Is Fiedler that bad ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Fiedler that bad ?

finjim

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I've watched every game that Fiedler has started. And I'm sorry but I just don't see why so many people are down on him. He destroyed Dallas, who may have the best secondary in the NFL, and lit up the Jets at the end of the year. The O line has been horrible, I see Jay running for his life as soon as he takes the snap. He has a mediocre, at best, corp of WRs, Chambers and McMichael are the only ones worth anything. The running game took no pressure off him this year, and Griese breathing down his neck surely didn't help his confidence either. If Jay takes a paycut he is well worth starting behind a BETTER O line while we groom Rivers or Henson. Get a better, more cohesive line, a better #2 WR and keep Fiedler for the league minimum.

Just a cap friendly idea, don't kill me.

Please, tell me that your post was just a joke...and I won't kill you!!!

Go Fins!!!

It isnt that Fiedler is that Bad ... its just that he doesnt seem to be that good. He has been here 4 years ... and even when he had a better OLine and Ricky ran crazy last year he was still missing open recievers.

It isnt just this last year when the OLine was horrible that everyone is basing their decisions on him.

I think it is safe to say that the majority of people, even the Fiedler bashers, like his heart and his leadership abilities but watching him miss open recievers (whether or not they drop the ball when he manages to hit them) has soured a lot to the thought of him as the starting QB.

No, he's not that bad. It's just that he is not good enough to take us all the way. As a result, some fans assume that anybody who's name they heard of is better. Truth is many of the names floated around here are downgrades from JF, but fans are often emotional, not logical.

Originally posted by rafael
No, he's not that bad. It's just that he is not good enough to take us all the way. As a result, some fans assume that anybody who's name they heard of is better. Truth is many of the names floated around here are downgrades from JF, but fans are often emotional, not logical.

Rafael, thats a good way to point things out.

"Emotional not Logical."...

Are you related to Spock? :confused:

:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by finjim
I've watched every game that Fiedler has started. And I'm sorry but I just don't see why so many people are down on him. He destroyed Dallas, who may have the best secondary in the NFL, and lit up the Jets at the end of the year. The O line has been horrible, I see Jay running for his life as soon as he takes the snap. He has a mediocre, at best, corp of WRs, Chambers and McMichael are the only ones worth anything. The running game took no pressure off him this year, and Griese breathing down his neck surely didn't help his confidence either. If Jay takes a paycut he is well worth starting behind a BETTER O line while we groom Rivers or Henson. Get a better, more cohesive line, a better #2 WR and keep Fiedler for the league minimum.

Just a cap friendly idea, don't kill me.

:jawdrop:

yeah, he had a good game against Dallas but in his 4 yrs here, how many good games did he have?

Originally posted by Omaha_Dolfan
It isnt that Fiedler is that Bad ... its just that he doesnt seem to be that good. He has been here 4 years ... and even when he had a better OLine and Ricky ran crazy last year he was still missing open recievers.

It isnt just this last year when the OLine was horrible that everyone is basing their decisions on him.

I think it is safe to say that the majority of people, even the Fiedler bashers, like his heart and his leadership abilities but watching him miss open recievers (whether or not they drop the ball when he manages to hit them) has soured a lot to the thought of him as the starting QB.

bingo! :friday:

i would rather have us restructure BG to a lower salary & let him start over JF. still think you guys are too hard on BG. :helmet:

Jay has never ranked in the top ten in the league in his whole career. He twice as been below the top half out of four years.

He is inconsisitent, he is injury prone, and chokes in big games.

He will go down as the 2nd worst QB in Dolphin history behind mucus, I mena Lucas.

No defense fears him and everyone who plays us puts 8 and 9 in the box because they know Jay's panzy a$$ can't hit a passed out whore on free beer night.
Other than that he is okay...

**Edited by Staff for content**

I have the same attitude towards every player. If you can get an upgrade, at a price that makes sense with the constraints of the cap, you should do so.

That is just as true for Fiedler as it is for Ricky Williams.

Originally posted by Omaha_Dolfan
It isnt that Fiedler is that Bad ... its just that he doesnt seem to be that good.

I think that pretty much sums it up for me as well. I like the guy. I think he is a gritty guy that puts it all on the field. But, he's just not that good a player.

Originally posted by zachseau13
I have the same attitude towards every player. If you can get an upgrade, at a price that makes sense with the constraints of the cap, you should do so.

That is just as true for Fiedler as it is for Ricky Williams.

Zach...is that a young Johnny in your Avatar? If so keep him flying.

Back
Top Bottom