interesting question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

interesting question

FinsAreLife

F-A-L
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Messages
4,747
Reaction score
0
i was thinking and........ricky has to serve a 4 game suspension if he come back....well does this mean he can play in pre-season ? how does it work, can the pre-season count as the suspension games.....i would think not but i was curious:confused:
 

NJPHINFAN

Where do these stairs go?
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Location
North Jersey
FinsAreLife said:
i was thinking and........ricky has to serve a 4 game suspension if he come back....well does this mean he can play in pre-season ? how does it work, can the pre-season count as the suspension games.....i would think not but i was curious:confused:
NO
 

Timmy54

Not a 3am Member but still post whoring
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
3,457
Reaction score
0
Location
Gainesville
it means he can play in the preseason but if the suspension were to be inforced, he would sit out weeks 1-4.
 

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
1,214
Reaction score
204
Location
Florida
:confused: Does the BYE week count? Or is it actual GAMES? Whould Ricky be available for the Bills on 10/09, or have to wait for Tampa on 10/16?:confused2
 

popularwar

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Messages
3,938
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Location
Coral Springs, Florida
Perfect72 said:
:confused: Does the BYE week count? Or is it actual GAMES? Whould Ricky be available for the Bills on 10/09, or have to wait for Tampa on 10/16?:confused2
BYE week counts. Jamal Lewis had to serve a suspension this past season and one of the four weeks was the BYE week.
 

yankeehillbilly

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
4,630
Reaction score
2
Age
56
Location
Smackdab in the middle of Hoosierland
popularwar said:
BYE week counts. Jamal Lewis had to serve a suspension this past season and one of the four weeks was the BYE week.

I believe that is incorrect. Violating the substance abuse policy warrants a 4 GAME suspension, not a 4 week suspension.
Ricky will be allowed to play against Tampa

As for Lewis, the NFL suspended him for 2 games, not 4.
 

GRT8

DOLPHIN FAN SINCE 1970
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
1,871
Reaction score
0
Location
Virginia
popularwar said:
BYE week counts. Jamal Lewis had to serve a suspension this past season and one of the four weeks was the BYE week.

THAT IS INTERESTING....mising only three games.I haven't been reading the other boards( threads) as there are too many, lately. I was just wondering if ricky comes back in october and weighs 210 after training......would he be faster? i can see him being a 10-12 carry back splitting time with brown. I seriously don't think we could keep both of them for 2006 for salary cap purposes, as Ricky would more than likely be looking for bigger cash then......I
assume
 

yankeehillbilly

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
4,630
Reaction score
2
Age
56
Location
Smackdab in the middle of Hoosierland
GRT8 said:
THAT IS INTERESTING....mising only three games.I haven't been reading the other boards( threads) as there are too many, lately. I was just wondering if ricky comes back in october and weighs 210 after training......would he be faster? i can see him being a 10-12 carry back splitting time with brown. I seriously don't think we could keep both of them for 2006 for salary cap purposes, as Ricky would more than likely be looking for bigger cash then......I
assume

I dont believe thats accurate. Ricky would miss 4 games, not 3. As I stated above, Lewis was only suspended for 2 games which happened to be just after Baltimore's bye week.
 
Top Bottom