is anyone else getting scared (rb position) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

is anyone else getting scared (rb position)

saulsbury34 said:
Hey I'm totally up for gettin a good arm and a Moss type guy in here. Last year I would rather watch our defense then our offense. We need some excitement in our offense. Would you rather see us run for 150 yards a game or would u like to see an 80 yard TD catch. Don't forget about CJ and McMichael too. You add Braylon Edwards and a good arm in there and we have excitement. Defense wins games (which we already have) and offense puts fans in the stands. So lets get some damn offense. Even with the best RB in the league we still didn't make the playoffs so let's not worry about friggin running backs.

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!

I couldn't agree more!

EDWARDS, EDWARDS, EDWARDS, EDWARDS, EDWARDS, EDWARDS!

new bob said:
recent superbowl champions
2005 - NE - dillon/brady.....both stars...
2004 - NE - tom brady/antowain smith......here it was that brady was an emerging star who knew how to control a game, not make mistakes, and had heart, defense was the key in thhis game along with tom bradys heart......
2003 - TB - brad johnson did enough to win a game and just didnt lose it....and they had a great back in mike alstott (FB but still a great back) and an ok , young back at the time in pittman...
2002 - ne - same as 2004
2001 - trent dilfer......(your gonna tell me this guys a star...:shakeno:) with a power running game of jamal lewis....
2000 - a young kurt warner, who back then did enough to win a game and was basically asked to not lose it, with marshall faulk back there to lead the team, also the wrs and the greatest shopw on turf, etc...

aside from the rams, the key thing linking those teams was the defense first, and then aside for the recent wins by newengland, the teams had a QB who could mage the team, get downfield when he had to, not do anything amazing....just march down the field when he had to, and was asked not to lose the game, and aside from the pats they all had workhorse runningbacks to take some of the load off the qbs shoulders....obviously you dont need a 1st overall or second overall pick to lead you to the super bowl.....you dont need a marino, or a peyton manning, or a big star (although it obviously helps)...al you need is a guy who can get the job done without screwing up, guys like dilfer, or johnson, or young emerging guys who became big later on, like a young brady or warner.....

you guy say the linehan makes average backs look great......they are still average......you need more than 4 average backs to help a team......dont you see that one workhorse star like a ronnie brown or a cedric benson can ease so mouch off the shoulders of an average qb.....it can help him soooo much and help him flourish as well.....i loved the expectations of linehan as our coordinator but i never knew it would mean having to have 3 subpar backs and a pothead in the backfield......drafting rodgers or smith with that mess would only stunt their growth......we have to get brown or benson.....

Wow, I haven't heard anyone describe any part of Tampa's running game as great. You're reaching with that one. Brad Johnson had a much better season than their running game. Also, Kurt Warner wasn't a caretaker QB. He put up incredible fantasy #s that year. For a while he was a threat to break Marino's yardage and TD records.

PHINATIC13 said:
I hear ya Bob, but I'm seeing alot of posters guessing we're going QB. I personally would feel better with a RB (Benson:D)but that's because I believe AJ can get the job done.
Ditto that is EXACTLY how I feel about the situation.

rafael said:
Wow, I haven't heard anyone describe any part of Tampa's running game as great. You're reaching with that one. Brad Johnson had a much better season than their running game. Also, Kurt Warner wasn't a caretaker QB. He put up incredible fantasy #s that year. For a while he was a threat to break Marino's yardage and TD records.

k, tampas running wasnt great, but alstott on the ground was beyond a workhorse. they had two more than capable backs, which is two more than we have on our roster right now (pittman was a good young kid at the time, then his numbers fell off last year and the year after their SB win.....) IMO their running game was better than their passing game.....

warners almost record year wasnt their super bowl year was it? i couldve sworn it was his second MVP year. well i ightve been wrong, but look at his weapons, including a great RB in faulk.

my point still stands that it is better to have a workhorse RB and an above average Qb like trent dilfer (great example in this situation) than it is to have a peyton manning back there (which i think is funny as hell if you think rodgers or smith will ever reach that, rodgers of course being the system QB and smith working really good in the shotgun and having a very considerable dropoff everywhere else). Putting smith or rodgers back there with 4 subpar RBs is far far worse than keeping feeley back there with a star.....just think about it.....

I think there are going to be alot of disappointed people if they see their favorite player drafted only to see him traded for more picks.

perezferia said:
Relax Kid! We signed Minor because he can fill so many roles on Special Teams. Don't forget, Armstrong is still the coach there. He's our backup EVERYTHING! Kick returner, punt returner, flyer, etc... Plus he's got good value and it's a one year deal. That way they don't have to sign a scat back later in the draft, the can concentrate on DT's and such.

