Is it just me??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it just me???

Re: Re: Is it just me???

Originally posted by themole

Well...Let me say this about that. I was a Jr. in high school when the Phins came into existence. The first four years were tough but promising. The Shula era began in 1970 and since then I've seen some VERY good times but NEVER bad times. I think "spoiled" may be the word for a lot of fans but "thankful" comes to mind for me. I'm ready for another serious run in the playoffs but no I'm not discusted. Frustrated... Yes. You need to consider what this organization has been up against year in and year out with the cap situation, free agency and position of draft. Yet...they still manage to put a quality competitive product on the field. That's what keeps me a Dolphan! We always have a chance.
i was a finfan before i got married in 1967, my wife knew what she was getting into. i guess i have cussed more over the years because its so frustrating to see quality players not being used to their maximum potential.
i love football, but i will always watch a dolphin game first!:D ;)

Part of the problem for me is that we have over-estimated how great this franchise has been. Yes, we have won a lot of regular season games over the years, but we aren't as great as we would like to believe. We can make fun of Bills fans all we want, but the fact is they have been to 4 more Super Bowls than we have over the past 17 years. The Dolphins have been to the AFC Championship game 1 time since 1986 and have been HUMILIATED in the 2nd round 62-7, 38-3 and 27-0 over the past 7 years.
Look at the Patriots, on the verge of their 4th Super Bowl in 20 years, constantly overachieving to reach their goals. I can't sit here and feel good about a team that can't get the job done. December chokes, defensive collapses, coaching mistakes and the simple fact that we had the greatest QB in the history of the NFL and only made it to one Super Bowl speaks volumes. Us as the fans have overrated the Dolphins. In my a opinion the bottom line is Super Bowl victories and we haven't done that in 30 years. Therefore we can not make arguments about how storied and lucky we are to be fans when year after year we either got knocked bloody like the Jacksonville game, or get knocked dizzy like the San Deigo playoff game that we should have won.

If you ask me, we are not privaleged to have hope then have it shattered. I would gladly prefer a 4-12 season with the hope of getting top notch players in the draft over another embarrasing playoff loss that reveals every weakness on the team.

Just my 2 cents....

Last edited by a moderator:
With that being said I have to say these are the best rounds of playoff games I can remember in some time and I am enjoying them a lot.

Hear hear. This year's playoffs have shown just how much parity has grown throughout the league. Any given team could win the SB any given year....look at the past 4 years?

I feel the same way, Bumrush.

I would rather see a team go up and down and have a legitimate run at the SB every 3-4 years than be ...

"Consistently Slightly Above Mediocre But NEVER Able To Win The Big Game."

That's why I wanted to see more changes this year.

Originally posted by Bumrush
Part of the problem for me is that we have over-estimated how great this franchise has been. Yes, we have won a lot of regular season games over the years, but we aren't as great as we would like to believe. We can make fun of Bills fans all we want, but the fact is they have been to 4 more Super Bowls than we have over the past 17 years. The Dolphins have been to the AFC Championship game 1 time since 1986 and have been HUMILIATED in the 2nd round 62-7, 38-3 and 27-0 over the past 7 years.
Look at the Patriots, on the verge of their 4th Super Bowl in 20 years, constantly overachieving to reach their goals. I can't sit here and feel good about a team that can't get the job done. December chokes, defensive collapses, coaching mistakes and the simple fact that we had the greatest QB in the history of the NFL and only made it to one Super Bowl speaks volumes. Us as the fans have overrated the Dolphins. In my a opinion the bottom line is Super Bowl victories and we haven't done that in 30 years. Therefore we can not make arguments about how storied and lucky we are to be fans when year after year we either got knocked bloody like the Jacksonville game, or get knocked dizzy like the San Deigo playoff game that we should have won.

If you ask me, we are not privaleged to have hope then have it shattered. I would gladly prefer a 4-12 season with the hope of getting top notch players in the draft over another embarrasing playoff loss that reveals every weakness on the team.

Just my 2 cents....

Exactly my sentiments. Thanks for voicing them so well. It wouldn't bother me to lose in the Championship or the SB if we had a legitimate shot and played a good game. I could live with that. But, knowing that we don't have the horses to legitimately compete in Crucial games with the better teams in the league in any given year is worse, imo.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

Exactly my sentiments. Thanks for voicing them so well. It wouldn't bother me to lose in the Championship or the SB if we had a legitimate shot and played a good game. I could live with that. But, knowing that we don't have the horses to legitimately compete in Crucial games with the better teams in the league in any given year is worse, imo.

Two horses I blame most for last year's lack of post-season are Fiedler and Mare. Though a portion of Fiedler's inconsistency CERTAINLY can be attributed to the O-Line, I still think a truly "smart" QB can recognize he has weaknesses on his line and adjust accordingly.

That said I think we STILL legitimately had a chance at every game we lost (except maybe Tennessee....that was ugly). If New England's the best team in the NFL (which I think they are) right now, and we missed sweeping them by a few plays (which is how I look at it...even in the 12-0 loss) then what does that say about the Dolphins?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by NavyFishFan

That said I think we STILL legitimately had a chance at every game we lost (except may Tennessee....that was ugly). If New England's the best team in the NFL (which I think they are) right now, and we missed sweeping them by a few plays (which is how I look at it...even in the 12-0 loss) then what does that say about the Dolphins?
i still think jay is the best QB for this team. he doesn't make the best decisions at times, thats why i would like to see marino as QB coach. teach him how to read defenses. if marino doesn't want to take to the field, i wonder what don strock is doing these days!;)

Back
Top Bottom