Intentionally abandoning second half of every game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intentionally abandoning second half of every game

clutch

Active Roster
Reaction score
We all want dolphins show up every sunday, but need 1st pick for Tua.
So, how about playing best in first half to show hope, and abandoning second half for Tua.
And, what if they have been actually doing this till now? :)

I'm assuming and hoping your post is in jest, because no staff is able to pull that off.

With that said, that would be nice as it would be a better explanation of our total demise in the second half of every game... but really, it just shows that other teams have been able to adjust at halftime and we have not been able to do the same ourselves.

I'd love to see them play a lot better in 3rd quarters - that would indicate our coaches have some semblance of a clue... which until now, remains to be seen.

What we have here ladies & gentlemen...

is a perfect microcosm of what we see in the larger media-scape.

If tomorrow the press came out with an article about how the Dolphins were going to TOTALLY FOCUS

on getting the BEST cheerleaders with the biggest cleavage & no longer try & score touchdowns the rest of the season

to symbolize the need & importance of the Field Goal

&

how totally unfair & discriminatory it is NOT to ALWAYS KICK FIELD GOALS

INSTEAD
of trying to score Touch Downs....

We'd see TONS of younger fans having little cartoon fits every time the Dolphins score a Touch down. :p

Staffs can and have pulled it off. I vividly remember Indy when punting letting teams run right through offensive line to block punts. It was an easy way to throw a game quickly and they got Andrew luck for that creativity.

Staffs can and have pulled it off. I vividly remember Indy when punting letting teams run right through offensive line to block punts. It was an easy way to throw a game quickly and they got Andrew luck for that creativity.
Its so bias when you think about it...Curtis Painter,No Defense,ST play was a joke and it was obviously a tank job for Luck but the media and NFL let it slide that year. Fast forward to 2109 and its like a Crime when other teams follow the mold? No...Its going to be the new normal if the NFL does not act to level the competition. The league is watered down and NE has a exorbitant amount of what little actual talent there is to go around. Im actually shocked Indy is not in on the Tank this season...If so Miami would have no shot at #1 pick

Our offense looks somewhat decent when it's scripted. We don't have the talent to play off script in the 2nd half. This tank nonsense can't end soon enough.

Considering there are 4 good QBs in this draft, im sure teams arent rushing for 1st pick

There is no QB that is a 100% in any draft. Most people here wanted to trade up to get Baker. Look at him now...turnover machine! The best thing to do is to give it 110% effort on the field and see what we have. The majority of the great QBs weren’t drafted with the 1st pick.

Its so bias when you think about it...Curtis Painter,No Defense,ST play was a joke and it was obviously a tank job for Luck but the media and NFL let it slide that year. Fast forward to 2109 and its like a Crime when other teams follow the mold? No...Its going to be the new normal if the NFL does not act to level the competition. The league is watered down and NE has a exorbitant amount of what little actual talent there is to go around. Im actually shocked Indy is not in on the Tank this season...If so Miami would have no shot at #1 pick

Except Curtis Painter was their #3 QB and Kerry Collin was their #2 and Collins was a guy who just the prior year had 14 TDs 8 INTs and a decent 82.2 QB rating on the Titans. Unfortunately he got injured and surprisingly most teams don't have a decent #3 QB on their roster.

There is no QB that is a 100% in any draft. Most people here wanted to trade up to get Baker. Look at him now...turnover machine! The best thing to do is to give it 110% effort on the field and see what we have. The majority of the great QBs weren’t drafted with the 1st pick.
I can argue that the majority of great DEs weren't drafted with the 1st pick as well, but yet here we are with some posters wanting to pick up Young in the top 3. That narrative of a "majority of such and such weren't drafted with the 1st pick" can be said for a lot of positions not just QB. But I'd honestly hedge my bets with a QB prospect instead of DE prospect.

Back
Top Bottom