Is this guy worth a look | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this guy worth a look

All of you who dont want to give him a shot, ur only reasoning is he didnt work with the bucs, hes a problem etc. But what i dont understand is whats the harm if hell take a leauge minimum salary? Any response to that?

FinFan24 said:
All of you who dont want to give him a shot, ur only reasoning is he didnt work with the bucs, hes a problem etc. But what i dont understand is whats the harm if hell take a leauge minimum salary? Any response to that?

That's a fair question. Let me give you my answer.

Units have a "chemistry" and a work ethic to them. With Timbo already on our Dline who makes agreements with the OG opposite not to hit in practice, I think inviting in another guy who has had serious off the field problems with no evidence of either repentance or rehabilitation would be a detriment to the team.

Tampa Bay cutting him BEFORE camp is a HUGE signal that he doesn't have it or won't try, imo, and therefore I want nothing to do with him. Had another team cut him, maybe but Gruden letting him go is an indictment.

y not sigh em. We got a wife beater, a weed smoker who drives 120+ miles an hour, a linebacker who keeps making stupid comments, a dumb coach, a qb who sells himself, and to top it all off we have a crazy *** guy on the team who shoots people, steals cars, takes teammates money and doesnt know what his last name is. Y not give em a chance

Ohiophinphan said:
That's a fair question. Let me give you my answer.

Units have a "chemistry" and a work ethic to them. With Timbo already on our Dline who makes agreements with the OG opposite not to hit in practice, I think inviting in another guy who has had serious off the field problems with no evidence of either repentance or rehabilitation would be a detriment to the team.

Tampa Bay cutting him BEFORE camp is a HUGE signal that he doesn't have it or won't try, imo, and therefore I want nothing to do with him. Had another team cut him, maybe but Gruden letting him go is an indictment.

Found out he failed a alcohol test...and that was the basis of his release, it appeared on ESPN this morning.

If Clump thinks we should get the guy then I'm all for it. NOT!!!! I have nothing against Russell but if we're going to spend money it should be on the offensive side of the ball such as wide reciever or o-line. The only thing left to do on defense is to sign Ogun.

Ohiophinphan said:
dol_fan_in_tamp said:
no way!! gruden was his former coach and still let him go even though they lost sapp. QUOTE]

That is the key comment, imo. If Gruden couldn't get him motivated or in shape, I want nothing to do with him.

Our depth of Zgonina and Romero is satisfactory especially when you consider Jay Williams plays DT in the nickle and dime defenses. I also want to see Tony Brown in that same position, he may be the summer sleeper.
Zgonina and co. are satisfactory for now. But Russel would b a prospect of the future. He could be a full time starter if his head on strait.

FinFan24 said:
Zgonina and co. are satisfactory for now. But Russel would b a prospect of the future. He could be a full time starter if his head on strait.

but he didn't and he is going to be suspended again

why would you sign the guy, he tests postive for ecstasy plus slipped a girl the date rape drug and him and 2 friends raped her on camera

he was found innocent of the date rape drug/rape with filming on camera thing

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
he was found innocent of the date rape drug/rape with filming on camera thing

He was found not guilty of a criminal act, he admitted doing it but said it was consenual. I'm not sure I want someone around who thinks that's OK even if it is consenual. But as has been pointed out, a failed alcohol test renders all this moot, he's drunk away a rich career. I'm sorry for him. Its a terrible waste and I hate waste.

Back
Top Bottom