Is David Boston a juicer? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is David Boston a juicer?

Seriously, what in the heck is up with that and how does Arizona let this freak of nature go??????????????

Originally posted by Expo88
Seriously, what in the heck is up with that and how does Arizona let this freak of nature go??????????????

Maybe his juice supplier moved out of AZ?

Why is it a foregone conclusion that Boston juices??? Believe it or not, it is possible to achieve that kind of body with the right combination of weight training, diet and dedication. Add to that, Boston's obviously superior genetics, and it is not inconceivable that he may be natural. Heck, in my first year of bodybuilding, I gained 30 lbs of lean mass (and yes, I am all natural).

Perhaps he does juice, but personally, I give him the benefit of the doubt. Heck, Ricky Williams is a genetic freak, but I don't see too many people accusing him of steroid use.

Shannon Sharpe has always been a TE. He was a TE in college, and he was drafted as one in the pros. The guy has always been built.

Here is a post that I wrote on orangemane:

At UCLA I took a physiological science class that was the science behind diet and exercise. This was a very tough class. It broke down what happens in the body when certain types of foods are eaten, and what happens when the body is exercised. It broke it down to the cell level. After taking this class, and reading other books and magazines, I'm telling you it's very possible. I'm not expert on the subject, but I know that eating a certain way, and exercising a certain way will change the body big time.

For a guy like Boston, who was at 210 lbs before he bulked up, to put on that much muscle, he'd have to eat a boatload of protein. At least 2 grams per body weight. He probably ate even more than that. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy threw down 500 grams of protein a day. Do you guys understand how much that is, or what that will do to the body? If he's lifting weights, that's going to make his muscles grow big time. He probably threw down a boatload of carbs as well. Also, like I said before, who knows when he started to bulk up. We all say the offseason. He may have started getting bigger before the season started. Even if he did wait until the offseason, that means he had a good 8 months to do this. 30 lbs in 12 weeks would be tough. But 30 lbs in 32 weeks is very possible.

There is no need to take roids to get big anymore because there is a much better understanding of the human body today than, lets say, 30 years ago. Athletes know how to eat and how to work out. Also there are natural supplements that greatly enhance their programs.

As for the Body For Life challenge, there were some pretty skinny guys that packed on a good amount of muscle in 12 weeks. I've gone through a transformation myself. Not one like Boston did, or like some of the guys that went through the challenge. I went from about 160 lbs at about 10% body fat to about 175 lbs at about 6% body fat in about a 12-week period. I could have done even better, but I couldn't afford all the extra food and supplements that others could. I would have liked to eat 400 grams of protein a day, but that's a whole lot of food. My budget didn't support that. But with what I could do, I put on a good amount of muscle in a short period of time.

Another example is Roy Jones Jr. when he was beefing up to make the jump to heavy weight. He went to a special trainer to get ready. His trainer said he put on a good 20 lbs of muscle in about 8 weeks.

It's very possible to pack on muscle if you understand what the human body can do. Understanding the science behind adding muscle is the key, not taking roids. Right now in bodybuilding there is a natural bodybuilders circuit that's really taking off. Those guys are huge, and they are clean.

Until Boston fails a drug test nobody can say he's on roids. Science backs him up.

Originally posted by Jason in LA
Shannon Sharpe has always been a TE. He was a TE in college, and he was drafted as one in the pros. The guy has always been built.

Here is a post that I wrote on orangemane:

At UCLA I took a physiological science class that was the science behind diet and exercise. This was a very tough class. It broke down what happens in the body when certain types of foods are eaten, and what happens when the body is exercised. It broke it down to the cell level. After taking this class, and reading other books and magazines, I'm telling you it's very possible. I'm not expert on the subject, but I know that eating a certain way, and exercising a certain way will change the body big time.

For a guy like Boston, who was at 210 lbs before he bulked up, to put on that much muscle, he'd have to eat a boatload of protein. At least 2 grams per body weight. He probably ate even more than that. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy threw down 500 grams of protein a day. Do you guys understand how much that is, or what that will do to the body? If he's lifting weights, that's going to make his muscles grow big time. He probably threw down a boatload of carbs as well. Also, like I said before, who knows when he started to bulk up. We all say the offseason. He may have started getting bigger before the season started. Even if he did wait until the offseason, that means he had a good 8 months to do this. 30 lbs in 12 weeks would be tough. But 30 lbs in 32 weeks is very possible.

There is no need to take roids to get big anymore because there is a much better understanding of the human body today than, lets say, 30 years ago. Athletes know how to eat and how to work out. Also there are natural supplements that greatly enhance their programs.

As for the Body For Life challenge, there were some pretty skinny guys that packed on a good amount of muscle in 12 weeks. I've gone through a transformation myself. Not one like Boston did, or like some of the guys that went through the challenge. I went from about 160 lbs at about 10% body fat to about 175 lbs at about 6% body fat in about a 12-week period. I could have done even better, but I couldn't afford all the extra food and supplements that others could. I would have liked to eat 400 grams of protein a day, but that's a whole lot of food. My budget didn't support that. But with what I could do, I put on a good amount of muscle in a short period of time.

Another example is Roy Jones Jr. when he was beefing up to make the jump to heavy weight. He went to a special trainer to get ready. His trainer said he put on a good 20 lbs of muscle in about 8 weeks.

It's very possible to pack on muscle if you understand what the human body can do. Understanding the science behind adding muscle is the key, not taking roids. Right now in bodybuilding there is a natural bodybuilders circuit that's really taking off. Those guys are huge, and they are clean.

Until Boston fails a drug test nobody can say he's on roids. Science backs him up.

