Interesting Draft Preview

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,346
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
That was a pretty good view point of the positions. After reading it, it sounds like the safer bet is to draft Brown at #2.
 

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
7,614
Reaction score
8
PhinDude88 said:
That was a pretty good view point of the positions. After reading it, it sounds like the safer bet is to draft Brown at #2.

I disagree. Trade down with a team in love with some player. That way, we'd get a high pick and some extra picks.
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,346
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
ih8brady said:
I disagree. Trade down with a team in love with some player. That way, we'd get a high pick and some extra picks.

I would love to trade down, but not to far. But if we do stay at #2, it should be Brown since he a complete RB.
 

d-day

Administrator
Administrator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Nov 2, 2004
Messages
29,444
Reaction score
212
Location
The Myer
ih8brady said:
I disagree. Trade down with a team in love with some player. That way, we'd get a high pick and some extra picks.
i agree with you bro - lots of equal value in the top of the draft - i say draft down just enough to still get a good player we want and grab some picks in the process - it's the bonus plan
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,688
Reaction score
0
I think Brown is the best option at 2 regardless of anything else than that of his on-field excellence.
 

KB21

Finheaven VIP
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,049
Reaction score
59
Well, it states a lot of what I've been saying on this board. First of all, if you want a starting quarterback, you better take one on the first day of the draft. Secondly, a running back that can affect the game in both the running game and the passing game is more valuable than a wide receiver or a one dimensional running back.

This is why I have been saying that Ronnie Brown would make the biggest impact on this offense, because he will upgrade the running game instantly as well as upgrade the passing game with his presence as a receiver and a blocker on the blitz pick up. It is also why you have to look at him differently than you look at other running backs. Ronnie brings it all to the table. He's a great runner who is probably the best receiver in the draft as well.
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,346
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
Its driving me crazy, i wish the draft would hurry up and get here.
 

FlyFishingKing

Camp Victory
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Location
Ft. Hood, Texas
ih8brady said:
I disagree. Trade down with a team in love with some player. That way, we'd get a high pick and some extra picks.
Hey Ricky.....No one is going to trade down with us......If they do it will be the last 5 secs on the clock.....

:nesucks::billsbite:jetssuck:
 

FlyFishingKing

Camp Victory
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Location
Ft. Hood, Texas
KB21 said:
Well, it states a lot of what I've been saying on this board. First of all, if you want a starting quarterback, you better take one on the first day of the draft. Secondly, a running back that can affect the game in both the running game and the passing game is more valuable than a wide receiver or a one dimensional running back.

This is why I have been saying that Ronnie Brown would make the biggest impact on this offense, because he will upgrade the running game instantly as well as upgrade the passing game with his presence as a receiver and a blocker on the blitz pick up. It is also why you have to look at him differently than you look at other running backs. Ronnie brings it all to the table. He's a great runner who is probably the best receiver in the draft as well.[/QUOTEMore]

Rock on brother!
:beerbang:
 

Phinadict

And away he goes...
Joined
Apr 27, 2004
Messages
1,057
Reaction score
44
KB21 said:
Well, it states a lot of what I've been saying on this board. First of all, if you want a starting quarterback, you better take one on the first day of the draft. Secondly, a running back that can affect the game in both the running game and the passing game is more valuable than a wide receiver or a one dimensional running back.

This is why I have been saying that Ronnie Brown would make the biggest impact on this offense, because he will upgrade the running game instantly as well as upgrade the passing game with his presence as a receiver and a blocker on the blitz pick up. It is also why you have to look at him differently than you look at other running backs. Ronnie brings it all to the table. He's a great runner who is probably the best receiver in the draft as well.
KB, you are one of the reasons I love being on this board. You always bring good info and you use common sense when posting. I have to ask, are you really stating that Brown is the best receiver in this year's class?
 

KB21

Finheaven VIP
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,049
Reaction score
59
Phinadict said:
KB, you are one of the reasons I love being on this board. You always bring good info and you use common sense when posting. I have to ask, are you really stating that Brown is the best receiver in this year's class?
I'm not stating it, but I've heard several coaches make the comment that Ronnie Brown has better hands than any of the receivers in the draft. I am saying that I have seen Ronnie Brown make over the shoulder catches that would make the wide receivers in this draft jealous. This guy is very smooth in his pass patterns, and he catches the ball with his hands as opposed to with his body. I saw him in several games over his career, and I don't remember him dropping very many passes, if any.

With the multiple wide formations that Scott Linehan will be using, it puts more of an emphasis on getting a back that can pick up a blitz. Spreading out the offense leaves the five linemen and the back for pass protection.
 

BSQX4

Starter
Joined
Apr 23, 2002
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
0
Location
Plantation
I've been leaning toward taking a Q.B. in the first round but unless the guy comes on as fast as Big Ben he won't help us this year. Honestly, what would help the most THIS season would be Ronnie Brown or Benson. Either guy would upgrade the team right away.
 

jbond

Pro Bowler
Joined
Jul 17, 2003
Messages
2,072
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Melbourne, FL
It is a decent analysis but it is also lacking. I'm sure you all know you can make a report say just about anything you want or slant it in a direction. Notice that the top 10 WRs listed....they don't show the # of years in the league or when (what year) they became starters. For RB's...it doesn't show which round they were drafted in or years in league, when they started etc. (to compare against the WR round numbers, for 'top 10') and it only lists passes for RBs...not yards or production on the ground (although granted from the names...we know they're good).

The biggest gleen of information that I got which I considered truly meaningful was the number of teams starting a 1st round QB (19 or 59%) and in the 2nd round (3 for 9%).
 
Top Bottom