Is Cleveland A Possible Trade-back Partner For Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Cleveland A Possible Trade-back Partner For Miami?

However, a first round pick next year would be very valuable if we do need to trade up for our desired qb

Yes.. I alluded to that... was just bringing up the point.

For example....we had to give a first round the next year to get the 2nd rounder we used on Patrick Surtain.

It seems the simple way to get an addl R1 2020 is to straight up trade our 2019 R2.

But anything we do to forgo picks this year for 2020 seems misguided based on

the extensive needs we have in the present + this draft looks pretty rich through R3.

But what do I know...

If Lock and/or Jones are available, I think several teams could look to move up and jump Washington. The Chargers come to mind at #28 and perhaps the Raiders.

Teams like Washington, New York Giants, Oakland, Los Angeles Chargers, New England Patriots and the Cleveland Browns are teams I'm thinking may look to trade with Miami for pick #13? I could see Miami trading with the Chargers and then again with Cleveland gaining a good amount of draft capital in the 2nd, 3rd and beyond in 2019 as well as more picks in 2020?

I'd hate not to have a 1st round pick this year. like bignastyfish suggested, I'd rather trade our 2nd this year for a 1st next year. Actually, I'd be ok with trading down this year for an extra 2ns and then trading the extra 2nd for a 1st in 2020.

Yes.. I alluded to that... was just bringing up the point.

For example....we had to give a first round the next year to get the 2nd rounder we used on Patrick Surtain.
It seemed more like you were saying a 1st next year isn’t as valuable

Where do I sign?

I’d be targeting a trade down into the 20s first. Houston and Philly have multiple late 2nd rounders in the 50s. Eagles plan on being aggressive.

Cleveland can then move up using pick 48 and a 2020 1st. We would have to send back pick 116 to make this happen. And as a caveat, they have to take TJ McDonald or Reshad Jones in the deal.

Dolphins also have the ability to absorb another teams bad contract to facilitate draft trades.

Drop out of the first for 2,3 this year, 1, 2 next year?

If it's going big for a QB, I have to make that trade for next year.

It seems the simple way to get an addl R1 2020 is to straight up trade our 2019 R2.

But anything we do to forgo picks this year for 2020 seems misguided based on

the extensive needs we have in the present + this draft looks pretty rich through R3.

But what do I know...

Lol... it’s a viscous cycle!

Back
Top Bottom