interesting question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

interesting question

FinsAreLife

F-A-L
Reaction score
i was thinking and........ricky has to serve a 4 game suspension if he come back....well does this mean he can play in pre-season ? how does it work, can the pre-season count as the suspension games.....i would think not but i was curious:confused:

FinsAreLife said:
i was thinking and........ricky has to serve a 4 game suspension if he come back....well does this mean he can play in pre-season ? how does it work, can the pre-season count as the suspension games.....i would think not but i was curious:confused:
NO

it means he can play in the preseason but if the suspension were to be inforced, he would sit out weeks 1-4.

:confused: Does the BYE week count? Or is it actual GAMES? Whould Ricky be available for the Bills on 10/09, or have to wait for Tampa on 10/16?:confused2

Perfect72 said:
:confused: Does the BYE week count? Or is it actual GAMES? Whould Ricky be available for the Bills on 10/09, or have to wait for Tampa on 10/16?:confused2
BYE week counts. Jamal Lewis had to serve a suspension this past season and one of the four weeks was the BYE week.

popularwar said:
BYE week counts. Jamal Lewis had to serve a suspension this past season and one of the four weeks was the BYE week.

I believe that is incorrect. Violating the substance abuse policy warrants a 4 GAME suspension, not a 4 week suspension.
Ricky will be allowed to play against Tampa

As for Lewis, the NFL suspended him for 2 games, not 4.

popularwar said:

THAT IS INTERESTING....mising only three games.I haven't been reading the other boards( threads) as there are too many, lately. I was just wondering if ricky comes back in october and weighs 210 after training......would he be faster? i can see him being a 10-12 carry back splitting time with brown. I seriously don't think we could keep both of them for 2006 for salary cap purposes, as Ricky would more than likely be looking for bigger cash then......I
assume

GRT8 said:
THAT IS INTERESTING....mising only three games.I haven't been reading the other boards( threads) as there are too many, lately. I was just wondering if ricky comes back in october and weighs 210 after training......would he be faster? i can see him being a 10-12 carry back splitting time with brown. I seriously don't think we could keep both of them for 2006 for salary cap purposes, as Ricky would more than likely be looking for bigger cash then......I
assume

I dont believe thats accurate. Ricky would miss 4 games, not 3. As I stated above, Lewis was only suspended for 2 games which happened to be just after Baltimore's bye week.

Back
Top Bottom