Is it just me??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it just me???

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Or is anyone else getting a little sick of the same old story with the Dolphins?? Am I the only lifetime fan that has found myself cheering the loudest this year when I watch other teams with superior players??

I mean, I lived and died by the Phins for so long, but the most excited I got this entire season was watching Peyton pick apart Denver and Martz staring in to space after getting hosed at home..

What I'm getting at is that I really love to watch football, but I'm getting to the point where I prefer to watch GOOD football instead of letting myself down year after year with the Fins..

Anyone get what I'm saying?? LOL

:goof:

Originally posted by Bumrush
I mean, I lived and died by the Phins for so long, but the most excited I got this entire season was watching Peyton pick apart Denver and Martz staring in to space after getting hosed at home..

You are not alone.

wavetowel2-1.gif

the biggest 2 disappointments IMO in 2003 that bother me is
1) all the excitement of the way Ricky ended 2002 was lost watching his struggle to get any running room
2) the highlight of the year was Griese's play ag SD only in the sense that I thought we have found our starting QB for the next few years; only to find out that that was a sham since it was just that SD was sooooo bad

I definitely my enthusiam, if not my dedication, waning as the year went on and we lost every critical game

Originally posted by dolphan39
the biggest 2 disappointments IMO in 2003 that bother me is
1) all the excitement of the way Ricky ended 2002 was lost watching his struggle to get any running room
2) the highlight of the year was Griese's play ag SD only in the sense that I thought we have found our starting QB for the next few years; only to find out that that was a sham since it was just that SD was sooooo bad

I definitely my enthusiam, if not my dedication, waning as the year went on and we lost every critical game

I have to respectfully disagree about the highlight of the year being the San Diego game. The Dallas game, and or the 4th quarter of the Washington game are the higlights of my season.

That Turkey Day game was excellent...and my highlight of this season also!!!

Yes, thanksgiving day game was the highlight....every other games was the low light....sick of the same crap as well....i really don't think it will ever end until we cut the cancer off this team, i.e. - fiedler, griese, wanny!

Originally posted by Bumrush
Or is anyone else getting a little sick of the same old story with the Dolphins?? Am I the only lifetime fan that has found myself cheering the loudest this year when I watch other teams with superior players??

What I'm getting at is that I really love to watch football, but I'm getting to the point where I prefer to watch GOOD football instead of letting myself down year after year with the Fins..

Anyone get what I'm saying?? LOL

:goof:

Well...Let me say this about that. I was a Jr. in high school when the Phins came into existence. The first four years were tough but promising. The Shula era began in 1970 and since then I've seen some VERY good times but NEVER bad times. I think "spoiled" may be the word for a lot of fans but "thankful" comes to mind for me. I'm ready for another serious run in the playoffs but no I'm not discusted. Frustrated... Yes. You need to consider what this organization has been up against year in and year out with the cap situation, free agency and position of draft. Yet...they still manage to put a quality competitive product on the field. That's what keeps me a Dolphan! We always have a chance.

You know...I always felt that with Dan Marino we always had a chance...but look how that turned out.

Now I'm thinking with this D and RW running the ball...its finally time to kiss that Superbowl trophy...next season will be RW's 3rd as a Fins and this D has a lot of solid veterans...if its meant to be...its got to be soon!!!

And you are correct in saying that...it has been frustrating...excellent way to describe the majority of us FinFans!!!

Go Fins!!!

Look at it this way. The Phins are consistently above average, but RARELY great. I have come to expect mediocrity, and hope for something more. This year was especially disappointing with the talent here, but it was S.O.P. No surpises.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
You know...I always felt that with Dan Marino we always had a chance...but look how that turned out.

Now I'm thinking with this D and RW running the ball...its finally time to kiss that Superbowl trophy...next season will be RW's 3rd as a Fins and this D has a lot of solid veterans...if its meant to be...its got to be soon!!!

And you are correct in saying that...it has been frustrating...excellent way to describe the majority of us FinFans!!!

Go Fins!!!

:lol: I feel your pain Sal!

I get just as mad as anyone else when things don't go well for us. I've come close to throwing a pair of Tony Lama's through a $3000 tv, but I've let wisdom prevail.

Wanna talk about frustration? Consider what a Bills fan goes through year in and year out.

After those thoughts... it's great to be a Dolphan isn't it?

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano

Go Fins!!!

Red Sox fans have been saying the same thing since....

:rofl: :bravo:

Originally posted by 1972
Look at it this way. The Phins are consistently above average, but RARELY great. I have come to expect mediocrity, and hope for something more. This year was especially disappointing with the talent here, but it was S.O.P. No surpises.

It's all about perspective "72". Yes...mediocre for Phins, but certainly not mediocre as the NFL goes. We're top feeders man!

Re: Re: Is it just me???

Originally posted by Billhoff
Its not just you, its every dopefin fan, their just to ignorant & stupid to admit it!!:goof: :stuck: year after year after year after year.................

Ha!! Let me see...oh yes that would be a comment from the:

Cellar dwelling, worst in the division 2 years in a row, losing record, swept by the Miami Dolphins, underachieving, loser Bills fan.

Forgive me if I don't respect the perspective of a fan who comes home and kicks his wife and screws his dog.

As for the question, I don;t share the same feeling. I am tired of the same crap for the last few years, but I don;t enjoy watching other teams play more. I love to watch us play even if it is a scrimmage.

With that being said I have to say these are the best rounds of playoff games I can remember in some time and I am enjoying them a lot.

Re: Re: Is it just me???

Originally posted by themole

Well...Let me say this about that. I was a Jr. in high school when the Phins came into existence. The first four years were tough but promising. The Shula era began in 1970 and since then I've seen some VERY good times but NEVER bad times. I think "spoiled" may be the word for a lot of fans but "thankful" comes to mind for me. I'm ready for another serious run in the playoffs but no I'm not discusted. Frustrated... Yes. You need to consider what this organization has been up against year in and year out with the cap situation, free agency and position of draft. Yet...they still manage to put a quality competitive product on the field. That's what keeps me a Dolphan! We always have a chance.

Well said....and if I may add a few words. Football is MORE then just about the SuperBowl, albeit that is the main goal. Only 2 teams get there and only 1 team wins. Where does that leave us? Let's see...that game is for a few hours on one day. That leaves the other 4 months of the season......offseason.....

I'd say, although I too am 'frustrated' that we haven't progressed further that I am still happy being a dolphin fan. How many teams have the winning records we do, year in and year out? How many teams make it to the playoffs....extending our 'season' by a week or two more then the Dolphins?

I get to enjoy watching my phins win (generally) 9+ times a year (usually more) almost every year. I get to hang out at BBQ's, tailgate, catch a game (recently moved so that's about once a year now) and enjoy cheering for my team, making some new friends, and having some friendly jabs with opposing fans. And at the end of the day....more often then not, I've walked away having a fun day and also got to watch my team win again. To a degree I feel sorry for many of my friend's (well, not "sorry" but bad I guess) because they are die-hard fans of teams that hope to just break an 8-8 season and if they're lucky get to the playoffs.

in the end, it is just a game although it (as many games) can teach us many lessons in life. the dolphins organization has done one hell of a job keeping the phins competitive year in and year out, is one of the highest selling in merchandise, has one of the broadest fan bases, and the list goes on and on. And I enjoy watching them every year win and having football parties, going to the Sports Bar, or whatever I end up doing every sunday to watch my team.

Back
Top Bottom