Is AFC East a Three Team Race? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is AFC East a Three Team Race?

Man, the media is just aching to crown Rodgers and the Jests, but in doing so, they seem to have selective amnesia.

In Rodgers last full season as a starter, he failed to lead Green Bay to the playoffs. The following season, an inexperienced Jordan Love took a Green Bay team with largely the same roster- with the exception of Devante Adams not only to the playoffs, but led them to a huge blowout win on Dallas’ home field.

People acting like a healthy Rodgers immediately makes NY a contender are going to be in for a rude awakening and I can’t wait to see it. There’s just too many miles on that arm, he’s coming off a major injury and he’s currently at an age in which his skills are gonna keep deteriorating.

I’m licking my chops just waiting for the temper tantrums from media shills like Mike Greenburgh when this thing goes south yet again- and make no mistake, it will.
I am betting anyone who will take it a large black coffee he don't be making it outta camp in one piece - ya feel me?

Let the meltdown continue I say.

I am betting anyone who will take it a large black coffee he don't be making it outta camp in one piece - ya feel me?

Let the meltdown continue I say.
Oh yeah that’s gonna be a fun meltdown, especially with that head coach and offensive best friend coordinator

But rodgers says, “ you just have to trust me “

lol.

Oh yeah that’s gonna be a fun meltdown, especially with that head coach and offensive best friend coordinator

But rodgers says, “ you just have to trust me “

lol.
They have been particularly low key in the media till now after last year's debacle. Now they have prime time x 6 this year all riding on the Achilles of a 41 year old.

Talk about setting it up on a tee.

Man, the media is just aching to crown Rodgers and the Jests, but in doing so, they seem to have selective amnesia.

In Rodgers last full season as a starter, he failed to lead Green Bay to the playoffs. The following season, an inexperienced Jordan Love took a Green Bay team with largely the same roster- with the exception of Devante Adams not only to the playoffs, but led them to a huge blowout win on Dallas’ home field.

People acting like a healthy Rodgers immediately makes NY a contender are going to be in for a rude awakening and I can’t wait to see it. There’s just too many miles on that arm, he’s coming off a major injury and he’s currently at an age in which his skills are gonna keep deteriorating.

I’m licking my chops just waiting for the temper tantrums from media shills like Mike Greenburgh when this thing goes south yet again- and make no mistake, it will.

people think the jets defense is this insane great defense and its just not. that opening game vs Buffalo was more Allen losing his mind than literally anything the jets defense did. I swear Allen got a concussion that game, someone here probably has the video... same in KC when mahomes was throwing int after int... now sure, we gotta give the jets some credit, but if it was even close to representing reality, Miami and Buffalo wouldn't have completely blown the doors off their defense later on.

now to the offense. I see a washed up Rodgers based on his 22 play, and excellent rb in hall and wr in Wilson. after that , its major major concerns. who is the number 2 wr? Williams is 30 coming off an ACL. that's not a real addition of anything really. their oline is full of insanely old injury prone guys. their best lineman Vera tucker has had back to back season ending injuries including a severe Achilles tear that was the worst absolute version of that injury. I'm sorry I just don't see it. of course they'll be better with rodgers, but I could just as easily see them win 7-9 games and Miami/Buffalo having their way with that team

the jets have serious systemic issues going all the way up to ownership. I don't view them as a Superbowl contender

these are my legitimate afc Superbowl contenders in order

kc- in their own tier. trying to make history
cincy- can play with anyone, excellent defensive coordinator and excellent qb. can burrow stay healthy? Higgins situation?
miami- probably the most talented skill players in the NFL, really good cbs, solid ascending qb
buffalo- I hate Allen but if he's on any team, they're a legit threat. I see a younger, dangerous wildcard team.

could be contenders

houston- stroud was amazing but its year 2 and has to take another step. being overhyped a bit. easily could be a contender if stroud is the real deal
jaguars- lawrence has talent but something seems to be missing. its possible Lawrence is good and not great. ascending team? idk
chargers- I love herbert, a bit overhyped but intriguing team with a real coach. herbert has the talent

sorry I don't buy it

jets- do we really need to explain, qb is weird
baltimore- if the narrative is your qb needs to run more in year 7, I'm sorry but you have qb issues. still a tough team tho
pittsburgh- I think they'll be in the playoffs but I don't see anything past the wildcard. maybe they win a playoff game but idk. still a tough team
cleveland- Watson is weird and who knows what will happen. very strong defense, probably an annoying team possibly making the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom