Iron Triangle is no more... can we recover? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Iron Triangle is no more... can we recover?

Originally posted by Angneli
Originally posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305
Ck where did you hear that his taking cue from Marvin Lewis ? Because if that's the case I believe that we have an overall better personnel than they did when they won the bowl. /QUOTE]

Better personel than the Ravens when they won the bowl.

D-Line- Siragusa, Adams, Mcrary (3/4 positions they are better than the Dolphins. Jason Taylor helps you.)

Linebackers- R. Lewis, Boulware, Sharper (Ravens Starters are better at all three positions, by far)

Secondary- You might have a bit of an edge here. I think McAllister is Better than Surtain. Who else was there Rod Woodson as a Safety that year was better than Marion. I'd say the secondary is about even.

So they were better than you at 8/11 positions.

The Ravens' DL also included Rob Burnett, who is now a Dolphin... and a Siragusa/Adams combo is arguably the same thing as a Bowens/Chester combo, not much of a pass rush but, they are a 650lb wall in the center of the rush defense.

The linebackers, I would agree that the Ravens were slightly more talented at the time but Thomas, Rodgers and Greenwood CAN BE this years' version of those three.....they are just as talented and if they are used in a similar scheme they will put up similar numbers.

Excuse me, but Marion went to the pro bowl that year and hasn't lost a step, Surtain is definately better than McCallister, Madison is heads and shoulders better than WHOEVER they had opposite McCallister, and our third cb is a number 1 draft pick.....I'd say our secondary is easily better than what the Ravens had.

Don't let jealousy cloud your judgement..

Originally posted by inFINSible

The Ravens' DL also included Rob Burnett, who is now a Dolphin... and a Siragusa/Adams combo is arguably the same thing as a Bowens/Chester combo, not much of a pass rush but, they are a 650lb wall in the center of the rush defense.

The linebackers, I would agree that the Ravens were slightly more talented at the time but Thomas, Rodgers and Greenwood CAN BE this years' version of those three.....they are just as talented and if they are used in a similar scheme they will put up similar numbers.

Excuse me, but Marion went to the pro bowl that year and hasn't lost a step, Surtain is definately better than McCallister, Madison is heads and shoulders better than WHOEVER they had opposite McCallister, and our third cb is a number 1 draft pick.....I'd say our secondary is easily better than what the Ravens had.

Don't let jealousy cloud your judgement..

What do you have that I should be jealous of personel wise. I don't think your defensive line is much better. I think our linebackers are better. I think your secondary is good, but I think ours will be equal this season. On offense I think we have you at every position except for Running back.

Yeah....that's why all the prognosticators are picking the Bills as an AFC favorite.....get real.

Honestly, did I miss something here? How long has the Bills secondary been all Godly like this? Last I remember, Jay was ripping apart that D by the tune of a 30 point win. In all seriousness, when did their secondary become so good? What was their defensive ranking in reference to the pass? I just find it funny that not one sports writer has mentioned a thing about this "awesome secondary". Not starting crap, just curious as to when this happened......

Originally posted by BMarion31
I just find it funny that not one sports writer has mentioned a thing about this "awesome secondary". Not starting crap, just curious as to when this happened......

It has only happened in his LSD induced hallucinations...

Granted Winfield is OK, but Clements is in his 2nd year, and still has so much to learn. The safeties are above average. I dunno about depth, but if their safeties are that bad, they can't have too great of depth. Can anyone who knows please explain to me when this secondary became so imposing? I know I watched only 2 games of the Bills, both against the 'Fins, but the secondary didn't look too good then......

Bodzilla hit it right on the head - there are few tackles in the league that can provide a consistant pass rush line Gardner did. There is how Warren Sapp made his mark too. Chester is a decent addition to the line, but he will not make people forget DG. We will be forced to play our safties up, not doubt. We are in the process of making the tranistion from a defensive team to an offensive one. This will really put the question to our corners: with a limited pass rush and less support from the safties, they will be more vulnerable than in years past.

I don't think this will make much of a difference since he was going to be an end. Also, since he was always injured, we already know how to play without him, and anyway you look at it, we will have 4 solid starters on the defensive line and one backup at DE who could start on a lot of teams.

Back
Top Bottom