Is Building The Offensive Line The Biggest Priority? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Building The Offensive Line The Biggest Priority?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I know the defensive line needs a lot of work. Maybe more than the offensive line, but with a new quarterback coming in either in the 2019 or 2020 draft, is building the offensive line more of an immediate concern?

The last thing you want is for your potential franchise quarterback to come into a situation where the offensive line can't protect him. We've seen that with both Luck and Tannehill.

Currently, Miami has a budding star in Tunsil at left tackle. That's a great start. I also hope the the team extends James at right tackle. If Miami lets James go, then we are talking about maybe needing three starters there.

The defensive line is admittedly more of a mess. I don't expect the team to keep Quinn meaning there isn't a quality defensive end on the roster. The tackle tandem of Godchaux and Taylor is decent, but not special.

The expectations for a draft is finding two starters each year. Maybe the team can get a little lucky and find three. Where do you put the resources?

Just about every unit on this team needs to get much better but both lines need a lot of help.

Elite QB always #1.

It will be interesting to see how the Dolphins draft with Flores being a defensive guy. Obviously the Pats were able to do what they did to the Rams without a lot of big names on defense, but the urge for Flores to push Grier to draft defense early may be strong over spending picks on OL.

The better the offensive line does its just, the longer the offense stays on the field. The longer the offense stays on the field, the longer the defense’s flaws are hidden. It is not the ONLY recipe for success—personnel and scheme are also enormous factors—but the strength of the offensive line cannot be overlooked or underserved any longer.

To go along with this the staff basically has to decide how much some of the issues this year was talent and how much was scheme. I can tell you that Flores and his people felt that the OL lacked very basic fundamentals
Finally a coach that can see the main issues.

Finally a coach that can see the main issues.

Pulling from the Locked On Dolphin podcast but Travis said in one of his first interviews with Joe Schad he was told by the OL that the technique they were being taught changed week to week so there was never a consistent

You get QB that the NFL likes to protect, then you get offensive linemen that are good at hiding their holds, profit.

Back
Top Bottom