Interesting Formations at Dallas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Formations at Dallas

Everyone in the skill positions can block well on our O. McMicheal might make a good WR, but he's getting plenty of catches at TE. I don't want to miss up a good thing...

McMichael is already one of the best TEs in the league. He causes major matchup problems for LBs and safeties. Why would you want to mess with that?? If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it. :)

Randy's big enough. He's an inch taller and 20 lbs heavier than Shannon Sharpe ever was. When you've been watching Zach Thomas for 8 seasons, size shouldn't matter to you. :)

Originally posted by Muck
McMichael is already one of the best TEs in the league. He causes major matchup problems for LBs and safeties. Why would you want to mess with that?? If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it. :)

Randy's big enough. He's an inch taller and 20 lbs heavier than Shannon Sharpe ever was. When you've been watching Zach Thomas for 8 seasons, size shouldn't matter to you. :)
i'd like to see some fakes to ricky and some quick throws to gadsden and mcmichael!;)

Originally posted by Muck
What I didn't notice (until Hoge showed it) was that many of the 3 WR formations were really Donald Lee and Randy McMichael split out wide and Chris Chambers manning the slot. Chambers' final TD came from this package.

On the td you mentioned I did take notice of the formation as I took yet another gulp of beer.

I pointed toward Chambers and told my wife, "Watch the receiver on the inside."

She turned towards the field to escape my foul beer breath and watched Chambers as the play developed.

Great thread. Norv is finding his groove. The Colts had one TE and no FB, so they could not run effectively in red zone. This will not be a problem for you.
McMichael is the straw that stirs the team. He can block the edge well, and defeat all covers. The Phins pass game is a happy meal, Chambers' speed is the coke, Ricky's pass catch ability, play pass fakes and improved blocking are the fries to compliment, and the Big Mac is Randy McMichaels.Randy is Norv's new Novachek, fundamentally sound and a per man mismatch who plays every reciever position.
Ricky's run game alone is a full course meal, but Norv's pass game can work too this week's weather will hinder it somewhat . The Phins TE and even a bigger WR like Gadsen can work this ball control and run heavy set well.
When Ricky goes deep I formation he lets blocks develop and can see the cutback better. Norv's classic three block option routes lets him see the point contain and cutback pursuit and make HIS decision. That Ricky said he was ready to play smashmouth 3 yards shows his maturity. Coaches love that style, Shula's Csonk and Mercury in ONE MAN.
Runs of 3, 7 and 10 yards are IDEAL for a coach in bad weather or ANY TIME. Ricky is taking a fullback mentality and using those legs that biked all over Southeast Florida , ready to make the difference for December. Conditioning can show today. If a counter play gets 3 yards before contact and the one on one matchup is Ricky, any coach would take that. The counter 2TE set needs to be used. Hole up and seal Washington on a downblock and move the others off the ball, or wall up Ted and move the DL with influence blocks. That T leading sweeps with the hook and move setup is a CHiefs staple this year, it works for wide runs and slide screens.
Phins 2 TE sets and Konrad H back allow you to wall up a side off the guard/center gap especially on counters. The D has to spread out more and cannot cheat the SS force man as well since there 2 strongs sides. Also Ricky is closer to the line, can use quick hitting plays instead of following the lead man for a change of pace run. Being close to line allows him to get an upfield release better for pass catches too.
Norv and his foe will use that slide screen a lot, high percentage low risk stuff. Brady's bread and butter play. Stop the simple plays and force teams to execute.Both team's credence today.
Wanny needs to tell refs before game to make SURE that his guy gets a good football off the rack. Often on their weather games the road team gets a ball from the rack uncovered so passing is difficult. Wanny should note that to refs pregame to make sure his guys get quality product to use. Take nothing for granted, attention to detail matters most in this scenario. Stay on the side judge about it, notice when the ball substituion occurs, is it one slick enough for side judge or ball boys to drop or one that is covered up and catchable? Leave no stone unturned for advantage do not allow them to sell your team off in such matters. Just be discreet and say so to ref in pregame meeting.
Pay attention to detail, any time you have a spot of the field that is in better shape to kick from have special teams players on O or D or punt downs note that area's conditions. Make better judgement calls about FG, accepting penalties or delcining if they do not improve the footing for points instead of long yardage retries. let coaches and coordinators know, especially a vet puntrer can check those scenarios. Think as a TEAM and Good Luck!

THREE YARDS AND A CLOUD OF SNOW! Run Ricky Run!:evil:

Back
Top Bottom