Is Fiedler that bad ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Fiedler that bad ?

Originally posted by finjim
1. He destroyed Dallas, who may have the best secondary in the NFL, and lit up the Jets at the end of the year.

2. He has a mediocre, at best, corp of WRs, Chambers and McMichael are the only ones worth anything.

3. The running game took no pressure off him this year
Just a cap friendly idea, don't kill me.

These were a couple of glaring points that I recognized and completely skipped reading the rest of the thread.

1. Dallas secondary one of the best? Their secondary sucked! Don't take my words for it. Look at my pictures :D Two games worth of Dallas crap coverage.
1927mcmichael.jpg

2.Mediocre? Chambers and Mcmichael-granted Mcmichael was lost to blocking schemes somewhat but there have been QB's who have done more with less.

3. I believe it's the exact opposite of what you said. The passing game takes no pressure off of the running game.

It should be over for Fiedler.

Here's what the Dolphins are shouting for everyone in the league to hear, Fiedler included: We don't care that our quarterback has won more games than any QB except Tom Brady the past few years. He isn't good enough, period. His record is a lie. We haven't won because of him. We've won in spite of him. And we're trying hard to replace him.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8005704.htm

These Damning comments should have led that link...:eek:

"exasperated offensive coordinator Norv Turner often left the coaching box for bathroom breaks during Dolphins games cursing about how much Fiedler's inaccuracy and decision-making was crippling his game plan.

Cris Carter, in his brief Dolphins tenure, was flabbergasted at how often the Miami offense didn't complete passes even in practice drills without a defense. Carter had never seen so many balls hit the ground in those kind of drills and wondered aloud how the offense that couldn't function against air was going to excel against Ray Lewis."

I don't know who authored that article but I think they answered the question in this thread title fairly well. :D

I've got a new sig........

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ZOD
I don't know who authored that article but I think they answered the question in this thread title fairly well. :D

It's written by Dan LeBastard.... Don't know why is not signed in the electronic version, but it is in the newspaper...

Originally posted by ZOD

Not really. The Dolphin's actions should be the same whether they think JF is bad or just not good enough. IMO JF is usually avg.,occasionally good and rarely very good. He simply isn't good enough. So, the answer to the thread "Is Fiedler that bad"? should be no.

Please someone tell me how many games Jay has won? Last time I looked 11 play on defense and 11 play on offense. And when I look at those 22 players and their contribution to our wins, it is not because of Jay. We win becuase we have a top five defense and a top five running game. Not because we have the 30th ranked passing game.

You people with your Jay wins game line don't know sqwat. We win inspite of Jay, not because of Jay.

He sucks. Always has, always will.

possibly, but I can think of a couple of games right off the top of my head that HE won DESPITE the rest of the team.

vs. Raiders when he scored the winning TD by himself.
vs. Redskins when he relieved a clueless Griese
vs. Dallas
vs. the Jets, twice

etc.

my point is he's not the worst QB in the league as you guys try to say.

Originally posted by finjim
possibly, but I can think of a couple of games right off the top of my head that HE won DESPITE the rest of the team.

vs. Raiders when he scored the winning TD by himself.
vs. Redskins when he relieved a clueless Griese
vs. Dallas
vs. the Jets, twice

etc.

my point is he's not the worst QB in the league as you guys try to say.

Fiedler is bad enough that his team just give up a potential 2nd round pick for another unproven QB.
They've been trying to replace him through FA for years unsuccessfully and they finally pulled the trigger.
His own coaching staff has no faith in him.

Dosen't that say it all?!?!?!

Now you guys that have been singing the Fiedler is an all pro being held back by the WR's, Lineman, fans that boo him, the wind blowing the wrong way, etc. can ground yourselves in a little reality.

Such a joke what some guys came up with on here!
My favorite was the "Jay Fiedler will be a hall of famer" thread! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
To be quite honest, I don't understand why people want Fiedler to start another year. One glaring weakness that Miami has always had while Fielder started was the passing game... and even with a top-notch wideout in Chambers, a solid slot receiver in Gadsden, and a solid TE in McMichael, he still couldn't get the job done. You guys constantly whine and moan about this team not making the Super Bowl with the kind of players we have... until Fiedler is replaced, Miami isn't going anywhere whether you like it or not. I'm not saying this out of blind hope, but from what I've already seen over the past FOUR years.

I hear a lot of complaints about how our O-line isn't good enough. We never had this complaint the first 2.5 years Fiedler started, and did we get anywhere then? Very few QBs in the last decade have lit the match when the team finally upgraded their O-line, and those QBs were probably younger than Fiedler in the first place. Incase anyone has forgotten, Fiedler is 32 years old. There is little to no room for improvement at that age and experience in the NFL, period. Fiedler's not going to miraculously change his play if our O-line all of a sudden becomes better.

You guys also need to quit marveling over Fiedler's great moments, like this year's Dallas blowout and the Redskins' comeback win. Those are 2 games in comparison to 32 games combined, a time period in which Miami saw no postseason action.

It's not that Jay Fiedler is not a bad quarterback. It's the basis that he is not good enough. With Miami's expectations, nobody can afford to let this guy go behind center for a Fifth year after 4 years of inconsistent offense. It's time to move on, grow with it.

The argument that A.J. Feeley is not experienced enough to take over Miami's starting job is completely invalid. Every QB in this league started with no experience in the first place. And over the last few years, many QBs had a lot of success at the starting job when nobody could have guessed it. Recent Super Bowl QBs such as Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, and Jake Delhomme are all guys that fall under this category.

Don't jump on my case if you think I'm saying Feeley will be great. All I am saying is to wait and see what happens before knocking the move. Be glad that we are getting a decent QB to have a chance at the starting role instead of going another round of Fiedler and having another inconsistent season.

Back
Top Bottom