Irrational Exuberance | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Irrational Exuberance

Re: Re: Re: Re: Irrational Exuberance

Originally posted by finsrclowns

Ahh...is that what you call Spittlegate??:D

This is what I get for trying to treat you with respect?

A few comments in answer to a reporters questions about an incident is hardly "talking sh*t"....Maybe I could have been clearer with my terminology......or maybe next time you can consider the sentence in context with the rest of the post.

Originally posted by Chauncey
Da Bilz 427, Dolphins 3 :D

I'll take that bet... closest person to the actual score wins....

Here's mine Tie 3-3.

Good luck!! and thanks for the realistic outlook as usual doug.... :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Irrational Exuberance

Originally posted by inFINSible

This is what I get for trying to treat you with respect?

A few comments in answer to a reporters questions about an incident is hardly "talking sh*t"....Maybe I could have been clearer with my terminology......or maybe next time you can consider the sentence in context with the rest of the post.

Ok. If you say so. When comments going back and forth in the papers end up on both locker room walls, I think that's not particularly focused or businesslike, especially when the comments come from several players not directly involved from Miami. My take is the thing has been way overblown, mostly from the Miami side. Just MO. But maybe this is what Miami needs to get motivated- whatever works for you I guess.

Originally posted by LeftJerseyPhin
What was it like to always be the biggest kid...on the shortest bus? You're either a professional hypocrite or a complete moron. Yeesh.
:confused:

In defense of a JACKASS who spits in the face of other players and hides behind the refs... you are saying that the Dolphins are... "not particularly focused or businesslike."

Take a course in logic, get some perspective, and just get a clue.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by LeftJerseyPhin
In defense of a JACKASS who spits in the face of other players and hides behind the refs... you are saying that the Dolphins are... "not particularly focused or businesslike."

Take a course in logic, get some perspective, and just get a clue.:rolleyes:

Moulds says it was accidental. Maybe you were there and know better. In any case, the Dolphins are making a big deal out of it IMO. Maybe that works for them and maybe it doesn't. I'll check the scoreboard tomorrow and get back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Bills fans are thinking blowout and thinking it seriously (unlike the 427-3 post). I've been thinking Buffalo will win by a 10 point margin, which I don't call a blowout. It will be close enough that a couple big plays or critical mistakes could affect the outcome of the game.

I'll be glad when this week is over, so we can get back to talking football, when it comes to jills\fins, it's mostly smack and all sense leaves the board...great post Hal..I like a lot of other people here, hope this is a good game..each and every one of us want our respective teams to win..but it gets to the point where we can't have rational conversations anymore because we won't listen to each other..so I'll be glad to get to the next team..win or lose..

Originally posted by Halbert
All week long Buffalo area fans have been making public predictions of the score of Sunday night’s game. I'd say about half of them are predicting a Bills blowout - by at least two touchdowns. On bulletin boards and on the radio I’ve probably heard or seen 1,000 predictions and exactly two of them have predicted a Miami win.

I’m responsible for 50% of them.

The Bills look very good, almost impossibly strong, in shellacking their first two opponents.. Sure, we made major upgrades and it’s likely the team is for real. But this is the NFL after all where the difference in talent is less of a factor than the intensity of the players.

I remember a game in 1984 when the Cowboys came in town at 7-4 to face a 0-11 Bills team. It was my birfday and I had 5 of my drunken friends in the stands with me helping celebrate a game against my second most hated opponent. All week long all you heard from the Cowboys was complete disrespect for the Bills, how they were going to go up North to relax and take care of business before starting on a brutal 4-game stretch that included a streaking Miami team and two division opponents. The Bills took the dissing to heart and you could almost see the steam pouring out of their ear holes as they came onto the field. Those crappy Bills were launching their bodies around the field like SCUD missiles in an Arab turf war, winning their first game of the season 14-3. Frankly, the game wasn’t even that close.

Now take a Miami team that is on par talent wise and consider the reasons they might have to get especially worked up for this one:

- Embarrassed terribly in Week 1 - AT HOME, no less
- Beaten soundly by the Bills the last two games
- Understands the Week 1 debacle basically handed the Bills a full game in the standings
- Sees Mr. Franchise jump off the bandwagon on a national pre-game show
- Realizes a loss puts the Bills 2.5 games up with only 3 played
- A loss already makes the late December rematch at the Ralph a must-win
- Nationally televised home game against arch rival (ie. chance at redemption)

The Bills have shown they can generate intensity and should play tough but there’s simply no way they can match the desperation level of the Dolphins - who despite their season opener disaster are still a strong division contender. The Fish need the game a helluva lot more than the Bills, which usually is the difference in spots like this. You can be sure there were plenty of sleepy aqua eyes reviewing film at 11 PM this entire week. There won’t be an ounce of orange effort left by the time 11:30 rolls around Sunday night. Even the Creamsicle jerseys wouldn’t slow them down.

Can the Bills win this game? Of course. But in situations like this were you have two closely matched teams, I’ll always take the one who needs it more. That clearly is the Fish, which is why I see a Miami pulling out a hard fought victory, 24-20.

My GOD I hope I’m wrong, but just in case keep my seat warm because if I’m right I might suddenly find a steady diet of “unable to load page†at my favorite bulletin boards …

Nice Post...My take:

Fins 24
Bills 17

The Bills arent as good as they appear and we aren't as bad as we appear.

Re: Re: Irrational Exuberance

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Nice Post...My take:

Fins 24
Bills 17

The Bills arent as good as they appear and we aren't as bad as we appear.

I'd like to think it's all "smoke and mirrors" too Mike.. and the homer in me believes it 100%.... but I'd be lying if I said this game didn't scare the **** out of me....
I just hope we play to our potential... if we do that and still lose, then so be it... but I don't want to see another "Houston"... if we beat ourselves again.... I may start drinking again.

Re: Re: Re: Irrational Exuberance

Originally posted by WharfRat

I'd like to think it's all "smoke and mirrors" too Mike.. and the homer in me believes it 100%.... but I'd be lying if I said this game didn't scare the **** out of me....
I just hope we play to our potential... if we do that and still lose, then so be it... but I don't want to see another "Houston"... if we beat ourselves again.... I may start drinking again.

Hell if the bills lose, I may need to seek therapy. This game is bigger than the Pats game as far as I'm concerned.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Irrational Exuberance

Originally posted by justafan

Hell if the bills lose, I may need to seek therapy. This game is bigger than the Pats game as far as I'm concerned.

Personally... I think you need therapy anyway.... ;) :tongue: :lol:

Originally posted by finsrclowns

Moulds says it was accidental. Maybe you were there and know better. In any case, the Dolphins are making a big deal out of it IMO. Maybe that works for them and maybe it doesn't. I'll check the scoreboard tomorrow and get back to you.

Please!

All the Dolphins players did was answer questions by a beat writer who loves controversy.

And if you actually think these players are trying to make a big thing out of this to motivate them, I think you have never been involved in any type of competitive sport!

BTW......
Did you know that Moulds can't admit he did it?

Back
Top Bottom