Instead of possibly trading O-Gun...why not a CB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Instead of possibly trading O-Gun...why not a CB?

Sal Lisitano said:
But if we could get a Larry Johnson or a Michael Bennett for one of our corners and a mid-round draft pick...I would do it!!!

QUOTE]

No more giving up draft picks!!!!

I would consider trading madison for edge, I'm not sold on L.Johnson yet, or any of the Vikings RB's. I honestly think we should give Minor the chance, I believe he has great potential, but if we do go after any RB, I would want Willis McGahee. I know he hasnt played a down yet or anything, but if somehow we could talk the Bills into letting us get him, he would be my choice. Kid is gonna be awesome in the right system. All those Hurricane RB turn into something special. and I think McGahee could top Edge and portis. Very unlikely they would be willing to give him up, i know but just my 2 cents!

knight6jb said:
I would consider trading madison for edge, I'm not sold on L.Johnson yet, or any of the Vikings RB's. I honestly think we should give Minor the chance, I believe he has great potential, but if we do go after any RB, I would want Willis McGahee. I know he hasnt played a down yet or anything, but if somehow we could talk the Bills into letting us get him, he would be my choice. Kid is gonna be awesome in the right system. All those Hurricane RB turn into something special. and I think McGahee could top Edge and portis. Very unlikely they would be willing to give him up, i know but just my 2 cents!
Bills would never trade such a player in their own division

Trade or NOT to Trade. IS that the question?

Last night I screamed. This morning I cried. This afternoon, I'm indifferent. Life goes on.

My first reaction was to scramble and trade for Onterrio Smith. Of the young backs in the league, with game experience, I liked him the best. Larry Johnson, might take the pounding, but is not quick enough for our system. (Remember the first request made of Ricky... lose weight.) And, when drafted, it was noted he was considerably slower than Priest. I don't care how many 2,000 yard years he had at Penn State... this is the National Football League. 1/10 of a second is the difference in breaking open a 50 yard run and being tackled from behind by a DB.

I don't want any of Oakland's rejects. I don't want any Buffalo (Wild) Wings. And, I'd rather not deal for the slowest train leaving Chicago.

I'd STILL take Smith or Bennett if a player/player trade was on the table. However, let's face it.... the other team (no matter who) will want Ogun. I mean let's face it... we are ultimately trading for a franchise back. Even IF we go after a 2nd string back, the other team will demand 1st string compensation because he would become our #1 or be in the mix. That means giving up a player of equal comparison.

So, after considering those options, I begin to ponder... why implode the whole team for 1 position?

1) We have a strong young (for the most part) and deep defense.... don't tinker with success. Some teams are lucky to have 1 or 2 big name defenders... we have 11.

2) We FINALLY have 2 starting WRs that, on any given down, DEMAND double coverage for either or both. Both are young. One just needs to be monitored to not be seen talking to Robert Smith, Bob Marley or Lenny Kravitz.

3) We FINALLY have a TE worthy of considerable respect by any opposing Defense. He just needs to attend his Anger Management sessions with his Anger Ally - Adam Sandler.

4) We have BEGUN to retool the O Line. Granted, it's not the best front 5 in the NFL. But, they are YOUNG and HEALTHY (don't let us down DMAC). Given time to jell, this group might be something in a year or 2.

5) We have a boiling pot at QB. I think we have AN answer back there and even though I like Jay, I think it's time to look to the future and go with YOUTH. Feeley could solidify us for a decade IF he is what is billed.

6) We have all this "depth" at RB. I've heard how great our backups are and how the coaches feel comfortable with the talent.

That's when I thought... OK... let's see how great they really are.

Sometimes, stars are born from obscure corners by men who answer the call.
PAGING Leanord Henry. Mr. Henry, please STEP UP!

I like Minor as a 3rd down back, but there's no reason to miscast him as a pounder. I say, keep Minor in his role to minimize FURTHER turbulence.

Let's give Leanord a crack on downs 1 and 2. Then bring in Minor. You never know, with Ricky gone.. the rest of the team just might pull it together.

Any feelings on this?

Back
Top Bottom