Is the Front Office Competant? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is the Front Office Competant?

Originally posted by steve_t
I don't get all this talk about the NO line being bad last year. Teams were waiting in line to grab their players as free agents (Roaf, Naole, Price, etc) and sign them to decent contracts. And if it was the case of Ricky making the line look good, then why get rid of him? It just does not add up. Minus makes a good point - the loss of a good offensive line coach is anohter bad move by the Fins "brain trust."
The Saints OL was not good last year. I've watched the Saints, I have several friends who are die-hard Saints fans, we can all tell you the Saints OL was no better than the Dolphin OL last season. Ricky, just like Lamar, was constantly getting hit at or behind the LOS. How he averaged 3.9 ypc is a pretty amazing feat. And the Saints' OL was healthy! The Saints OL sucked!

If they were so good, then why did:
a)the Saints practically dump all of their OL from last season, and
b)why do they consider Spencer Folau an upgrade? Folau? An upgrade?

I don't get your admiration for Jimmy Johnson either. Yes, he got us some decent defensive players, but he screwed this team up otherwise. Marino had some good seasons left in him when Johnson came, and Jimmy did what he could to make sure he had a difficult time, probably hoping Dan would retire out of frustration. Firing Gary Stevens and replacing him with Kippy Brown, scaling down the playbook, then replacing it altogether with one of Kippy's, taking away Dan's audibles, trying to force his OL to run block when all they knew and were good at was pass protection, bringing in a different RG every season, swapping out RGs on every series one year, ignoring the RT position every year, never drafting any OL that could actually run and pass block, drafting poor to average RBs to help take the pressure off Dan such as KAJ, JJJ, and Avery, drafting or bringing in other idiot RBs such as Phillips and Collins, picking kneeless WRs like Yatil Green and Larry Shannon and proclaiming them to be so great, putting Dan in a game after his neck injury and leaving him in when it was obvious he wasn't ready to play-he just wanted him to look that bad. I will never have any respect for Jimmy Johnson for the way he treated Marino and Shula, the smartest thing he ever did for Miami was quit, especially after leading them to the most embarassing loss in franchise history!

:monkey: Jimmy Johnson

Originally posted by steve_t
Muck makes a good point: JJ was a guy who could keep guys like DG in check. Wann-Spiel done not seem to have a clue as to how to go about it. The history of the league is filled with guys like DG - guys that have been injured but came back just as strong, guys whose personalities clashed with everyone else but were worth accomodating because of their superior play, guys that went through personal strife and put it behind them. Wann-Spiel COULD NOT EVEN WAIT UNTILL TRAINING CAMP OFFICIALLY STARTED? That, to me, is when you see where things are at, not a week before. When you make the kind of investment in a player that THEY made, its just plain crazy to pull the plug before camp even begins.

Well, Daryl should have known better!! Wanny was trying to get in contact with him for over a week, he even left his cell phone number with his agent.

Daryls BEST FRIEND on the team (Tim Bowens) no longer wants anything to do with him!!!!! What does that tell you about DG>? It tells me that he is not getting along with anyone. And I can tell you from personally seeing things in practice that DG was becoming a Cancer. He knocked OJ on his butt, for nothing! In the last camp he attended, he looked like he wanted to QUIT!!!!!

I was a big fan of DG on game day, but he missed way too many of them.

But if he had become the Cancer that they say...............GOODBYE DG, and thanks to Wanny for showing that this crap will not be tollerated by not even one of the teams STARS! He is even saying that if Radgers is found to have hit his wife he would not be on the team! No Tolerence! I love it........

Steve T are you really a dolfan fan or are you a bills fan or jets fan in waiting ...you dont sound like a fin fan to me and if you are ...your a sad example . Ive heard several responses to your inane ranting and you never seem to respond to that ..you have a tunnelvision thing going on dude ..take off your blinders or pick another team.

Relive: I don't know who considers Folau an upgrade, but I do know this: man for man the Saints line was as good or better than we were: Willie Roaf, Chris Noeole, Daryl Terrel, Kyle Turley etc. They traded Roaf - Naeole and Terrel were unrestricted free agents. Even one of their subs (Marcus Price) signed a good deal as a free agent. GM's around the league had no problems picking these guys up. Granted that Roaf went down late in the season, but he had a quality back-up in Price. Again, if Rickey was making these guys look good, then why get rid of him?

JJ is a coach/GM who knew what it took to get to the superbowl - he proved that beyond any doubt. He was bound to make some unpopular decisions but the changes had to be made - the switch to the running game was a necessity. Draft mistakes were made, no doubt, but JJ's legacy was a superbowl quality defense. Wanny's offensive philosophy (the run game) is the same, but he was not stuck with task of transitioning the team away from its faded star, Marino. The success of the past two years is due to the defense that JJ left.

Back
Top Bottom