Interior Defensive Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interior Defensive Line

I know we need a TE but if Hurst is there I'd be really tempted to take him. I actually probably would and hope an Andrews at worst is there in Rnd 3.

The interior of our Dline is young and unproven no doubt, but i don't think the sky is falling. Phillips is my biggest concern, although he played better last season, he has yet to become the dominant player the Dolphins envisioned when they drafted him.

The interior of our Dline is young and unproven no doubt, but i don't think the sky is falling. Phillips is my biggest concern, although he played better last season, he has yet to become the dominant player the Dolphins envisioned when they drafted him.

I agree - we had ALL-WORLD (yet undisciplined) Suh last couple of seasons and we still got gashed big time by the run.

Why?

Because we had no LB's and we played un-disciplined within our gaps.

Now I would not mind picking up another DT, but I think with better LB play this year (from Raekwon, plus TJ not missing the first 8 games like last year, & w/ Minkah being a great tackler) that we will be better at stopping the run this year.

The three players listed in red above weren't even on the field last year for us - having them back, plus disciplined play by Vincent and Davon, should = better run support.

Sure we need another body in there ...but we had a TOP 2 DT for how many years? And how many years were we still losing in the trenches?

Teams make DT rotations work every year, and we've said we want to implement a rotation so that's that.

Also, "starting a rookie at MLB" is a bad thing, but you really wanted to pick a rookie DT last night to start? Little double-sided huh?

It's a major concern. No doubt. I still think Fitzpatrick was the right pick. Will have to be successful in middle rounds. I think tight end is next up.

I agree - we had ALL-WORLD (yet undisciplined) Suh last couple of seasons and we still got gashed big time by the run.

Why?

Because we had no LB's and we played un-disciplined within our gaps.

Now I would not mind picking up another DT, but I think with better LB play this year (from Raekwon, plus TJ not missing the first 8 games like last year, & w/ Minkah being a great tackler) that we will be better at stopping the run this year.

The three players listed in red above weren't even on the field last year for us - having them back, plus disciplined play by Vincent and Davon, should = better run support.

Suh, undisciplined and ALL World.

Suh did his work at a high level. He dealt with no LB help, youth at the the other DT spot and a aging Wake that really has no business being a 3 down player at this point.

Cutting Suh only to use a draft asset because their plan over these past few years was folly. This team would be much better off right now with that man still in Davie. But he isnt, which leads to what we see in this topic. What we see on Sundays will determine how bad this FO bungled the handling of Suh.

I thought Hankins was still available as a potential fall back plan. Hurst could be available at 42 as well. Let is play out.
I think Hankins as well as a couple of other run stuffing DT Free agents Miami brought in but didn't other contracts. I'll guess they bring back those run stuffers as soon as the smoke clears on the draft. A mammoth NT/DT that can turn the interior DL into the do-not-run-zone and force the offense to run to the edges would play exactly into Miami speed linebackers abilities.

I used to watch Mickey Andrews Defense at FSU do exactly that over and over giving the ball to the offense with plenty of time on the clock.

Phillips is going to dominate in his contract year. We’ll be okay.

Phillips is going to dominate in his contract year. We’ll be okay.

ive said this a couple times in other posts trying to be optimistic about the season. Phillips plays when he is motivated, what is more motivation than a big contract in your contract year. I still stay I want hurst or settle and as soon as one of them is picked in the 4th we do our damndest to trade up to make sure we get the other.

Phillips, Godchaux, Taylor, Hurst/settle (hopefully), rotational Hayes, or we can always call johnathonHankins agent to see his cost, I see he's still available, prob not what we want to pay, but could potentially be had on a one year contract, Alan branch though older is still out there. so a couple of rotational DT's still available

Guys, this is not some super bowl team next year. At least we're getting the Suh contract off the books. Biting the bullet now. No need to pay a DT like a QB. You can be a rebuilding team without announcing that you're a rebuilding team. I mean, does anyone really see this team next year in LIII? The team lacks depth in a lot of areas and those things get exposed over a season as injuries pile up and yes, our DL might not be able to hold up very well. Let's all just HOPE that we're figuring it out finally and this isn't all due to the fact that we were up against the cap so we couldn't be a free agency spender. No $20 million defensive tackles, no $16 million slot receivers and no big spending in free agency for other people's castoffs. Hopefully better days are ahead......hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom