Is Geno better than Ryan.......... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Geno better than Ryan..........

what he throw for in that game 200 yards??? he was solid that day but other than two backside sacks late by a washed up osi and folks osi as a win pass rusher minus schematics is washed up he had a clean pocket all game long...the read op gives you in breaking routes with one on one looks all over the place...you surprised atlanta with it and your oc had a very good schematic gameplan...

as for tannehill not ever playing better tanny showed more in that zona game last year against blitz pressure and heavy pressure at that than smith ever has...and tanny also was one of the league leaders in under pressure efficiency as a rookie...

not to mention he's top level as a 3rd down conversion qb in 2013 with zero running game and a gaping wound oline...top level red zone td efficiency without many win red zone options and lacking a wr that he can even throw a fade to when he gets down there

this year tannehills played 4 at worst very solid games...been a victim of poor oline play and dropped balls...lead gameclinching td drives vs cleveland and gamewinning td drives against indy and the falcons...

yes the pocket management needs to get better mainly climbing the pocket but if he had as clean looks as geno did vs atl tannehill would have shredded em...

you would think better of him if he threw for 400 and threw 2 key INTs like Ryan at Arizona last year?

One of those sacks looked like his fault, the other Brick made the mistake- it appeared.

He threw away that Arizona game and your WR had a million yds after the catch on some busted coverages.

Miller is averaging 4.2 YPC, Powell 4.1. where is this great run game that we have?

I am not debating who is better right now, Ryan is better and should be w/ a years experience and vastly superior weapons. Geno's Atl game was better than any game Ryan has played and it's not really close.

Geno Smith is not close to Ryan Tannehill. His accuracy is worse than Sanchez'. A more equal comparison at this point is Smith and Manual.

Clearly you haven't watched him.

Smith and manuel are a good comparison, both rookies showing they have the ability to play in this league but both still have a lot to prove.

Geno Smith is not close to Ryan Tannehill. His accuracy is worse than Sanchez'. A more equal comparison at this point is Smith and Manual.

i haven't seen enough of manuel yet to make any real read but what i have seen other than he spreads the ball around pretty well to his receivers i haven't been very impressed...offense is painfully conservative too...

you would think better of him if he threw for 400 and threw 2 key INTs like Ryan at Arizona last year?

One of those sacks looked like his fault, the other Brick made the mistake- it appeared.

He threw away that Arizona game and your WR had a million yds after the catch on some busted coverages.

Miller is averaging 4.2 YPC, Powell 4.1. where is this great run game that we have?

I am not debating who is better right now, Ryan is better and should be w/ a years experience and vastly superior weapons. Geno's Atl game was better than any game Ryan has played and it's not really close.

Smith and manuel are a good comparison, both rookies showing they have the ability to play in this league but both still have a lot to prove.

one of tannehills picks in that zona game was cause of contact on his throwing motion by a blown blitz pickup by a rb...

let's just be real here though...tannehills picks are never throwing the ball into coverage or awful decisions...they are tipped balls at the los or contact during his throwing motion...rarely if ever a true poor decision

his fumbles aren't anything as god awful as smiths are either...

looking forward to unloading those blitz packages on geno in the near future...

one of tannehills picks in that zona game was cause of contact on his throwing motion by a blown blitz pickup by a rb...

let's just be real here though...tannehills picks are never throwing the ball into coverage or awful decisions...they are tipped balls at the los or contact during his throwing motion...rarely if ever a true poor decision

his fumbles aren't anything as god awful as smiths are either...

looking forward to unloading those blitz packages on geno in the near future...

Geno threw an INt as he got hit Sunday too, they don't count? Ryan locked on his receiver and didn't feel the pressure.

INts are INTs, yes Geno's have been mostly from poor decision making but Ryan seems to turn it over in bad spots whether tipped, hit or whatever reason.

His fumble in that Ari game was pretty bad too.

I'm looking forward to unleashing our DL on that Miami OL and pressure Ryan into some bad passes.

Right now Ryan is w/o question the better QB but will Ryan become a top 10 type starter? will Geno? will Manuel be better than both of them? TBD in the coming years but it would be nice if all 3 panned out and NE was at the bottom when Brady leaves.

I have watched quite a bit of him. He has some really good throws and good games then follows it up with bad games and horrible accuracy. He threw a horrible ball into triple coverage that was an easy int against the Steelers. A week earlier he cones up big against Atl.

Tannehill has clearly elevated his game this year and I'm very comfortable in saying he is indeed going to be very good. Geno has flashed but is inconsistent. To soon to tell on Geno but at this point, I think he is no better than Sanchez. But to be fair, he should get at least another season as the starter for the Jets.

I have watched quite a bit of him. He has some really good throws and good games then follows it up with bad games and horrible accuracy. He threw a horrible ball into triple coverage that was an easy int against the Steelers. A week earlier he cones up big against Atl.

