Is Flores really immune to being fired after this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Flores really immune to being fired after this year?

Miami 13

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Okay why not a hot take now. Is Flores legit immune if we go 0-16 and have most weeks look like past two? This is historically bad. Not just Dolphins bad. We all knew the tank was on. But I didn’t think 40 plus losses were. Didn’t the 0-16 Browns not lose a game by 30 all year? I wonder what Marino is saying to Ross during these games up in the box.

I mean it could happen if every game ends up an embarrassment or he loses the entire lockeroom then yes.. The second part is the more concerning and its only the 2nd game of the season..

I haven't honestly even been able to watch a game, I live in Orlando and apparently they aren't going to show the embarrasing fins this season and i refuse to buy nfl gamepass to rewatch a 43-0 drubbing..

I wonder if Bellichick hates flores its odd not only to have Brady in the game with 3 minutes left up 37 but to throw the ball on top..

New England is such a scumbag organization, I hope Tom Brady tears his acl if they are gonna do this classless crap.. I'm not gonna lie if i was flores i'd have told one of my LB's to drill the **** out of brady's knee even if the ball is out.. I'd pay the fine for him as well. They want to be assholes we should return the favor

I mean I saw Lammons, Webster, a discarded offensive line and a lot of players who wouldn’t even be on rosters, let alone having significant minutes.

He is safe, but yea 40 point losses don’t look good.

He has gotta pull the plug on Fitz tho.

Nobody's immune, but it will take a lot, and that 'a lot' probably doesn't just include what happens on the field. No HC has been through this before, let alone a first time HC, so he has as much of a free pass as any HC ever has.

No one in football is immune to being fired. No one. It's entirely possible that Ross will fire everyone if this season continues to be this embarrassing.

Consider the following:

1. A bad enough season means reduced revenue as people stop buying gear and tickets. Weigh the value of the contract buyout vs the declining revenue.
2. We don't know the money value of Flores' contract. Five years? If he's the least-compensated coach in the league (he probably is), then that's not a huge deal.
3. If Ross cleans house after the season he can deflect accusations that the team was losing intentionally by saying "Uh, wow, I said we were going to rebuild, not be the worst team in League history!"

While I do not think that Flores will necessarily be fired for a 1-15 disaster season, if this team continues to lose in insane blowouts every week, a move may be unavoidable.

Disclaimer: I am personally rooting for a full housecleaning that starts with Grier.

Long haul... tanking takes time and guts.
The tank is in place so now time and guts to get through it. After that 3 year period then Flo is on the clock.

No, he is not immune. It is ridiculous to even contemplate it until he has a full season to coach up the players and the coaches.

Flores is 100% safe. Doesn’t matter if we lose 16 games by 40 points. The FO blew the roster up and filled it with no-talent scrubs. They can say whatever they want to the media, but it’s pretty clear that they are looking for player progression not wins this season. It’s kind of mind boggling that all the tank for Tua people thought this year was going to be a smooth and pretty process.

I will gladly sacrifice Flores if it means Grier goes too.

The 2020 Grier offseason is going to make the 2013 Jeff Ireland offseason look like a flesh wound.

He's probably going to get a pass. Ross kept Sparano, Philbin and Gase another year too and then fired them midseason and wasted a whole year. He's proven to be too patient. I'm fine with losing, but if we're losing by 40+ every game, I won't lose sleep if he's fired. In fact, I'd probably be happy with it.

Long haul... tanking takes time and guts.
The tank is in place so now time and guts to get through it. After that 3 year period then Flo is on the clock.

And are any decent to good players to hang around or be willing to play here while we "get through it" and they lose 3 prime years of possibly playing (and screwing with their value) on a contender (or at least not an abortion of a team like the Dolphins)? Those players have every right to say "Fu*k that....trade me and play with scrubs".

Back
Top Bottom