Is this guy worth a look | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this guy worth a look

bobdroopy said:
Hes had zero tackles in the last three years

I thought he was suspended for the last year and a half.. :confused:

MDFINFAN said:
I thought he was suspended for the last year and a half.. :confused:

He probably was, but that doesn't take away the fact that he had zero tackles :D

He signed for 500,000 dollars. Thats almost nothing in the NFL. I dont see wut the harm would be in bringing him in, as long as hes cheap(which he would be i assume). If he works out awesome we got TBo's replacement, if not cut him like the Bucs did. The Bucs took him in, nothing negative happened to them. They brought him in, he didnt work, they cut him. I just think his talents r wortha shot when u have old DT's.

He was released by the Bucs due to their depth at DL. Why not give him a shot with a league minimun contract with zero risk. All the date rape charges against him were dropped last year.

I read the reason he was cut was because TB had enough depth at DT.I also read on the Dolphins message board on ESPN that he came into mini-camps 20 pounds overweight as well.That might play a role into it.

I think that even with all his problem, the Dolphins should give him a chance. He may realize that such a deal may be his last chance and thus get himself in gear. He would be cheap too.

I Never Heard Of The Guy But From What Im Hearing From You Guys Id Say Heeeeeellllll Nnnoooooooo

no way!! gruden was his former coach and still let him go even though they lost sapp. besides we dont need any more controversey lol.

we have a history of signing troubled players, some worked out, some didn´t , but i would try to get him in camp, he is still a 2nd overall pick

Clumpy said:
I think he's the missing piece for the Fins

Nah but I bet QWEENY would LOVE to see Russell in that powder blue 4 CHOKE uniform lined up across from him during practice !!!

Then qweeny wouldn't have to worry about getting sacked,, FOR ONCE ....

:lol:

Marino1983

dol_fan_in_tamp said:
no way!! gruden was his former coach and still let him go even though they lost sapp. QUOTE]

That is the key comment, imo. If Gruden couldn't get him motivated or in shape, I want nothing to do with him.

Our depth of Zgonina and Romero is satisfactory especially when you consider Jay Williams plays DT in the nickle and dime defenses. I also want to see Tony Brown in that same position, he may be the summer sleeper.

I say if you can get a player with the talent that russell has shown in the past cheap then GET HIM!!! If he does not work out you have lost nothing. If he does work out then you have more depth on the DL, The ability to rotate your DT's more often and will have them fresh not only for the fourth qtr but late in the season and the playoffs. I want to state one more time that in the end you lose little but could gain alot. It may sound like a risk but if you can limit the risk why not?

Back
Top Bottom