IS anybody listening to the Ricky Williams show? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IS anybody listening to the Ricky Williams show?

Originally posted by dolfan87
Rik, with all due respect, it's neither to little nor to late.

This team still has the weapons to get somewhere if they get their act together.

I like the move, and I hope it works.

No, it is far too late. Dave has lost the team, that's evident by the way players are openly and publically criticizing the coaching. This outburst seems phoney in light of its timing and the way it is far out of character for Wanny.

We can't know if it was phony or not because we weren't there.

Originally posted by inFINSible

Really????

Holy sh*t. That means that if they don't respond this week then he's lost them for sure. This is so totally out of character for him that it's practically an ultimatum. Definately a last resort type tactic. This is big news IMO.
That point you made is exactly why coaches (Most of them) don't use the blow a gasket technique too often. If the players don't respond the implication is that you've lost them as a coach. If they respond your are a motivator. Problem is some players don't respond to anything.

In Shula they failed at the end to respond to a legend
In JJ they failed to respond out of fear for their jobs
In Wanny they failed to respond to a nice guy
Maybe it's the players inability to respond?

Last edited by a moderator:
i would imagine it was real. no one can care that much, stuff it and not blow up. it's just unfortunate that he has held on to it for too long and now with his job on the line the pressure is too much, he lets go. only time will tell how affective it is. my guess; not enough.

I wonder what Ricky meant when he said he ripped them for the way that they're handling things? The media outbursts? That 's the strange thing about this. He said they were NOT ripped for the way they played. I would think that should be the reason.

Originally posted by jasmine34
I wonder what Ricky meant when he said he ripped them for the way that they're handling things? The media outbursts? That 's the strange thing about this. He said they were NOT ripped for the way they played. I would think that should be the reason.

Maybe he has an expectation for them as a family (Team) to not backbite and Finger point in the media. Seems like thats what was going on. That can kill a team almost as fast as Taylor's lack of a pass rush can.

wanny "blew a gasket" when we got beat by the texans, remember? broke chairs, wayne had to call rooms to go to get new furniture and all. wanny needs that intensity during the game and needs to address the correct positions

Originally posted by dolphinsrok
wanny "blew a gasket" when we got beat by the texans, remember? broke chairs, wayne had to call rooms to go to get new furniture and all. wanny needs that intensity during the game and needs to address the correct positions

LOL....I didn't hear that.

"Maybe he has an expectation for them as a family (Team) to not backbite and Finger point in the media. Seems like thats what was going on. That can kill a team almost as fast as Taylor's lack of a pass rush can."

but isn't adressing this behavior a kin to putting a band aid on a gaping wound? agreed that this can and will tear this team apart, but it is bourne of frustration on the players part.
"

Originally posted by Muck
We can't know if it was phony or not because we weren't there.

It doesn't matter if it was or was not phoney, it's going to SEEM phoney because of the timing.

This is the deal...Wanny will be here for te rest of the season. It is up to the team to respond to this coach and move forward.

With 7 games left, a lot can happen. This fins team has been the opposite of all I have ever seen. Maybe this is the year they finish strong....

Again, trying to be optomistic. If the PAtsies with their crap can lead this division, we can rebound and make some noise.

Gator

PS...Lets take away McNair, Rolle, and Kerse from Tenn and see how they do against us at full strength at home.

I know we give the Pats' coach props, and say the players are crap, but has anyone ever thought that maybe the Pats' players ask more of themselves than our players do? I don't think it's all the coach. I believe it's a two way street there in New England.

Like I read earlier, we've had the The Dictator, in Johson who lead this team to it's darkest hour, and now we have The Good Guy, in Wanny who is down to his emergency generators trying to keep a light on this season. Neither have gotten these players to respond.

Who ever the next coach might be, I would hope that his first move is to open up every starting spot for competition. No free passes. Everybody starts even. May the best man win.

It will be intersting to see who loses their job.

Back
Top Bottom