Is Nick Saban crazy?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Nick Saban crazy??

kpcane said:
Young won't get past Arizona. The only QB that could fall is Cutler, but that's only if Oakland passes on him, which I don't think they will. Cutler and the Raiders and Young and the Cardinals both seem like nice fits.

There is a good chance Young goes at three to the Titans (very good chance) with Lienart going at four to the Jets. That leaves Cutler to Arizona or Minnesotta at the latest.

I think the Raiders pass on the QB's and go defense with Huff or Ngata, they have Brooks and are pretty high on Walters.

He is just keeping all his options open which by doing that he is fully preparing himself for the draft! So whoever started this thread should think about there post again!

RunRickyRun34 said:
There is a good chance Young goes at three to the Titans (very good chance) with Lienart going at four to the Jets. That leaves Cutler to Arizona or Minnesotta at the latest.

I think the Raiders pass on the QB's and go defense with Huff or Ngata, they have Brooks and are pretty high on Walters.

Young actually makes the least sense for the Titans. There's the Norm Chow connection with Leinart, and the local boy, senior bowl workout with Jeff Fisher guy, Jay Cutler. Young would be a very surprising pick for the Titans. I have a hard time seeing the Jets draft a QB this year. I think they should give young Patrick Ramsey a shot and improve that o-line with D-Brick, or get that animal at DE Mario Williams.

kpcane said:
Young actually makes the least sense for the Titans. There's the Norm Chow connection with Leinart, and the local boy, senior bowl workout with Jeff Fisher guy, Jay Cutler. Young would be a very surprising pick for the Titans. I have a hard time seeing the Jets draft a QB this year. I think they should give young Patrick Ramsey a shot and improve that o-line with D-Brick, or get that animal at DE Mario Williams.

While I agree with your logic, I have heard reports that the Titans GM is smitten with Young and wants to take him at 3, despite Fisher's and Chow's pleas for Leinart. That being said, if someone trades up and grabs Leinart at 2 Young is a serious possibility for the Titans at 3. Not saying I agree with the move, just telling you what I've heard.

Could Young slip to #16?? It's unlikely but definitely out of the question. Everything hinders on what the Saints do at #2, I still believe that. I mean lets face it, if Leinart falls to 4 at the Jets he's taken, Oakland is not drafting a QB, they have Brooks for a year and Walter as there young guy. Arizona could go QB, but depends on value, if Davis is there, why not give Warner that extra weapon, or better yet why not pick Winston Justice for more protection. I feel it will go like this:

Titans will take Leinart. Jets wanted him but instead go with BPA whether thats Dbrick, Hawk or Williams. Oakland wont draft a QB, and I feel Arizona with all those weapons want a prototype QB like Cutler instead of a project type in Vince, but if Davis is there, they take him. So that could lead to a fall for Vince who could fall to 17 at Minnesota but somebody might trade up before then . . Man all I can say is, I will have the wings and beer and will be watching with excitement in 2 weeks, I can't hardly wait.

Why the heck would you guys pass up on vince?!?!?!?!?!?! if he falls to 16 that would be amazing for us. sure we have culpepper (with his injured knee) and i love him to death, but vince would be way too good to pass up. we need a back up Q anyways, and this guy could push for the starting role in a couple years and we could trade him or cpep. and at 16 a lot of the guys the fins want to take would be reaching and saban said he didnt want to do that. and saban has also known young since he was 15 or so. It would be the steal of the draft. Im hoping that happens.

Crowder52 said:
While I agree with your logic, I have heard reports that the Titans GM is smitten with Young and wants to take him at 3, despite Fisher's and Chow's pleas for Leinart. That being said, if someone trades up and grabs Leinart at 2 Young is a serious possibility for the Titans at 3. Not saying I agree with the move, just telling you what I've heard.

You know, I was trying to think of any reason the Titans would want Young, and I just remembered why everyone had Young going to the Titans before the Saints got Brees...Steve McNair. He's like a father to Vince, and he would without a doubt provide the best chance for Vince to succeed in this league. That being said, I don't think anybody is going to trade up for Leinart, because it would cost too much. Leinart doesn't seem like a good fit with the Raiders or the Cardinals, and would the Ravens really be willing to give up what's necessary to move up 11 spots? With the Saints and Jets both getting young QB's the writing is on the wall that one of the big 3 will fall (that's kinda catchy).

Kdawg954 said:
Man all I can say is, I will have the wings and beer and will be watching with excitement in 2 weeks, I can't hardly wait.

You are definitely not alone my fellow namesake. Getting VY at 16 overall should put Saban in jail for the next 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom