Interesting development: Belichick might not find a job | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting development: Belichick might not find a job

Bill is a bit of a control freak. Teams who operate normally (GM and HC) would not want to relinquish all control to him.

Unless he is willing to take a step back and simply coach, I doubt he gets another shot......

If he has to sit out a year, he can. Jon Gruden was away from the game quite a while and got hired by the Raiders for a king's ransom. In fact, BB might find he'll get a bigger payday and team control if he sits out a year or two.
He's getting up there in age though. Everyone wants to hire younger guys with hopes they'll be around for 2 decades.

I think he's done

If he has to sit out a year, he can. Jon Gruden was away from the game quite a while and got hired by the Raiders for a king's ransom. In fact, BB might find he'll get a bigger payday and team control if he sits out a year or two.
Anyone who gives him team control would be out of their mind. That was his problem in NE. Great coach, terrible evaluator of talent. If he's holding out for control, he may be in trouble...

It will be funny if he never gets another HC position so he wont be able to break Shula's record.

It will probably come down to how desperate he is to break the record and be willing to accept not having the control he wants.
That would be delicious... :chuckle:

I guess I'm a knucklehead!

Honestly, if you're McDaniel don't you at least give Bellichick a call? He's always been considered a defensive genius. Like it or not, Bellichick seems to get a game a year against Josh Allen and Buffalo. Allen usually has a hard time against Belichick's defense.

I don't think Bellichick would consider, and I hate him, but isn't he the best DC available at the moment?
Ain't gonna happen and wouldn't want him anywhere near our team. He's toxic!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I am not pounding the table for him, but I can see some advantages to this. One, he might be a dickhead to the press, but he does have a ton of experience. He is a good teacher. Without the pressures and responsibility of HC, he might flourish if all he has to do is think about the defensive side of the ball. It could prove revitalizing for him. I think our defense would benefit.
Pipe dream brother. His ego would never allow for a demotion...

Replacing Fangio
View attachment 159398
I kid, I kid..
drake i'm upset GIF by Republic Records

Because he is without a doubt the most overrated **** to ever walk on to a football field. Tom Brady was the reason they won! Bill sucks without Brady.
I take that scenario if it comes with a SB win.

I’d take any scenario that comes with a SB for the Dolphins.

Nonetheless, hate BB. **** BB. Let’s get one with McD please.

Alpha personality clash. Looks good on paper but they couldn't coexist. They are one and the same and it's Jerry's team...
Alphas coexist as long as it's mutually beneficial to all alphas involved. No owner sees that as the current situation though. My guess is they're all fine with BB the coach, but not ok with BB the GM. If he wants to flex his clout at GM any multi billionaire would be smart to pass

Back
Top Bottom