Is Lawson the Pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Lawson the Pick?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
The more I've thought about it, I think Miami's first round pick will be one of these guys:

LEADER:
Lawson -- would seem like a perfect fit for Saban's 3-4. A difference maker who is still developing and could eventually take over for JT.

NEXT UP:
Cromartie -- have seen comparisons to Champ Bailey. A 6-3 shutdown guy. Not too many of those around.
Youbotty (sp) --- similar to Nate Clements
McNeil -- would solve Miami's long-time LT problem. Potential franchise LT
Scott --- see McNeil

TRADE DOWN A BIT OPTIONS:
Carpenter -- maybe a bit of a reach w/injuries, but would be a good fit
Watson -- the kind of DT Saban needs for his defense. Will go higher than people expect.

I don't think Miami will have a shot at Greenway or Huff unless they trade up and I don't see the Dolphins trading up for Jay Cutler. I could see Saban trading down a bit for more picks, though.

I could see Saban trading down in the 1st for Lawson, especially if we don't sign J. Peterson before the draft.

I hope we dont draft McNeil with the injury issues he has. Scott is right now is a 3rd rounder I believe. Lawson or Cromartie I wouldnt mind in the first if Huff isnt there.

motioncityhifi said:
I hope we dont draft McNeil with the injury issues he has. Scott is right now is a 3rd rounder I believe. Lawson or Cromartie I wouldnt mind in the first if Huff isnt there.

Yeah, McNeil is a gamble but so is Cromartie. I think both have the ability to be great players, though, if they stay healthy. I can't see Scott falling to the third round, maybe late 1st/early 2nd.

Itsdahumidity said:
I could see Saban trading down in the 1st for Lawson, especially if we don't sign J. Peterson before the draft.

True, Peterson is possible. But, I think Miami will end up spending the majority of their free agent money on the offensive line -- maybe Hutchinson. That would be cool if the Dolphins could trade down a bit get Lawson and another pick.

dominizzo said:
Id like LAwson but in the 2nd rd

The way Merriman and Ware moved up last year, I really doubt that Lawson will make it to the 2nd round. But you never know.

Lawson could very well be the pick. I want to see how he shows in Indy. I am thinking that maybe we're about a year or two early for Lawson...cuz I tend to think JT will play another 3 years here...I mean Willie McGinest is still playing at a high level up in NE and it seems like the LB move extended his career.

Still a Lawson does NOT come around that often...sometimes you just don't get to decide the timing of these things perfectly.

SF Dolphin Fan said:
Yeah, McNeil is a gamble but so is Cromartie. I think both have the ability to be great players, though, if they stay healthy. I can't see Scott falling to the third round, maybe late 1st/early 2nd.

Just what I read. Seems like everything I have read and heard said he is a soft waist bender with limited agility.

I'd love lawson. his stock will rise incredibly after the combine. teh guy jumps about 50 inches or something. i know this isnt the NBA but my point is thats only one thing, wait until the combine and he shows the rest of his athletic ablities. I'd love him. can be our merriman (SP) and wiht jT? thats disturbing right there. I think we take him cuz NE most likely would if not us.

i think if you make a pick like that so someone elses like new england doesn't get him your making a mistake the nfl draft is about making your team better not keep away.

I truly think we will take either Greenway or Lawson at #16. Whoever is left. I think Cleveland will take one of the 2. I would be rteally excited if we got Lawson. Like Ck said his talent doesn't come around often and he could replace Seau IMO.

PublixSubsRule said:
i think if you make a pick like that so someone elses like new england doesn't get him your making a mistake the nfl draft is about making your team better not keep away.
who said that? i meant it in the sense he will be a top 20 pick or 21 should i say and he wouldn't be a reach so might as well take the next best thing. look at shawn, the guy flew up teh baords and was picked at 17 i thin? 12? or somethign and now is the best lb from the rookie class and lawson is almost a close if not better.

Lawson and Cromartie have climbed on my board lately. Cromartie just ran a 4.29 and a 4.31 too, which is pretty damn fast for anyone, 6-3 or not!

Back
Top Bottom