Is There a WR worth the 16th pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is There a WR worth the 16th pick?

fishypete said:
Vernon Davis....250lb T.E.,Fullback, slot receiver that runs in the 4.4 range...what this kid would do for our offense.

Sounds like the ideal "H-Back" for our offense...

oh wait... we arnt going to have the same system anymore... :smackhead

SMadison29 said:
You rate Avant pretty high. I like him too but the 5th receiver is probably one of the bigger guys like Maurice Stovall, Hank Baskett, or Martin Nance.
I rate Avant based on what Ive seen of him. He's underrated and underpublicized. Hes surehanded, strong, good route runner. His only real deficiency is lack of breakaway speed.

Avant has some of the best hands I have seen in College football in a while. He catches almost everything. He does lack breakaway speed though but runs great routes and would could be used simliar to Orande Gadsen. He is very clutch on 3rd down

next year be on the lookout for calvin jackson GT hes gonna be a stud. besides santonio holmes no really great WR

to be honest i dont care too much if his hands arent that good...please give me a Speed demon and his mechanics(hands etc...) can be worked on

Why in the hell would we waste our 1st round pick on a WR? Miami doesnt need a WR that bad.

Didnt Miami have a WR make the pro bowl?????

a WR cant do a thing if a QB cant throw him the ball

We draft Jay Cutler with the 16th spot!

Hagan of ASU reminds me a lot of Rod Smith of the Denver Broncos...I think he will make an excellent receiver in the NFL.

RONNIE H2 said:
next year be on the lookout for calvin jackson GT hes gonna be a stud. besides santonio holmes no really great WR

calvin johnson*:)

Boik14 said:
Santonio Holmes and Derrick Hagan are the top 2 rated wrs and probably the only 2 you could argue worth a pick at 16 if we were to go that route.

The rest of the top 5 probably looks something like:
3. Sinorice Moss (burner with good hands, route running needs to be refined. Late 1/early 2))
4. Jason Avant (ideal possession wr. Decent speed, big hands, great route runner. 2nd rd)
5. Chad Jackson (pretty similar to Avant, maybe a hair slower and less of a playmaker imo. anywhere from late 2nd to early 3rd)

those are pretty good projections, except for moss, there is no way he goes in the first or early second round. the BEST he could do would be late 2nd, and i mean best. most likely hes a 3rd or 4th round guy. hes way to small to be considered a top wide out in this draft

keep ure eye on martin nance from miami(oh) hes big fast physical, and has great hands, if he has a good workout, he could sneak in the 1st round barely

You can find comparisons of Santonio Holmes to Steve Smith. If he has that kind of skill then he's clearly worthy of the 16th pick.

Way more pressing issues than WR at 16....there are a bunch of guys grouped together talent-wise, which means there will be plenty of talent still there in the second round.

Back
Top Bottom