interesting info on LT's. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

interesting info on LT's.

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
after doing some checking to see wehre the LT in the league have been drafted or obtained, I have come to seee taht almost 98% of them were drafted in the 1st round from pick 1 to 19th. Now, 10 of the 12 teams saban said had LT that were one of the best in the game. I can see us oging have W. Justice now honestly. I think we need this to be a great team hoenstly. whether he will be able to go from RT to lLT i dont konw but if he can and coaches see it, i sure hope we get to draft him. No joke either, about 98% of em were all from pick 1 - 19 in round 1. it honestly shocked me. the top LT in the game. Pats, miami and a few here and there are the ones w/out the LT's. Bills as well.

That also means a lot of teams who drafted them so high suck now lol

The info that a lot of teams took guys that high is great and is an interesting fact, but im not sure it means we have to draft one

I'd think a franchise left tackle would be a nice asset to have to protect Drew Brees or which ever QB we get. Look at the Super Bowl teams, Marvel Smith and Walter Jones especially, are very good left tackles, hell, Jones is probably now the best one in the league. You can't honestly tell me you wouldn't want to draft a player of that caliber even if it meant using the 16th pick on one. I'm not saying any in this draft are as good as Jones, but a franchise left tackle can do nothing but help us in the future.

RoninFin4 said:
I'd think a franchise left tackle would be a nice asset to have to protect Drew Brees or which ever QB we get. Look at the Super Bowl teams, Marvel Smith and Walter Jones especially, are very good left tackles, hell, Jones is probably now the best one in the league. You can't honestly tell me you wouldn't want to draft a player of that caliber even if it meant using the 16th pick on one. I'm not saying any in this draft are as good as Jones, but a franchise left tackle can do nothing but help us in the future.

exactly and all were picked aorund our range or around the 11th. meaning they spent high piocks onthem which im sure says something.

BTW that is some good info SR 7. I think Justice is athletic enough to be a left tackle, he has even bulked up some, I saw a combine page from nfldraftcountdown.com that had him weighed in around 315, I think he'd be a great pick if in fact he falls to 16.

RoninFin4 said:
BTW that is some good info SR 7. I think Justice is athletic enough to be a left tackle, he has even bulked up some, I saw a combine page from nfldraftcountdown.com that had him weighed in around 315, I think he'd be a great pick if in fact he falls to 16.

thank you.

you hav a lil too much time on your hands...

s3an8 said:
you hav a lil too much time on your hands...

it wan'st that hard to find out the information. took 5 min

Most fans yawn when an OT is picked in the draft because its not a exciting position but I agree totally with the premise of this thread.

The best OTs in the league were drafted high in the first round.The top ones are harder to find in FA than QBs which is why so many of them are franchised.

If Justice is there by our pick we should draft him.I even like Mc Neil at that spot if his rumored back problems are disproved or minimized.

There are some character knocks on Justice but no one knows him better than our OL coach Davis who coached Justice at USC so we should have some inside scoop on that aspect.

I wouldn't mind seeing us draft a Tackle for the future but only if Huff and Greenway have already been selected. I think our D is a very high priority, not that our O-Line isn't but with Houck at the helm of our O-Line I can see him turning rags to richs with whoever we pick up.

phin-fan34MDH said:
I wouldn't mind seeing us draft a Tackle for the future but only if Huff and Greenway have already been selected. I think our D is a very high priority, not that our O-Line isn't but with Houck at the helm of our O-Line I can see him turning rags to richs with whoever we pick up.

You can make clay out of dirt but you cant make steel from it.You need stronger materials to work with.IMO LTs are born not made.

If we do go offensive line with the first pick, which I'm still not convinced we will, I think the player to keep your eye on is Marcus McNeil, if anything because he has that SEC familiarity that Saban relied on a bit in last year's draft.

Im all for Justice IF we get Brees. You have to protect your frachise QB. Now if we DONT get Brees (I think we will, but just for discussions sake) we should aim for one of the big 3 QBs

Back
Top Bottom