Is It Just Me Or Are The Beat Writers Being A Little To Dramatic About The Preseason?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is It Just Me Or Are The Beat Writers Being A Little To Dramatic About The Preseason??

Negative news sells. I’m not concerned with the preseason at all. Of course we have some holes just like every team does.

This is what I mean & Gase sums it up which is so true that Barry Jackson tweeted:

2h

Gase expects Stills and Lippett back to practice this week... From glass half full perspective, Gase said team not showing opponents (and rest of league) what it plans to do in red zone, and to an extent, on third downs.

Writers get paid by clicks and subscriptions. If people don't click or subscribe, their jobs are in danger. So, they're always looking for sensational stories. New QB!!!!!!! That's all they talk about before every draft, because it gets the casual fan's attention. We true fans will read just about anything Dolphins-related, so they're aiming for the casual fan.

So, in an offseason where nobody's job is in jeopardy, no major injuries (knocking on wood!), no new QB, no flashy free agent (although Robert Quinn is looking pretty spiffy!), and nothing too great or too terrible to write about … they're just making up catastrophe where there is none.

I don't blame them … they need to do some of this to keep their bosses happy. But I tend to reward those true reporters who give us details and report the sport objectively.

When was the last time our pre-season issues did not carry over to regular season?

I don't care about the preseason, we have looked great and come out flat before; I'll judge this team when the games count.

You read the articles written by Omar, Beasley, Armando and others & all they are writing about is how bad our LB’s, 2nd CB, DT’s, TE & back up QB are. Last week they were praising Baker & Fales for their performances now they are ripping them.

Don’t get me wrong I want to see the team play well but it’s a very vanilla offense & defense being called & a number of players aren’t even playing. Plus this is a great opportunity for young guys like Baker, McMillian, Minkah, & Gesicki to LEARN so they avoid the mistakes in the regular season. Maybe it’s my aqua colored glasses but I am just not that worried about it, love having RT17 back and what seems to be an improved OL & if Quinn & Wake can keep up that attack I think we will be ok.

Yes, and so are the fans! But they’re not all wrong. A little over the top as they’re not 3-13 bad, but this team is very mediocre. Elite talent is gone or very young. Need another year on this plan to be playoff bound. Another after that to fill the holes that will be left by guys getting old.

That's just the way the news and media is today. Hardly ever good news when you watch it. Hell even the weather doesn't get much air time unless there is crappy weather on the way. I guess that's what draws in more viewers/clicks, wow them with pandemonium and fear.

Come on the writers are like us, they see the steaming pile we put out on the field each and every year. How about our prime time performances?

We have a nice guy slightly above avg qb that can't go for the throat when it counts and an offense that is aftaid to take chances. Like Big Ben throws down the field. Try to convert those **** load of 3rd and longs once in a while or maybe take a big ahot on 2nd and short, become less predictable.

We get laughed at and disrespected because we are funny and have shown no nuts to make changes where they need to be made. How long has our oline been a joke? Lbers? TE? Paying shitty players boatloads of cash etc.

I get the lack of respect, it has to be earned and since Shula it really hasn't been there. Maybe we'll turn the corner one day but this coaching staff has a long way to go or should i dare say the next crew when we clean house.

Last time I can remember we had a decent season was 2016. 10-6, we went 2-2 in preseason. Otherwise every other season has been lack luster.

Same issues in preseason carried over to regular season. O-line was one I remember for quite a few years.

Going by the majority of this forum, the writers are just giving the fans what they want.

Come on the writers are like us, they see the steaming pile we put out on the field each and every year. How about our prime time performances?

Us? You do realize your doom and gloom view is not the majority.....right?

That post is exactly why the media does what they do. They go after the most dramatic intentions in people bc that's what will get attention. The evidence of it's success is displayed on Finheaven day in and day out. Someone please list for me how many times in the last 15 years a team's preseason success has been a precursor to their regular season outcome.......any team. How common is it?

Last year in the 3rd preseason game (which everyone clamors is the one that matters) we went toe to toe with the SB champs.....so we must have been pretty much as good as them last year......

We have a lot of new pieces and knowing that we are going to start with a little learning curve will help you not expect a top 5 team right out of the gate.

Ok, my gloom is about the reg season for the past decade plus, excuse me for wanting a successful product on the field for once in a loong time.

If we were the least bit winners at all i could shrug off the pre season woes but no matter what we pretty much shoot ourselves in the foot in the reg season.i don't care about pre season wins but something needs to be worked on to compete with the rest of the nfl qhe2n it counts. Maybe start with getting control of stupid penalties instead of hiding all of our money plays. Thats for Gase.

That's just the way the news is these days. The negative story always leads. This player get's a DUI or picked up for pot etc., then way down the page as you scroll comes actual football news. Rodgers throws for 3 TD's as Green Bay defeats whoever. If you ask me it's backwards.

I was thinking the exact same thing this year that the tone seems to be extra negative. Not the expectations prior to the season but in their assessments of the preseason games so far. I have been pleasantly surprised with the way we have moved the ball, Ryan looks sharp, Wilson looks good and we have had success running the ball. Penalties/3rd down conversions and red zone are issues on offense but I think penalties are really the root cause.

Back
Top Bottom