Is this another one of Wannstedts "qb competitions"? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this another one of Wannstedts "qb competitions"?

I really believe that the situation is this, that Feeley is being brought in with the intention of him being teh starter this year. They basically told Jay theu would restructure his contract so less counted to the cap in 04 and if he outplayed Feeley, meaning Feeley is not ready, then Jay would start. Basically Feeley if he shows that he has the poise and understanding and can go out and play without having to think, just react he will start. If they believ he needs more seasoning, Jay will start.

I do not believe they make this trade without the expectation that Feeley would start, Jay is the insurance that they fall back on for a season if they have to.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
I really believe that the situation is this, that Feeley is being brought in with the intention of him being teh starter this year. They basically told Jay theu would restructure his contract so less counted to the cap in 04 and if he outplayed Feeley, meaning Feeley is not ready, then Jay would start. Basically Feeley if he shows that he has the poise and understanding and can go out and play without having to think, just react he will start. If they believ he needs more seasoning, Jay will start.

I do not believe they make this trade without the expectation that Feeley would start, Jay is the insurance that they fall back on for a season if they have to.

And this is the problem that most of the fans ahd witht his trade, you gave up a "2nd Round Pick" adn signed him to a contract extension, and now you need insuracnce in case he doesn't pan out.

I understand the concept and agree that it will be better to have Jay there as an insurance policy, but then why not just keep Jay and draft a QB or if you are going to tradefor Feely then don't extend him until you at least see if he will work out.

Originally posted by Agua
I didn't say he threw for TDs phinphreak. He moved the team for TDs, something it didn't do during the entirety of Huard's play during that preseason. I think they had scored one TD in the previous games under Huard.

I didn't post the stats because of that, I just looked to see if I remembered right, So when I found them I just figured I would post them.

Back
Top Bottom