Is Channing Crowder a Rick Speilman prospect? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Channing Crowder a Rick Speilman prospect?

BlueFin said:
Yes InFinsible, and if you've listened to Nick Saban you've heard how well he knows these players.
That doesn't mean that Rick Speilman knew them any less.

tigerskin said:
Listening to him talk every week for 5 years. I know the type of players that he likes and Saban knows that his best skill is talent evaluation. He knows it his butt on the line and he trusts his talent evaluation over others'. He also has a little bit of an ego. All the good ones do. He knew these guys could play so why take a chance on more of an unknown. Those guys can play and were good picks for the spot they were taken at so it was a no-brainer for Saban. Saban doesn't take a big risk if it is not necessary. You may say that Crowder is a medical risk, but the medical team OK'd it.

They haven't learned that yet, some feel Rick Spielman is just a victim, both in Chicago and here....none of it was his fault.

It wasn't his fault he broadcast what we were after so that Philly could trade ahead of us to take Andrews in the last draft.

And it wasn't his fault Minnesota abused him like they did by suckering him out of a 4th rounder to move up one spot for a player they nor anybody else had any intention of drafting that would have lasted until the late first or early second if we hadn't drafted him. a PROBLEM ALSO CAUSED BY HIS STUPIDITY IN BROADCASTING WHO WE WANTED.

Nope Tigerskin, to some of these former devotees of Dave Wannstedt Rick Spielman is Nick Sabans....Scot Pioli......there going to find out real quick hes not.

inFINSible said:
That doesn't mean that Rick Speilman knew them any less.

Doesn't matter does it? Rick has been stripped of power, after his moronic year as a GM he isn't likely to get the keys anywhere else.

This is Nick Sabans ship, and all credit ultimately goes to him.

BlueFin said:
They haven't learned that yet, some feel Rick Spielman is just a victim, both in Chicago and here....none of it was his fault.

It wasn't his fault he broadcast what we were after so that Philly could trade ahead of us to take Andrews in the last draft.

And it wasn't his fault Minnesota abused him like they did by suckering him out of a 4th rounder to move up one spot for a player they nor anybody else had any intention of drafting that would have lasted until the late first or early second if we hadn't drafted him. a PROBLEM ALSO CAUSED BY HIS STUPIDITY IN BROADCASTING WHO WE WANTED.

Nope Tigerskin, to some of these former devotees of Dave Wannstedt Rick Spielman is Nick Sabans....Scot Pioli......there going to find out real quick hes not.

BlueFin said:
Doesn't matter does it? Rick has been stripped of power

Good answer.

BlueFin said:
Doesn't matter does it? Rick has been stripped of power, after his moronic year as a GM he isn't likely to get the keys anywhere else.

This is Nick Sabans ship, and all credit ultimately goes to him.

Then who ultimately gets all the blame when this was Dave Wannstedt's ship?

*sniff sniff* is that double standards I smell?

inFINSible said:
Then who ultimately gets all the blame when this was Dave Wannstedt's ship?

*sniff sniff* is that double standards I smell?

Four years of blame on Wannstedt, one year on Spielman....

BlueFin said:
Four years of blame on Wannstedt, one year on Spielman....
What about Chicago? That would be 9 years on Dave and 1 on Speilman.

One year under the most horrendous conditions that any Captain of the ship has ever had to endure in Miami.

Yeah, let's crucify him based on that. That's fair.

inFINSible said:
What about Chicago? That would be 9 years on Dave and 1 on Speilman.

One year under the most horrendous conditions that any Captain of the ship has ever had to endure in Miami.

Yeah, let's crucify him based on that. That's fair.

Last year was enough for me....................

BlueFin said:
Last year was enough for me....................

Since his moves as a GM mean nothing to his role now, what exactly about his talent evaluation skills, last year, makes you think he is worthless?

inFINSible said:
Since his moves as a GM mean nothing to his role now, what exactly about his talent evaluation skills, last year, makes you think he is worthless?

I think it would be his talent evaluation skills..............:lol:

inFINSible said:
What's the point?? :rolleyes2

Would you rather I start a..."Who's your Favorite Dolphin player"...thread?

Lets go ahead and get this one started. I jus LOVE AJ. My vote goes to him.

islandah said:
As entertaining as it's been, I think you actually completely missed the point of the thread, which was not "does Spielman deserve credit for the pick," but rather, "if he was given credit for the pick, would that change your opinion of it?" In other words, are you so knee-jerk biased against Spielman that his involvement in the pick would significantly alter your opinion of it? Your denial of his possible involvement tells me that 1.You think it's a good pick, and 2. You can't allow yourself to believe that Spielman had any significant involvement, due to you're subjective bias.

The quote that Saban picked the first four picks due to his personal involvement with little help from the scouts is naive, considering that Saban said from the beginning that he wanted a system in place to evaluate, grade and pick talent. Of course RS had a hand in it, as well as numerous other scouts, coaches, etc. And of course it was Saban's final call.

InFins just wanted to have an intelligent debate regarding your bias towards RS and when it became clear there was no further intelligent debate to be had, he lost interest. I think he started the thread to see who would take the bait - apparently he hooked a tuna.

HOLD THE PHONE!!! When has Infins EVER wanted or had a serious debate, J/K. In all seriousness I agree with everything you said. I have been for a year now trying to show everyone how they did the same thing when Jay was here. No matter how good he played or how bad the OL played he never got credit for the win but ALWAYS got credit for the loss. Now that AJ is here, I have been going overboard trying to do the same thing to him. What is so funny is the same people who used to blast Jay is usually in support of AJ. The same thing happens with Ric. If someone thinks he has something to do with a player then they don't like him as much.
That is just the price that is paid when fans start slamming their own team out of frustration. Other fans then start to overcompensate and it turns into this type of BS.

inFINSible said:
Great post up until that last line....I would never do anything like that....:whistle:

Why don't you guys get a room. :lol:

How about this,Saban gives RS credit for picking Crowder with our 3rd round pick and if he's a bust cause of his knees Spielman takes the fall. Nick comes out smelling like a rose.If Channing is successful than great RS just doing his job.The "possible" high risk with CC is more than Saban may have wanted to take at this time(1st draft and all)Nick could be covering all his bases. I know it's alittle out there, but you never know.:confused2

Back
Top Bottom