Votes: 30 28.6%
  • Not a chance .he's the real deal

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • On the fence

Votes: 36 34.3%
  • I'm not going on record yet

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
This is like the Culpepper-Brees situation all over again....no matter what we do it has a chance of coming back and biting us in the ass.

400 yards of total offense by a team let alone a single player against a Nick Saban defense doesn't happen very often. There are of course reasons to be concerned with Murray, but i wouldn't agree he struggled against Alabama.

There are reasons to be concerned with Tua and Herbert next year too.

agreed. Trading down might actually be a better move for this team

I will say this. If the team’s blueprint is to throw away 2019 and team build . . . Then this is probably the correct course of action.

But I just don’t see that as a competent thought process from any sports organization, particularly in the NFL where there is a cap on place and 53 roster spots. I know some people think we are absolutely dreadful from a talent standpoint but personally if Kyler Murray is as good as I think he can be and you draft a few contibutors and maybe even a play after after him . . . . .this team can compete in 2019.

The talent in 2008 was not anything special and yet we won 11 games.

Miami wants to change things? Address the most important position on the field. Passing on that if it falls in your lap would be the most sorry Dolphin thing ever . . . And that is saying something,

My question is the following: Would Brady, Elway, Marino, Aikman, etc succeed with our recent past offensive lines? If we Draft Murray who has potential without rebuilding a line I think we waste a draft and player.

Marino and horse face yes. 99% of others, no way

As a fan he gives you something exciting to watch. As a franchise, he makes me very nervous to invest and build my entire offense around a guy who most would expect to get knocked out of the league, it’s just a matter of when. If he skips the combine, I wouldn’t touch him, period. I’ll take Will Grier cheap and still have him on my roster in six years.

I will say this. If the team’s blueprint is to throw away 2019 and team build . . . Then this is probably the correct course of action.

But I just don’t see that as a competent thought process from any sports organization, particularly in the NFL where there is a cap on place and 53 roster spots. I know some people think we are absolutely dreadful from a talent standpoint but personally if Kyler Murray is as good as I think he can be and you draft a few contibutors and maybe even a play after after him . . . . .this team can compete in 2019.

The talent in 2008 was not anything special and yet we won 11 games.

Miami wants to change things? Address the most important position on the field. Passing on that if it falls in your lap would be the most sorry Dolphin thing ever . . . And that is saying something,
Isn't that what we were told, though?

I think we take Murray if he's there but the bigger question is what if he and Haskins (most probably to the Giants) are gone??? Do we then take a chance on Jones/Lock? I'd say no but if there starts to be a run on QBs I could see us jumping the gun and taking one of them.

Isn't that what we were told, though?

No, not really.

And even if it was hinted, I wouldn’t trust anything coming out of anyones mouth from January thru the draft. It is all designed to throw other teams off your scent.

All I know is no team has ever entered the offseason with the idea of throwing away an entire season on purpose. That has always been a ridiculous thought process.

Even when Indy “sucked for Luck” . . . That wasn’t the thought process until it was affirmed that Manning would be put on IR early into the 2011 season. Certainly in the offseason the plan was to compete in 2011 with Peyton Manning coming back from injury.

Miami is absolutely adding in their eyes “an upgrade” at QB (unless Flores/Grier crazily sticks with Ryan Tannhill for an 8th season). The only debate is who we think that upgrade is going to be and if in fact it is actually an upgrade over the status quo.

The off season is flying. 8 days til the quarterback combine.

The real action is in 9 days on saturday.

Like all the quarterbacks, a lot depends on what situation he is drafted into. I firmly believe he's the real deal, but injuries could be a factor with his body type.

No, not really.

And even if it was hinted, I wouldn’t trust anything coming out of anyones mouth from January thru the draft. It is all designed to throw other teams off your scent.

All I know is no team has ever entered the offseason with the idea of throwing away an entire season on purpose. That has always been a ridiculous thought process.

Even when Indy “sucked for Luck” . . . That wasn’t the thought process until it was affirmed that Manning would be put on IR early into the 2011 season. Certainly in the offseason the plan was to compete in 2011 with Peyton Manning coming back from injury.

Miami is absolutely adding in their eyes “an upgrade” at QB (unless Flores/Grier crazily sticks with Ryan Tannhill for an 8th season). The only debate is who we think that upgrade is going to be and if in fact it is actually an upgrade over the status quo.
I could reading into it a bit but I'm just going by this:

"...We’re no further along than when I really bought the team,” Ross said Monday. “We’ve been operating under a philosophy that we had a good young roster and it needed maybe free agents and draft choices and we’d be very competitive. To keep operating under that philosophy would be like the definition of insanity: doing the same thing and really expecting a different result.

“So I thought it was time for the organization to take a different approach,” Ross continued. “... Basically, the thought is we’re going to look to really build this organization based on our needs and if it takes a year or so — two years, three years — we’re going to be there and we’re going to be an organization...”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article223870470.html#storylink=cpy

they all could be fool gold if they don't go to right team. I know none of them don't want go Denver...

Back
Top Bottom