Is Thomas and Taylor gone after this year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Thomas and Taylor gone after this year?

FiN.in.RI said:
Exactly. It all depends on how he plays this year and how he fits into Saban's defense. Time to find out if size really doesn't matter at the MLB position. Zach might shine in a more aggressive defense focused on big plays.

It also hinges strongly on how Channing Crowder and Derrick Pope play.

HysterikiLL said:
It also hinges strongly on how Channing Crowder and Derrick Pope play.

Somewhat. Pope is alright and Crowder is a risk with his injury history.

Zach won't get traded based on Crowders play after this season, he'll get traded for other reasons.

I only see Zach as haviung 2-3 years left, I see Jason having 5-7 barring injuries

Don't forget Zach had to fill Oferdahls shoes, and so on and so forth. They day we lose JT or ZT to trades, releases, or retirement is a sad day for the dolphins. They are staples in this community. Both will be missed. Until that time They are the best at what they do and I am going to enjoy every single play and game !

IMO

Thomas is definitely gone after this season. Pope had more game changing plays in his 4 or 5 starts last year then Thomas's 10+starts.

Throw in Crowder and Pope with Spraggan and if Moore can stay healthy. Thomas is gone for sure if not sooner then next year:D

Taylor. The only thing that makes this a wildcard is if someone is willing to give up a 1st and 2nd or 2 1sts. If they do then Taylor is gone, if not then Taylor stays. Another words, only if someone wows Saban with draft picks then he isn't trading him. We already know he only cares to trade for Value, look at Surtain. He won't be cutting him for any reason. So only if the right trade comes along only because he is young unlike Thomas who is getting old fast.

IMO Thomas and Madison will be gone by next season.

No, they are not "gone" after this year, and it would be "ARE" zach and JT gone...

proper grammar is key my man...

I dont think either is gone for sure yet. i think a lot will depend on how they fit in Saban's sytem and I think he wants to see that for himself because both are too good to just dump by the side. I think some of it will also depend on what happens contract wise/capwise next offseason. Its not like we couldnt keep both.

Personally Id hate to see JT go but Im more receptive to Zach being gone cause ive also been more of a JT fan.

I wouldn't want either to go. I don't think either would go, especially if Zach would restructure. He seems like he would be willing to play for less and still play as a phin. I doubt either would leave in that scenario. Another instance would be that Zach would want the same amount or more (i really dont see that happening)... and then he would be long gone. I think Zach will retire a phin and play for 2-5 more seasons.

JT will stay either way and play 4-7 more years. I would be depressed to see Zach leave, he is my favorite player by far... He is half the reason I love this game. So yeah, I think it's about a 60-75% chance both will stay.

Saban has stated repeatedly that he wants to build this team through the draft. ZT and JT are both guys with significant trade value and 2006 is a stacked draft in the first. I could see Saban trying to move either or both of them for 1st rd picks.

byroan said:
I don't think Thomas or Taylor will be gone.
Agreed. I know there's not much to talk about these days after the draft, but c'mon, what's this talk about getting rid of our two best, proven players on defense? Taylor and Thomas are the heart & soul right now. Saban knows this and said he will tailor (no pun intended) our defense after those two.

Fantasy can sometimes be really annoying: By the same logic, why don't we sign McMichael to a new contract only to trade him and Chambers a year later to get a bunch of picks?

Play Taylor; play Thomas. Continually draft defense. That way, when Taylor and Thomas get old, we will go on...

LostInPatsLand said:
Agreed. I know there's not much to talk about these days after the draft, but c'mon, what's this talk about getting rid of our two best, proven players on defense? Taylor and Thomas are the heart & soul right now. Saban knows this and said he will tailor (no pun intended) our defense after those two.

Fantasy can sometimes be really annoying: By the same logic, why don't we sign McMichael to a new contract only to trade him and Chambers a year later to get a bunch of picks?

Play Taylor; play Thomas. Continually draft defense. That way, when Taylor and Thomas get old, we will go on...

best said from all of this talk bravo bravoo:wink:

it will probably be up to zach and jason themselves and their willingness to restructure. they might be worth the pay for this year and next year, i don't know, but we could use the cap space in the coming years. besides, their contracts get out of control after 2006.

neither are worth the money - especially zach - but both are worth the picks - i love em both but c'mon it's time to move on and it's time to move forward - trade while there is still value - i would bet, if both were not in a salary cap bind, that we wouldn't be talking about whether or not they would be around next year, instead we would be talking about how we lost them and surtain this year

d-day said:
neither are worth the money - especially zach - but both are worth the picks - i love em both but c'mon it's time to move on and it's time to move forward - trade while there is still value - i would bet, if both were not in a salary cap bind, that we wouldn't be talking about whether or not they would be around next year, instead we would be talking about how we lost them and surtain this year
See I dont think we can get more than a 3rd for zach cause of age/injury/contract concerns and while Jt holds a lot of value finding an elite pass rusher is extremely difficult. Youre talking about the guy who imo is the best De in the league and really hasnt had any health issue (and god willing it will stay that way). Anything less than a 1st + (which we wouldnt ever get cause of age and salary just like surtain) Id have to decline it and just let JT retire a Phin.

Back
Top Bottom