BFL?? I'm in the midst of the fist 12 weeks (today's the conclusion of my 8th week) and I'm now down almost 20 pounds of fat and have gone from 21% body fat to around 14% and dropping. It's about the best fitness program ever developed period.

As far as Boston goes, he obviously has superior genetics but, I disagree that steroids are as un-prevalent as you seem to think. Sure you can achieve incredible results with some very rigid dieting, supplamentation, and exercise routines however, in order to add almost 40 pounds in musle mass 99% of us out there are going to need some serious (and illegal) help. Human bodies simply are not made to naturally look like any of those men's bodies you see on the covers of body building mags.

I'm not completely discounting what you're saying, I'm just saying that MOST people who are much larger than they should be are not that way by natural means.

Nice analysis Jason. Expo, I've gained 30 lbs of lean mass in one year, and don't class myself as particularly genetically gifted.

I guess that I just hear too many people dismissing dedicated athletes, and writing their success off thinking that it must be due to steroid use...meanwhile, they call to their partner to go to the fridge for more beer and chips because they are too lazy to move their considerably sized butt. I am sorry to rant, but I am a little sensitive to this issue, having been accused of steroid use myself. Jason's last paragraph says it all, until he is proved to have taken steroids then I for one will assume that he has just put in the hard work.

BTW, Jason and Expo, congrats on your progress, keep up the good work ;)

Originally posted by phinphan
Why is it a foregone conclusion that Boston juices??? Believe it or not, it is possible to achieve that kind of body with the right combination of weight training, diet and dedication. Add to that, Boston's obviously superior genetics, and it is not inconceivable that he may be natural. Heck, in my first year of bodybuilding, I gained 30 lbs of lean mass (and yes, I am all natural).

Perhaps he does juice, but personally, I give him the benefit of the doubt. Heck, Ricky Williams is a genetic freak, but I don't see too many people accusing him of steroid use.

Steroids alone dont make the muscles.. Steroids plus genetics make the muscles that these freaks have.

And you you didn't gain 30 lbs of lean mass in your first year of bodybuilding.. That statement may fly on a fan website, but anyone in the know will tell you that isn't true.

It is possible to gain 30 lbs in a year, but in no way is it all lean muscle mass. Even the pro bodybuilders don't put on 30 pounds of lean muscle mass in a year and this is with insane amounts of Anabolic and Androgenic steroids with Growth Hormone and Insulin.

Based on that statement, you must also think Barry Bonds put all that weight on in the offseason Naturally.. heheh

Like it or not, Steroids are a big part of professional sports.. in recent years they are using GH (growth hormone) and insulin to also put on muscle. It is more likely the pros would use GH than Anabolic Steroids due to the testing and getting caught juicing would be career suicide..

In NCAA football alone Steroids rule the ranks. There are ways to pass the tests and that extra 15 pounds may be what makes them the starter on the team.

Originally posted by FumanChu

Steroids alone dont make the muscles.. Steroids plus genetics make the muscles that these freaks have.

And you you didn't gain 30 lbs of lean mass in your first year of bodybuilding.. That statement may fly on a fan website, but anyone in the know will tell you that isn't true.

It is possible to gain 30 lbs in a year, but in no way is it all lean muscle mass. Even the pro bodybuilders don't put on 30 pounds of lean muscle mass in a year and this is with insane amounts of Anabolic and Androgenic steroids with Growth Hormone and Insulin.

Based on that statement, you must also think Barry Bonds put all that weight on in the offseason Naturally.. heheh

Like it or not, Steroids are a big part of professional sports.. in recent years they are using GH (growth hormone) and insulin to also put on muscle. It is more likely the pros would use GH than Anabolic Steroids due to the testing and getting caught juicing would be career suicide..

In NCAA football alone Steroids rule the ranks. There are ways to pass the tests and that extra 15 pounds may be what makes them the starter on the team.

However, it has been proven that one can gain 2 lbs of muscle per month on average, and in the initial stages of bodybuilding, gains can balloon to as much as 4-5lbs per month. After my cutting cycle, what I had been left with, was a 30 lb gain in weight, as my bodyfat % had been reduced by 1%, then that would indicate a 30 lb gain.

BTW, I am in the know. I spend much of my time focused on bodybuilding, and indeed learning about the science behind physiology, so whether you believe me or not, is of little interest to me. Science has proved those gains are possible, and infact even in ectomorphs, a realsitic expected gain can be 20lbs in one year. My argument stands, and science supports me.

Maybe I'm reading the posts incorrectly....but I just want to clarify that Boston didn't bulk up just this year/offseason. He's been doing it for a few years in the NFL. Last year he was 243. So it's much more plausible.

Still, the reason he might get more "steroid wind" than other ripped athletes is because he's been in trouble with drugs and the NFL the last few years. Cocaine being the most recent.

Originally posted by Muck
Maybe I'm reading the posts incorrectly....but I just want to clarify that Boston didn't bulk up just this year/offseason. He's been doing it for a few years in the NFL. Last year he was 243. So it's much more plausible.

Still, the reason he might get more "steroid wind" than other ripped athletes is because he's been in trouble with drugs and the NFL the last few years. Cocaine being the most recent.

Good points there Muck. I would also add that sometimes players weights are not listed accurately. Heck, some players even seem to shrink in height by an inch or two from year. As far as I can tell, Boston has always been pretty muscular, and as you say, it looks to have been a gradual process.

Boston also has the luxury of having his own chef to take care of his dieting and eating times and things like that... It is very possible that he's natural

Dare I say, he might compare to Ricky Williams? :eek: :eek: ;)

Back
Top Bottom