Interesting.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting....

If I had a clean pocket for 90% of my 19 year career I’d be pretty energetic also.
One of the thoughts watching the Josh Allen injury or Mason Rudolph injury today is the difference it would make if it was Brady or Brees taking that hit.. New England guy didn't even get a fine if it happened to brady you can bet your ass it'd be a multi game suspension followed by off season rule changes.

That tops it all. :lol:

I mean seriously. Say he doesn't win enough. Say he doesn't throw enough TDs. Say he does throw too many INTs.
But please stop from trying to determine what goes on in his mind or how he approaches the game. You have no clue. Zero. Nill. Nada. That is pure 'hatred'/dislike toward Rosen. My goodness. :bobdole:
I mean that would be just too easy. We obviously know those things. Its just a feeling with his intagibles. I said such. I just don't like his body language. Combine that with his reputation as being arrogant and that gives me some pause. But yeah, you figured me out. I'd love if we didn't have our franchise qb already on the roster for like $2m/yr for the next 3 year. Its gonna be awesome instead to have to spend the #1 pick on a qb which historically hasn't worked out that great.

Its gonna be awesome instead to have to spend the #1 pick on a qb which historically hasn't worked out that great.

You'd rather take Tua in the second or third round? Do QB's work out better the later they are drafted?

I mean that would be just too easy. We obviously know those things. Its just a feeling with his intagibles. I said such. I just don't like his body language. Combine that with his reputation as being arrogant and that gives me some pause. But yeah, you figured me out. I'd love if we didn't have our franchise qb already on the roster for like $2m/yr for the next 3 year. Its gonna be awesome instead to have to spend the #1 pick on a qb which historically hasn't worked out that great.
What body language? And what reputation? Word from the Cards and the Dolphins is that he is a great team player.

You'd rather take Tua in the second or third round? Do QB's work out better the later they are drafted?
I'm just saying just b/c you're drafting a qb #1, doesn't assure that he'll be a good qb. I think there's been something like 8 qb's drafted #1 in the last 10 drafts and only one (Luck) has been very good. I'd much rather have Rosen be our qb of the future and trade that #1 pick for a boatload of other pics.

https://www.businessinsider.com/josh-rosen-rumors-nfl-not-liked-2018-5. Just as an example. I thought this was pretty well know about Rosen going into the draft. Guess not.
Lots of GMs not liking a certain comment he made in college. :lol: And then you have a lot of "sources". Several players came out after his Cardinals stint and spoke highly of him and wished him good luck (led by players like Fitzgerald). And right now Rosen has a very good relationship with all the other QBs and teamates. That's all I am looking at right now.
Did the guy ever talk to the girlfriend? :lol:

So he is outspoken and has/had a chip on his shoulder. :lol: Rattle me surprised. I can give you dozens of QBs who were outspoken and had chips on their shoulders. :chuckle:

It is amazing. Some people say that QBs should be leaders and rattle the box and then it is not right either. I like my QB to be on the arrogant side and I want him too speak out and I definitely want him to carry a chip the size of an 18-wheeler on his shoulder. But all that does not make him arrogant.

But whatever floats your boat. Can't change your mind and I don't want to change your mind. :cheers:

I'm just saying just b/c you're drafting a qb #1, doesn't assure that he'll be a good qb.

What round do you want to take a QB in, and how do they work out? Rosen was both a first and now a second round draft pick was used to aquire him does that reassure you?

There are a lot of things to not like about Rosen...He processes things slowly, doesn't always see the field "right" (he misses throws, open receivers". While I like that he tries for a big play, he does not see the easy first. He has a ton of arm talent, but he seems to struggle with the feel of the position. His personality, his beliefs, and what he has done off the field doesn't bother me at all.

Rosen was a 5 star QB and there are times you can see why. He most likely excelled in 7on7s and these camps these QBs go to, but nothing in his career at UCLA or so far in the NFL leads me to believe he is going to be a 10-year starter. Stats, as pointed out in the OP, are one of those lovely stats that seemed to be found for specific arguments and add a little context to the overall assessment.

[QUOTE="phins_4_ever, post: 8035377, member: 32546”]
Long Rosen/ Brady post, edited so people don’t have to scroll through this

[/QUOTE]

I know we’ve had our disagreements as of late, but this really is a great post man

Edit: ahhh **** i messed up the quote @phins_4_ever

In his later career, this stems from him being able to make good reads. Sure he’s had better lines but he’s also a MUCH better player than Rosen will ever be. Earlier in his career, Brady was hidden by defense, run game and coaching. Now he’s part of the success.

Pressure burts pipes, that’s true for any quarterback. Brady is just a better plumber than most.

I thought Brady was pretty damn good up until Moss left
Since then he is the king of 3 yd passes that somehow are unstoppable
Whenever he is pressured he folds, which is rare because of the very short passes and the holding his OL is granted by the refs

Last edited:
Can someone logically explain to me how we are now using "energy" as a criteria point as to a QB's talent level? What in the hell does a players energy have to do with their ability??

It is an interesting stat. I really do hope Rosen is given a fair chance, but it seems like a decision to draft a quarterback in the first round has already been made.

Please let me know where this info is. I keep hearing this yet not one person can point to even the slightest inside info or public statement to back it up. All I hear is personal desire justified with the same subjective statements.

Back
Top Bottom