Is Corey Linsley the big FA signing we need? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Corey Linsley the big FA signing we need?

Is Hunt a RT? My gut tells me he’s a guard and would perform better there. I’m no expert, but my belief that Hunt is a better guard than tackle is what leads me to believe we’re two pieces away (C + RT) from finishing the o-line, not one.

Not bad....But where I differ is Drafting Parsons. I think he’s going to slide due to concerns over his football intelligence and off the field issues.

He is also getting better and better every season. Best center on both run and pass protection.
This is true, just saying, I wouldn’t sign him to anything much more than like a 3 year deal, but I would be down- give us more time to find a young center to groom behind a damn good vet

Our defense looked TERRIBLE against Buffalo in the season finale. That's the game we should be evaluating ourselves on. NO PASS RUSH.
Rushing the passer without blitzing was something Miami couldnt do last year and if we dont improve it, significantly, we'll sink down to 500 or worse this year.

Our defense looked TERRIBLE against Buffalo in the season finale. That's the game we should be evaluating ourselves on. NO PASS RUSH.
Rushing the passer without blitzing was something Miami couldnt do last year and if we dont improve it, significantly, we'll sink down to 500 or worse this year.
I agree. unless our offense suddenly becomes a 30 point a game offense. Defense was all scheme last year. nobody was winning one on one except van ginkle sometimes. Too much blitzing and corners left on island. Def will regress unless certain upgrades for pass rush.

I agree. unless our offense suddenly becomes a 30 point a game offense. Defense was all scheme last year. nobody was winning one on one except van ginkle sometimes. Too much blitzing and corners left on island. Def will regress unless certain upgrades for pass rush.
I expect that they don't agree. This defense was specifically set up to be about blitzing and putting CBs on an island.

I said it earlier, I think this is setting up for an Aaron Jones signing.
I hope they're not creative cap space just to get a freaking RB in free agency. That'd be a waste imo. Yes Jones is a good RB but man, the O-line had the best LT and center in the NFL and a HOF QB teams had to account for so it made things easier for Jones but even if it's all Jones, it'd cost too much money while you can just draft a RB.

I hope they're not creative cap space just to get a freaking RB in free agency. That'd be a waste imo. Yes Jones is a good RB but man, the O-line had the best LT and center in the NFL and a HOF QB teams had to account for so it made things easier for Jones but even if it's all Jones, it'd cost too much money while you can just draft a RB.
My preference would be to sign Lindsley and draft Javonte Williams, but my gut says they are bringing in Jones.

My preference would be to sign Lindsley and draft Javonte Williams, but my gut says they are bringing in Jones.
That'd be my preference too and yes, I don't put anything pass this team like them wasting money on a free agent RB when we know that never works.

That'd be my preference too and yes, I don't put anything pass this team like them wasting money on a free agent RB when we know that never works.
Not sure why Miami sucks at drafting RBs when clearly we have the picks to grab one of the top ones. No to free agent RBs.

BTW it was pointed out on the "locked on Dolphins" podcast that Linsley doesn't fit the size parameters the team seems to have for their OL. He'd certainly be the lightest OL guy we have. Personally, I find size parameters for players to generally just be lazy and easy boxes for people to check rather than do actual evaluation. I believe it is far more important to work to find good players with the skill sets you want. But you certainly still see people focus on that.

Back
Top Bottom