Tannehill has clearly elevated his game this year and I'm very comfortable in saying he is indeed going to be very good. Geno has flashed but is inconsistent. To soon to tell on Geno but at this point, I think he is no better than Sanchez. But to be fair, he should get at least another season as the starter for the Jets.

That Pitt INt wasn't an accuracy issue, it was a decision making issue. The ball should never have been thrown.

He's not better than Mark, he's better than Mark 2012 but Mark 2012 was horrible thanks to the lack of healthy talent around him. mark pre 2012 was much better than Ryan or Geno. I hope we can win big w/ Geno as we did w/ Mark.

you should be mark sanchez agent...you'd have to be making money off of him to keep the faith...

That Pitt INt wasn't an accuracy issue, it was a decision making issue. The ball should never have been thrown.

He's not better than Mark, he's better than Mark 2012 but Mark 2012 was horrible thanks to the lack of healthy talent around him. mark pre 2012 was much better than Ryan or Geno. I hope we can win big w/ Geno as we did w/ Mark.
It sailed over the WRs head right into the deep safties arms. He wasn't close with that pass.

A lack of healthy talent was not what did Sanchez in. Horrible ball security to go along with a loss of confidence led to his downfall. No doubt he had minimal talent but you can argue that Geno doesn't have much more.

mark sanchez did himself in...the excuses got to stop...it all went belly up starting in year 3 when they made him the focal point of the o...has never improved just regression...scattershot accuracy and to this day still cannot id/account for a free blitzer to save his life...

an easy target for dcs to expose with slot and safety blitzes etc...just awful at recognition and accounting for blitzes even ones that there's no attempt to disguise

it's over junc...

mark sanchez did himself in...the excuses got to stop...it all went belly up starting in year 3 when they made him the focal point of the o...has never improved just regression...scattershot accuracy and to this day still cannot id/account for a free blitzer to save his life...

an easy target for dcs to expose with slot and safety blitzes etc...

it's over junc...the guys done

he had no help, the talent around him regressed to the point where Chaz Schilens was starting. Look at what Eli is doing w/ 2 PB caliber WRs and one really good 3rd WR.

He wasn't made the focal point of the O in 2011, we couldn't run the ball and would fall behind early forcing us to pass. We got back in games and our D would fold late.

I know it's over but I still appreciate what he did for us and think he got a raw deal here.

he had no help, the talent around him regressed to the point where Chaz Schilens was starting. Look at what Eli is doing w/ 2 PB caliber WRs and one really good 3rd WR.

He wasn't made the focal point of the O in 2011, we couldn't run the ball and would fall behind early forcing us to pass. We got back in games and our D would fold late.

I know it's over but I still appreciate what he did for us and think he got a raw deal here.

you could hide his weaknesses when you had a strong running game and he could work off pa and a short field from your stout defense...but the more you put on his plate the more the sores showed...

anyways i'm done with it...the guys real close to being out of the league...

Geno's interceptions vs Pitt were both awful decisions. Head scratchers. The first one, one of the dumbest throws I've ever seen in my life, and his excuse that he was 'trying to throw it away' is just comical.

The second one, yes he got hit as he threw it, but here's the thing, he was throwing it into triple coverage again.

i didn't see the pitt game...but i can imagine what the mistakes were like...

if you find evidence of tannehill ever throwing a ball into triple coverage let me know...cause i haven't seen it yet in 21 starts...

i didn't see the pitt game...but i can imagine what the mistakes were like...

if you find evidence of tannehill ever throwing a ball into triple coverage let me know...cause i haven't seen it yet in 21 starts...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013101306/2013/REG6/steelers@jets#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Just look at the first pick (the Ryan Clark interception) -- it's such an insanely awful decision and throw. You watch that throw and tell me you believe him for a second that he was trying to throw it away. :lol:

The second one, count the white jerseys there to make a play on that ball. Awful decision regardless of whether or not he got hit as he threw.

you could hide his weaknesses when you had a strong running game and he could work off pa and a short field from your stout defense...but the more you put on his plate the more the sores showed...

anyways i'm done with it...the guys real close to being out of the league...

when he had weapons he was good, as the weapons left he struggled. Outside of Tom Brady who else could win w/ the Chaz Schilens/Clyde Gates' of the world?

Geno's interceptions vs Pitt were both awful decisions. Head scratchers. The first one, one of the dumbest throws I've ever seen in my life, and his excuse that he was 'trying to throw it away' is just comical.

The second one, yes he got hit as he threw it, but here's the thing, he was throwing it into triple coverage again.

I hear you, I don't disagree. My disagreement w/ you was over accuracy as he has been pretty accurate but Sunday wasn't a great example of that.

Back
Top Bottom