Personally, I hope that MY read on SABAN is correct and that we're taking EDWARDS after trading down 2 spaces or so. We JUST don't have the tall, fast reciever needed to stretch defenses in Linehan's system. Chambers, Booker and company are ALL possesion receivers.

QB and RB can be addressed NEXT year once we've answered some questions about what it is EXACTLY that we have on our roster right now. Besides, there should be much better choices next year anyway. But EDWARDS helps us RIGHT NOW.

After the draft we may even make a trade for a RB (depending on where Travis Henry is with Buffalo) so sit tight. I'll be dissapointed if we don't take Edwards because Linehan's system will look a lot like the Vikings when Moss and they're number 2 receiver went out. Lousy.

Frerrotte and Feeley will get us through this year. Gordon, Morris, Minor and whatever rookie we get later in the draft will do us fine this year too. But EDWARDS would give us an EXPLOSIVE OFFENSE.

Imagine Booker and Edwards split wide with Chambers in his natural position, the slot. WHO WOULD STOP THAT? And don't forget McMichael barroling down the middle! With an improved O-Line and better QB play and STEADY RB play we could REALLY upgrade this team.

Think EDWARDS. EDWARDS, EDWARDS, EDWARDS, EDWARDS, EDWARDS!

Go Phins!

:D

I would rather see M.Williams split with Booker and then Chamber in the slot. Not sold on Edwards yet.

Kurt Warner did just enough to win and was asked just not lose? Um...65.1 Completion % 4353 yards passing 41 TD passes 109.2 QB Rating League and Superbowl MVP honours. So is that what a ball caretaker is supposed to do?

Check the facts before you post BS.

Mike Alstott great? You're kidding...right?

SleepWithDaFish said:
I think there are going to be alot of disappointed people if they see their favorite player drafted only to see him traded for more picks.

Oh gosh I couldn't imagine that, to get so excited when they got drafted and then like 5min later see them get traded...... HAHAHA that would def. suck!

Now back to the question at hand. I wouldn't get to concerned about us re-signing Minor as I think Linehan is trying to find which backs will fit his system best. By the time training camp comes around he will probably decided who won't work in his O and therefore they will be gone. No matter what we will not leave this draft without drafting a Back within the first 4 rounds.

Don't be scared...there is nothing to fear except fear itself. We will get a good back....Ronnie Brown or someone else. :)

new bob said:
k, tampas running wasnt great, but alstott on the ground was beyond a workhorse. they had two more than capable backs, which is two more than we have on our roster right now (pittman was a good young kid at the time, then his numbers fell off last year and the year after their SB win.....) IMO their running game was better than their passing game.....

warners almost record year wasnt their super bowl year was it? i couldve sworn it was his second MVP year. well i ightve been wrong, but look at his weapons, including a great RB in faulk.

my point still stands that it is better to have a workhorse RB and an above average Qb like trent dilfer (great example in this situation) than it is to have a peyton manning back there (which i think is funny as hell if you think rodgers or smith will ever reach that, rodgers of course being the system QB and smith working really good in the shotgun and having a very considerable dropoff everywhere else). Putting smith or rodgers back there with 4 subpar RBs is far far worse than keeping feeley back there with a star.....just think about it.....

i said that three times now.......:shakeno:......
i got the one really good year warner had wrong, i thought it was the year after......damn, one mistake and you gotta kill a guy....
i never said alstott was great, but he was very good, and as im about to say for the fourth time....

i never said alstott was great, but still pretty f'n good, better than the clusterf**k of a situation we have at rb right now.....

so how about you check your facts and see what people post before you start posting...

knight6jb said:
I would rather see M.Williams split with Booker and then Chamber in the slot. Not sold on Edwards yet.

Either way, Edwards or Williams, the point is a good one-Chambers in the slot-would also open up the running game-the whole point of a 3 receiver offense...

maybe there's some merit to the crazy pick a WR notion:confused:

new bob said:

i said that three times now.......:shakeno:......
i got the one really good year warner had wrong, i thought it was the year after......damn, one mistake and you gotta kill a guy....
i never said alstott was great, but he was very good, and as im about to say for the fourth time....

i never said alstott was great, but still pretty f'n good, better than the clusterf**k of a situation we have at rb right now.....

so how about you check your facts and see what people post before you start posting...

Pittman never had good numbers in Tampa or hell even since he came to the NFL. He has been a pretty good receiving back, but rushing he hasn't done anything, espically the year they went to the super bowl!

Back
Top Bottom