interesting info on LT's. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

interesting info on LT's.

Anyone remember tony Mandich? lol well he was a sure fire cant miss guy that turned to total junk..just because you take a guy at 16 doesnt mean he is gonna be a franchise type LT!!!! Gawd i get tired of people thinking that.If i remember right we tookcarey around the same spot and look waht a great player he has been?..Seriously anything but dbrickshaw at 16 is a REACH! bigtime!!!There are NO LT worth the 16 overall pick!!!Period.This is well documented also.the draft is thin at the top with quality LT's but i have read that it will have some great value at the 3rd round and beyond...For that reason and the fact that this team needs so many things i see us either going with the best defensive player on the board either LB or DB...There is always the chance we move down a little to try to get more picks,which might be a good idea this year...

It would not be a surprise at all for SABAN to select a T in the 1st round -

That would only happen though if Houck was sure that the player could step in and START this year .... as we wouldn't restructure McIntosh at the same time ...

He aready has Alibi as a 'project' ... we don't need another one.

Either Alibi or the draftee would have to start this year.

I'm good with getting a solid LT, if there is a guy there that isn't a reach at #16. Once you get a good one, you can get a good 10-12 years out of the guy and spend those other drafts on the "skill positions".

I agree that keeping Brees upright, and with time to throw, and some holes for Ronnie to run through is more important than other team needs. You simply won't find a good LT through free agency, but you can get most any defensive player.

Yeah, I think the Phins need secondary help, and I'd love to see another CB or Safety picked first round, but the team is better off long term with a solid LT and a cheaper vet CB, versus keeping McIntosh and getting a rookie CB.

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
I'm good with getting a solid LT, if there is a guy there that isn't a reach at #16. Once you get a good one, you can get a good 10-12 years out of the guy and spend those other drafts on the "skill positions".

I agree that keeping Brees upright, and with time to throw, and some holes for Ronnie to run through is more important than other team needs. You simply won't find a good LT through free agency, but you can get most any defensive player.

Yeah, I think the Phins need secondary help, and I'd love to see another CB or Safety picked first round, but the team is better off long term with a solid LT and a cheaper vet CB, versus keeping McIntosh and getting a rookie CB.

yea i agree. I rather go LT adn Blue or FA LT for a 2 yr or a 1 yr deal then Lawson and Blue or osmethign alone those lines. (meaning 1st and 2nd rd picks)

badfoot said:
Anyone remember tony Mandich? lol well he was a sure fire cant miss guy that turned to total junk..just because you take a guy at 16 doesnt mean he is gonna be a franchise type LT!!!! Gawd i get tired of people thinking that.If i remember right we tookcarey around the same spot and look waht a great player he has been?..Seriously anything but dbrickshaw at 16 is a REACH! bigtime!!!There are NO LT worth the 16 overall pick!!!Period.This is well documented also.the draft is thin at the top with quality LT's but i have read that it will have some great value at the 3rd round and beyond...For that reason and the fact that this team needs so many things i see us either going with the best defensive player on the board either LB or DB...There is always the chance we move down a little to try to get more picks,which might be a good idea this year...
A linebacker can bust. A CB can. A QB can. A safety can. A RB can. A WR can. A DL can. A TE can. What do you propose that we pick? A tackle can work out, or not. Same as any position

Well I have been on the Draft Winston Justice Bandwagon for a long time. I would only draft Jimmy Williams or Michael Huff unless some huge slipped to us.

badfoot said:

Justice is rated in that range. It's about 50/50 whether he'll last to 16.

badfoot said:

How is the talent at LT thin at the top?

There is a great LT in D'Brick, Eric Winston who just ran 4.93 at 310 pounds. And Winston Justice whose measurables are great for LT and all are projected in the 1st round.

If you are talking about the LT's like Trueblood then lord help us if we pick him. Those guys are rated there because they just aren't as good as guys like Winston and Justice.

badfoot said:

Vernon Carey wasn't even a left tackle in college and projected as a guard in the pros.

Back
Top Bottom