Is there really a curse of Tedford QBs. Probably not. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there really a curse of Tedford QBs. Probably not.

Aren't the scouts and the guys that pulled the trigger on the "busts" the real "busts" after all it's their job to know the difference.... the players are just meat... they just play.....

Carr IS NOT a Tedford QB. He played under him for his freshman season and took exactly 12 snaps that years. He made his improvement without Tedford during the time he actually started at Fresno.

So really your Tedford qb's are:

Dilfer - Never lived up to hype
Feeley - Stinks even for a 5th rd pick
Harrington - Hasnt lived up to his hype
Boller - Hasnt lived up to his hype
Akilli Smith - Bust, just didnt have the goods

Ive said this before about Tedford qb's: I don't think there is a curse. I think what happens is that there is a loss of fundamentals when his qbs move on to the pros. When you watch them in college they look great. The ball is up by the ear, the follow through and release points are fine. I tend to believe that because his offense is so simplistic that when his Qb's move on they get so caught up in the intricate offenses that are run in the nfl that they lose sight of what made them successful as college qb's.

Boik14 said:
Ive said this before about Tedford qb's: I don't think there is a curse. I think what happens is that there is a loss of fundamentals when his qbs move on to the pros. When you watch them in college they look great. The ball is up by the ear, the follow through and release points are fine. I tend to believe that because his offense is so simplistic that when his Qb's move on they get so caught up in the intricate offenses that are run in the nfl that they lose sight of what made them successful as college qb's.

Its always dangerous to generalize about QBs.They are all different.

The mechanics are there but do they measure up on the intangibles such as Field vision,Intelligence,Leadership ?.

I think thats were Rodgers separates himself from the others mentioned.He is on a par with Smith for IQ.His height should not be an issue.6'2" is good enough for the NFL.

BTW we should be familiar with QBs who throw from their ear level as Dan Marino threw like that too.

CrunchTime said:
Its always dangerous to generalize about QBs.They are all different.

The mechanics are there but do they measure up on the intangibles such as Field vision,Intelligence,Leadership ?.

I think thats were Rodgers separates himself from the others mentioned.He is on a par with Smith for IQ.His height should not be an issue.6'2" is good enough for the NFL.

BTW we should be familiar with QBs who throw from their ear level as Dan Marino threw like that too.
Agreed on all accounts. Thats exactly my point. Tedford qb's illustrate all the tools in college but at some point in their transition to the pros they seem to lose that. What I am saying is there has to be a reason that doesnt carry over with them. Maybe its the fact that Tedford is no longer there to reinforce those mechanics and reinforce confidence in his qbs as he does in college. Maybe someone who drafts his qbs should look into hiring him since he knows his players better than anyone?

Back
Top Bottom