Is Thomas and Taylor gone after this year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Thomas and Taylor gone after this year?

Well i guess like somebody else always says on here "In Saban We Trust"

I think in Taylor's case it depends on his attitude in playing the SAM backer spot and the DPR (designated pass rusher - right end) role in the nickel. If Matt Roth blossoms right away, it makes Taylor a little more expendable. Thomas will be gone. He makes too much money for a WILL backer.

Not Taylor.

It is my personal opinion that this will be Zach's last year.

Why no love to Zach? e loves being a dolphin just as much as JT. I don't think either of them want to be split from eachother. I've also heard both of them say they want to retire as dolphins. But zach automatically gets the boot. I guess its easy to replace a probowl, 100+ tackles a season, Motivational, hardworking, boyscoutish LB. Don't let either go!!!

IMO Zach is too small for Saban.

Consequently, I can't see Saban shelling out big $$$'s for a guy that doesn't work for him. We'll see, Zach may have a very good year, but I think he'll have to take a pay cut if he wants to retire a Dolphin.

Neither of them will be gone after the season. Tell you the truth.... I really have no idea.

Nublar7 said:
I agree with all the above posters. Jason is probably staying, but there is a chance that Zach could be gone after this season. I think the majority of fans would be more likely to accept Zach leaving then Jason.

Lets not forget Jason is married to Zack's sister. You think that would effect Jasons willingness to stay if Zack gets dumped?

Bill C said:
Saban has stated repeatedly that he wants to build this team through the draft. ZT and JT are both guys with significant trade value and 2006 is a stacked draft in the first. I could see Saban trying to move either or both of them for 1st rd picks.

Not to be argumentative, but I think the "market" has changed somewhat. It appears 28yo+ players are no longer commanding 1st round pick compensation. It appears only the younger players are worthy of that status.

We got a 2nd for Surtain. A relatively elite player in a franchise position. MLBs are a dime a dozen. JT would probably fetch a 2nd and ZT might fetch a 3rd. Zach's injury history deducts from his gawdy stats. And, it's kinda known that ZT has lost some of his range (speed) on the field.

It's sad, but in today's markets youth is the key. Which is one reason I don't see us trading picks for players in the future (unless real young and talented). I think Saban is a "build through the draft" guy.

We are no longer in a "just one player away" mode of thinking. FINALLY!

FiN.in.RI said:
Exactly. It all depends on how he plays this year and how he fits into Saban's defense. Time to find out if size really doesn't matter at the MLB position. Zach might shine in a more aggressive defense focused on big plays.

Hey...we are fans of the same Pro Teams.

#1 Fins
#2 Bo-Sox
#3 The Cs

I'm from CT and everyone always say's to me why do you like the Fins when you are a fan of the Boston teams in other sports?

Anyway, I've been a big FinFan for a long time. The 1st Superbowl I ever watched and remember was the Fins and 9ers. From that point on...I became a FinFan.

Anyway...hopefully the Cs can win it in game 7 back in Boston.

Go Fins!!!

BigTom said:
maybe thomas but i doubt taylor, he's going to have a very nice season with roth on the other side
...Roth prolly won't even start.

Roth could start all depending if Kevin Carter is goin to be a starter at DE or DT. If Carter starts at DE then Roth will be a situational pass rusher.

Hummer23 said:
Are Taylor and Thomas both gone after this year? Just one or neither?

I guess I agree with most on this...I see ZT gone after this season, unless he has a poor year...(he may want to restructure and sign for a lot less to prove himself again). But for both JT and ZT...it will really depend on how well they adjust to Saban's D...if JT doesn't mind standing up once in a while and playing off the line for run support and if ZT can make the transition to more of the run support role and sharing the tackles amongst the other LBs in the scheme, then they may stay longer...I do see JT hanging on for another year or so, unless Saban finds a KC type that needs a pass-rushing DE for a draft pick or two...

Back
Top Bottom