Is There a WR worth the 16th pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is There a WR worth the 16th pick?

EFWilson

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just wondering if there was a Wr worth the #16 this year. Is it a down year for them?I havent heard much.

Santonio Holmes and Derrick Hagan are the top 2 rated wrs and probably the only 2 you could argue worth a pick at 16 if we were to go that route.

The rest of the top 5 probably looks something like:
3. Sinorice Moss (burner with good hands, route running needs to be refined. Late 1/early 2))
4. Jason Avant (ideal possession wr. Decent speed, big hands, great route runner. 2nd rd)
5. Chad Jackson (pretty similar to Avant, maybe a hair slower and less of a playmaker imo. anywhere from late 2nd to early 3rd)

I think we have bigger needs to use our 1st round pick on.

Still no love for CJ, Boik? :D

SpeedRush99 said:
I think we have bigger needs to use our 1st round pick on.

Still no love for CJ, Boik? :D
Not the same type of love you have for CJ Speedy :lol:

4. Jason Avant (ideal possession wr. Decent speed, big hands, great route runner. 2nd rd)

You rate Avant pretty high. I like him too but the 5th receiver is probably one of the bigger guys like Maurice Stovall, Hank Baskett, or Martin Nance.

SMadison29 said:
You rate Avant pretty high. I like him too but the 5th receiver is probably one of the bigger guys like Maurice Stovall, Hank Baskett, or Martin Nance.

Smad where would you rate Chad Jackson?

Vernon Davis....250lb T.E.,Fullback, slot receiver that runs in the 4.4 range...what this kid would do for our offense.

fishypete said:
Vernon Davis....250lb T.E.,Fullback, slot receiver that runs in the 4.4 range...what this kid would do for our offense.

Where does he play and where do you see him getting drafted?

i think santonio would be the only one worth that 16th pick, unless someone goes nuts at the combine, but there is no way we'd take a WR at 16... even if we look at it from a strictly BPA perspective, there are more than 16 players i would consider before santonio holmes...

Probably Holmes, who would be a nice compliment to Chambers/Booker. I think there are a lot of pretty good second/third round types, though. Avant from Michigan will be a good one. Not a speedster, but a bigger more athletic McDuffie type in that he'll keep the chains moving and make the tough catches. Nance is a 6-5 guy who will probably go in the second and Hagan might go 2nd as well.

Back
Top Bottom