but thoughts pop in my mind so I go here to post...thanks for this board because it would be that much tougher dealing with this if I did not have a place to rant, read others opinions, and display how much this sucks!!!

I believe!!!

Go Fins!!!

I'm with you on a trade. We need O-Gun more than ever now. He must be signed. Madison is the guy to trade, and hope either Howard or Poole can step in. I bet they can. I know nothing of the cap side of this however, is Madison even a viable trade possibility considering his numbers.

yes genius. Lets trade a position that is actually harder to find a decent player then runningback. Good idea.

Chill man...I was just throwing it out there for discussion...plus we have 3 solid CB and Poole may be the next Surtain...so we may actually have 4 solid corners on this team...so why would you want to waste them on the bench when we could get something in return now...like a RB...and like I stated in the post...this is a possibility if we get value in return...I'm not talking about trading for a no-name.

Go Fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
Chill man...I was just throwing it out there for discussion...plus we have 3 solid CB and Poole may be the next Surtain...so we may actually have 4 solid corners on this team...so why would you want to waste them on the bench when we could get something in return now...like a RB...and like I stated in the post...this is a possibility if we get value in return...I'm not talking about trading for a no-name.

Go Fins!!!

We need 4 quality corners more then a decent back. I do not think one will be available now that is worth really weakening the defense. Plus Poole has yet to play a down in the NFL.

Let me know of a nfl team that has 4 quality corners...please!!!

Teams are lucky if they have 1 quality corner...nevermind 4.

Last time I checked...in a Pro Set Offense...which if the offense that most NFL teams run...Defenses use 2 corners....not 4.

In the Dime...another corner comes in...that's 3.

I would trade a corner on this team...if it meant getting a quality RB in return.

The Fins signed Howard because they were ready to say bye bye to Madison...Madison restructured his contract to stay in Miami...after we signed Howard.

Poole was a projected first round pick...had some trouble in college...he slips to the 4th round...a value pick for the Fins here...no doubt.

We also have other corners on this team that I have not mentioned...so IMO I don't think we need 4 quality corners on this team than a quality back...

Go Fins!!!

Poole has yet to play a down in the NFL. It is not smart to count on this guy to be a nickel back in the NFL at this point in time.

Miami NEEDS patrick Surtain and Sam Madison.

Okay...you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

But if we could get a Larry Johnson or a Michael Bennett for one of our corners and a mid-round draft pick...I would do it!!!

We need O-Gun and I have this bad feeling that O-Gun will be the one that gets traded!!! And I don't like that idea.

We NEED O-Gun more than Madison.

His 15 sacks and the pressure our DE put on the QB helps out our corners immensly!!!

Go Fins!!!

I feel his 15 sacks are because of Madison and Surtain. I don't feel you make one part of the team weaker to make another part potentially stronger. I don't see how Larry Johnson or even Michael Bennett could be THAT big an upgrade over Travis Minor.

I just hope that the Fins don't trade O-Gun for a nobody...I think this team needs O-Gun more than a RB that's out there now.

Go Fins!!!

phinman1 said:
I'm with you on a trade. We need O-Gun more than ever now. He must be signed. Madison is the guy to trade, and hope either Howard or Poole can step in. I bet they can. I know nothing of the cap side of this however, is Madison even a viable trade possibility considering his numbers.

I don't think we could get a quality back for just Madison. Possibly Madison, and Howard, I don't know. We would probably have to lose some picks. I don't want to lose Ogun anymore than the rest of you, but without a RB this team will be toast. We won't be able to score, let alone put together decent drives. This whole team was built around our Running game. Without some kind of Running game, I don't see how we could be very good. :(

screw trading Madison screw O-gun he needs to go he has caused us too much time and trouble so what do we need from him?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
We need 4 quality corners more then a decent back. I do not think one will be available now that is worth really weakening the defense. Plus Poole has yet to play a down in the NFL.

I disagree. I think if we want to have a chance this year, we need to get a back in here asap. If that means trading away peices of our defense well then so be it.

Either that, or we go into the season with no rbs. Hope Minor, or Henry step up, and pick up a back next offseason. But this scenerio is unlikely with Wanny on the chopping block. I think they will franticly be looking to land a back one way or another before the season gets under way.

Sal Lisitano said:
But if we could get a Larry Johnson or a Michael Bennett for one of our corners and a mid-round draft pick...I would do it!!!

Go Fins!!!

So would I. As long as it isn't Surtain.

Dolphinizzle said:
I disagree. I think if we want to have a chance this year, we need to get a back in here asap. If that means trading away peices of our defense well then so be it.

Either that, or we go into the season with no rbs. Hope Minor, or Henry step up, and pick up a back next offseason. But this scenerio is unlikely with Wanny on the chopping block. I think they will franticly be looking to land a back one way or another before the season gets under way.

You are being unrealistic. The only people Miami could get right now are players that other teams are willing to give up.

I don't know how you are comfortable with the three cornerbacks of Surtain, Howard and Poole.

Back
Top Bottom