Is Rivers better than Fiedler Now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Rivers better than Fiedler Now

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
If so then let him play next year. No better way to see what you got than by playing him.

Just base the O around the run and call simple Play Action passes early until he becomes more comfortable.

By the end of the season he should know the Offense pretty good.

I'd rather see that as opposed to having him sit on the sidelines.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
If so then let him play next year. No better way to see what you got than by playing him.

Just base the O around the run and call simple Play Action passes early until he becomes more comfortable.

By the end of the season he should know the Offense pretty good.

I'd rather see that as opposed to having him sit on the sidelines.

I'd LOVE to see that....in the event that all the hype/downplay around him settles in to some sort of realistic interpretation of his fit with Miami.

I'm not counting on anything right now.

Originally posted by SMadison29
No, he's not. Rivers has too much to learn to be a starter.

Rivers was better than Fiedkler his freshman year in highschool:goof: :goof: :goof: :goof:

Then I would rather him learn under Fiedler then another QB. Go ahead and bash me, curse me, or spit in my face, but Fiedler is smart and would be very capable of both starting for the Dolphins and mentoring Rivers.

That is of course if he restructures.

A better O line, a new WR target, and the addition of a QB coach would help Fiedler improve on this season.

Although with that line it is a wonder he is still alive.

No, rookies in the NFL never do anything with the exception of Dan Marino. I think Rivers will be a good pro, but in his first year he will not be an improvement over Fiedler.

No QB in the NFL has more "football smarts" than Rivers. He's just no ordinary Philip. And no I'm not kin to him or never even met the guy. I've followed him closely for 4 years however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well lets look at what we do know:

Jay is 6-2 and like 220
Rivers is 6-5 and 235

Jay is tough minded
Kid seems pretty stable and big.

Jay completes about 60%
Kid completes 70% and major chunks of yardage

Jay can run the ball
Kid probably cant run very well

Jay throws INT's
Kid doesnt seem to throw INT's in alot of experience in college

Kid throws a sidearm style ball
Jay overthrows and underthrows alot

Kid seems to be on a long streak of consistancy
Jay is so up and down consistant

Kid likes marino
Jay not very fond of marino (and think vice a versa);) Ok its the kid over Jay!

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
No, rookies in the NFL never do anything with the exception of Dan Marino. I think Rivers will be a good pro, but in his first year he will not be an improvement over Fiedler.

Vick
Carr
Manning
Marino

all seemed to do fairly well the first year even Boeler and yes he would be more effective than Fiedler Any of the first 4 QB's taken this year will be more effective than Fiedler b/c he isn't effective or we wouldn't be looking for a replacemnt he is the worst Starting QB in the league And DAN isn't going to have him back there screwing things up anymore I can promise you that!!:cool:

Vick did not start except a few games. Carr was rocked the whole year. Manning looked like a bust until half way through the year.

Can't start them day one. Half way into the season at the least. Marino never even sartes day one.

With all do respect Rivers is no Marino nobody can fill that shoe. Yes I will agree it will take a half a season to a season to be ready. The thing with Carr was the team was not going for the SB they Knew that there was no chance so they have nothing to lose. We are trying to get to the SB so we can't take a chance starting any rookie even Manning at the beginning of a season because we really need to do well at the beginnin of the season because we do so bad at the end of the season. But I have faith that we will not lose a game is december this year no matter were we play.

Originally posted by finfan54

how do you know?

Originally posted by finfan54
Well lets look at what we do know:

Jay is 6-2 and like 220
Rivers is 6-5 and 235

Jay is tough minded
Kid seems pretty stable and big.

Jay completes about 60%
Kid completes 70% and major chunks of yardage

Jay can run the ball
Kid probably cant run very well

Jay throws INT's
Kid doesnt seem to throw INT's in alot of experience in college

Kid throws a sidearm style ball
Jay overthrows and underthrows alot

Kid seems to be on a long streak of consistancy
Jay is so up and down consistant

Kid likes marino

Jay played in the NFL
Kid played in college.

Period.

If we draft Rivers and start him immediately we better be prepared to miss the playoffs again, cuz that's exactly what's going to happen. Whoever we draft, is gonna need a year to get up to speed.
Noone knows how a QB will perform at a proffesional level, but it's pretty safe to say that he won't perform like Marino in his rookie year.
This orginization would be the laughing stock of the NFL if we passed on another veteran and put this team in the hands of a rookie.

Back
Top Bottom