Is it different this time? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it different this time?

They've been saying it the last few years too.

We will to see later in the season. But right now it seems that it's different ...

The big difference is give and take. In the past everyone wanted to give blame and now they want to take responsibility.

inFins, two things ...

First, I think the Fins' early struggles are keeping them away from the complacency that ha sbeen the hallmark of years past. So I think it will be a little different this year.

Second, good to see the babe back on the signature! :up:

Miami should hope to have a "fun" game for once.

I don't know, but I'd like to see the entire team get on a roll in this game... total blowout. I'd love for them to have a game where they were allowed to have some fun after jumping to a big lead.

When was the last time we had a game like that? Chicago, last year? Or Indianapolis at home a few years back (Sunday night game, I think.)???

In any event, I'm looking forward to it! Also, it'll be great seeing Jr. back on the field.

Everybody have a GREAT WEEKEND!

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
inFins, two things ...

First, I think the Fins' early struggles are keeping them away from the complacency that ha sbeen the hallmark of years past. So I think it will be a little different this year.

Second, good to see the babe back on the signature! :up:

I totally agree....good to have her back.

Yeah, I agree with that other drivel you said too. ;)

81....I hope to see that kind of game this weekend but, I have a bad feeling about this one. :(

Sorry....try and have a good weekend anyway. :D

Re: Miami should hope to have a "fun" game for once.

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
I don't know, but I'd like to see the entire team get on a roll in this game... total blowout. I'd love for them to have a game where they were allowed to have some fun after jumping to a big lead.

When was the last time we had a game like that? Chicago, last year? Or Indianapolis at home a few years back (Sunday night game, I think.)???

In any event, I'm looking forward to it! Also, it'll be great seeing Jr. back on the field.

Detroit last year wasn't pretty bad either...

Re: Miami should hope to have a "fun" game for once.

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

Bears MNF last year comes to mind. that might be next week.

Originally posted by inFINSible

I totally agree....good to have her back.

Yeah, I agree with that other drivel you said too. ;)

81....I hope to see that kind of game this weekend but, I have a bad feeling about this one. :(

Sorry....try and have a good weekend anyway. :D

i dont know how you could have a bad feeling about this one for these reasons:

1) tom brady is playing hurt (shoulder) and he is extremely worried.
2) Belechick doesnt have a clue how to beat us at home especially when we play a different brand of ball than other teams.
3) list of hurt players will be worse after they get some baseball diamond in the face.
4) the heat will effect them. trust me. it is 50 degrees up here with a wind chill of about 35-40. if it is humid, i see the defense giving brady fits and the WR's are banged up and besides, we own them.
5) NE Oline cannot stop JT and co. from teeing off. NE will not be able to pass on us. they will try to run. that plays right into our hands.

Originally posted by finfan54

i dont know how you could have a bad feeling about this one for these reasons:

1) tom brady is playing hurt (shoulder) and he is extremely worried.
2) Belechick doesnt have a clue how to beat us at home especially when we play a different brand of ball than other teams.
3) list of hurt players will be worse after they get some baseball diamond in the face.
4) the heat will effect them. trust me. it is 50 degrees up here with a wind chill of about 35-40. if it is humid, i see the defense giving brady fits and the WR's are banged up and besides, we own them.
5) NE Oline cannot stop JT and co. from teeing off. NE will not be able to pass on us. they will try to run. that plays right into our hands.

I agree that by all accounts we should beat up on the Pats... but man... like inFINS, I gotta bad feeling in my gut as well... same one I had before the Denver game last year (and while we won that game, we can all agree that it probably cost us the season)

With each win we become more the favorite to win the next game this does not bode well for us, plus Prisco picks us to win.I know these are
superstitions and really have nothing to do with reality, but somehow the fins need to improve over years past and I hope it's our year. Evey week that passes I become more and more worried about the outcome of a game this week is no different. I would feel much better if Jay were throwing for 225 yrds a game and Ricky was running wild, but they are not and that makes it tough to belive in this team.

Originally posted by Barbarian

I agree that by all accounts we should beat up on the Pats... but man... like inFINS, I gotta bad feeling in my gut as well... same one I had before the Denver game last year (and while we won that game, we can all agree that it probably cost us the season)

yeah...what he said.:D

uh... hate to day it, but...

Originally posted by inFINSible

yeah...what he said.:D

DITTO.

Man, what's up with all of us. But, yes, I've got the "jitters" over this one, too. Can't explain why either because on paper, at least, this should definitely be a big W.

I will say this. If the 'Phins should lose this game it will be because THEY lost it... and not because they got beat. I simply don't see NE's players being capable of beating Miami's. We simply have more talent. Plus, we're playing at home... in the heat... with less injuries... etc.

Damn, if only our offense was playing better I'd have no worries. But, then again, maybe that's all the more reason why this team IS different... they're not over-confident... they're still striving. Makes me think of that CAKE song... "Goind the Distance" or something... "he's going distance... he's going for speed..."

Another point about how this team is different... Royals sucked... and he's gone... McDermontt (or whatever his name is) wasn't cutting it... and HE'S gone... which tells me that Wanny ain't taking no sh** from his players this year... and THAT is definitely different.

Also, good to see Greenwood coming along so well. That's different, too.

Veteran depth on D is also different. It showed against Jacksonville.

Mmmmm... ok, that it! :D

Good post Infins. I'm convinced this team is different cause we have won our away games-twice in N.Y. But, I still want to see the voodoo crap about Dec. disappear by winning those games too. That would make my Xmas and B-Day more enjoyable than it will be.

Ever since the Houston game, I have the jitters before every game. This week is no different than any other week.

That being said, I really do think Miami will win the game.

Back
Top Bottom