Is Thompson out? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Thompson out?

He was very efficient as a 3rd receiver. Why cut him? Some of you do not understand the meaning of depth. Who will play in his place if we cut him? Josh Davis, some UDFA? Kendall Newson? Puh-leeeze. And no- Gilmore is nothing more then just a 5th receiver.

Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD

2003 Miami Dolphins 16 12 26 359 13.8 31 0 5 0 19
2004 Miami Dolphins 16 3 23 359 15.6 36 4 6 0 18

The difference between DT as a #2 and a #3 reciever.

Yeah you have to keep thompson.
Chambers
Booker
Boston
Thompson
Gilmore
Davis/newsom/bellemy
No way you cut/release your ex#3 current #4 because you signed a better #3
Keep thompson and the fins have a very good rec corp.
Of course I tend to look on the positive side of things and not focus on the negitive side of things.

Who said Boston was going to take Thompson's job at #3? Seriously -- there is risk to Boston. It would be madness to get rid of somebody like Thompson to make room for him.

Jimmy James said:
Who said Boston was going to take Thompson's job at #3? Seriously -- there is risk to Boston. It would be madness to get rid of somebody like Thompson to make room for him.

IMO he won't take the #3 spot. However, also IMO, the #3 and #4 receiver will get a lot of passes thrown there way this season under Linehans system. So really i don't find it to be all that important.

Thompson is perfect for a 4th wr, I would rather have him than Conway or Hakim. Bagget and the new OC will get him to a higher level.

byroan said:
Care to tell us why?

I don't see why you people overrate him. I'll admit that he improved from ****y to decent, but he has dropped many passes and in his career he has not made the plays that he should have.

Since Thompson will be the 4th WR he will likely have to take a pay cut. That will be a prob with him and we might be forced to cut him. I also dont think that Thompson will accept the role of being #4 on the depth chart.

I definitely think Thompson's play will pick up. He showed some signs late last year. He's one of the players I've definitely been hoping to see this upcoming season. The addition of Boston should hopefully push him even harder. I'd love to see him make some big plays for us.

Back
Top Bottom