Is Tua Better than Any Quarterback Prospect Since Luck? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tua Better than Any Quarterback Prospect Since Luck?

Did anyone see Manning versus Florida? One of the best prospects ever and he was owned by Florida. I mean Tua was not that bad against Clemson and he was slightly banged up last year. Let’s see what he does against Auburn, Georgia and his Bowl game.

Tua is definitely not a better prospect than Luck( Luck was an easy read) but Tua is currently the best college QB prospect.

In terms of universal grade I say yes. Best since luck

Not sure why miami would be even considering any other option frankly

What does this even mean?

Elway never even led Stanford to a bowl game.

I’m wondering if you even realize Andrew Luck only faced a “top 30” defense 4 times at Stanford. Never faced a top 10 defense. Much less a top 5 defense. Certainly not the two best defenses in the country. Or during his first season as a starter.

I can show you where every single franchise NFL quarterback that’s ever played struggled against elite college defenses. Tua didn’t even struggle against em - he just didn’t maintain the same torrid pace he did against everybody else. It’s insane to even suggest that it’s possible.

Here’s the reality - Tua has to play perfect in order for Alabama to win in these big time games. That’s not the case for any of these other quarterbacks.

To compare Stanford of the Elway era to Alabama of the Tua era is an apples and oranges comparison and I suspect you know it. Alabama is football factory with arguably the best defensive coach in all of football if TUA were at the level of Elway or Luck Alabama would not be currently ranked #2.

Why are they ranked #2? I would postulate it has something to do with Clemson's QB, who looks like the generational QB you keep touting Tua as being.

Just watching the old films of Elway, Luck, hell even Marino you can see how the ball jumps off their hands (the accuracy and velocity just should make anyone pause). Trevor Lawrence has the marking of a real #1 QB overall. Tua, is a decent QB that may have an NFL future, he has nice touch on many routes,however that does NOT make him SPECIAL.

If he (TUA) becomes a significant QB at the next level it won't be because of his physical talents (many QB have the same level as he possesses). It will be because he plays within his talents and shows superior vision and decision making, which funny enough falls into FROMM's sphere. I have a suspicion the best QB of the class just might be this kid from Georgia his accuracy is just that good.

HOWEVER, this does not MAKE TUA or FROMM #1 overall pick material and this is my argument. These guys are pieces to a puzzle, not the next Elway or Marino.

Last edited:
To compare Stanford of the Elway era to Alabama of the Tua era is an apples and oranges comparison and I suspect you know it. Alabama is football factory with arguably the best defensive coach in all of football if TUA were at the level of Elway or Luck Alabama would not be currently ranked #2.

Why are they ranked #2? I would postulate it has something to do with Clemson's QB, who looks like the generational QB you keep touting Tua as being.

Just watching the old films of Elway, Luck, hell even Marino you can see how the ball jumps off their hands (the accuracy and velocity just should make anyone pause). Trevor Lawrence has the marking of a real #1 QB overall. Tua, is a decent QB that may have an NFL future, he has nice touch on many routes,however that does NOT make him SPECIAL.

If he (TUA) becomes a significant QB at the next level it won't be because of his physical talents (many QB have the same level as he possesses). It will be because he plays within his talents and shows superior vision and decision making, which funny enough falls into FROMM's sphere. I have a suspicion the best QB of the class just might be this kid from Georgia his accuracy is just that good.

HOWEVER, this does not MAKE TUA or FROMM #1 overall pick material and this is my argument. These guys are pieces to a puzzle, not the next Elway or Marino.
Of all the stupid posts,this one takes the cake...Did you just compare a so-so accurate QB in Trevor Lawrence to Marino and Elway?...That's stupid right there.
Trevor is a piece on a great football team the last two years..a piece...If Kelly Bryant is still QB,..Clemson is still #1 with that team..
Tua and his recievers are CARRYING Alabama,this year and last....This lets me know you haven't watched hardly any of their games.
You are just parroting something you heard from somebody else.
Give me your analysis on why Trevor is better.....something more than.."Him tall"!"him got kind hair".

You're wrong with just about every single sentence you just wrote. Tua is why the best defensive coach in all of football completely changed the way he approaches and coaches the game.

Alabama is #2 because of Tua. He's carrying them - not the other way around. Get off the goddamn internet and watch some football Mr. Fanboy.

Trevor is not a generational quarterback - there's been a bunch of quarterbacks who stare down receivers, throw balls into the turf, and toss up 50/50 balls against bad defensive backs.

Jake Fromm is not more accurate than Tua - and if both of 'em were on the same team Fromm would be holding Tua's water bottle. That's why Fromm decommitted from Alabama when Tua got on the plane in Hawaii to come to Tuscaloosa in the first place.

Some of you clowns on football message boards are like the people in the passing lane that won't do the speed limit and won't get over - clueless, oblivious, and dangerous.

Zealots and fanatics always the same regardless topic. Simply too entrenched in dogma and their own opinions to see the obvious.

Gentlemen, take the homer glasses off, otherwise a year from now it will be painful.

Give a reason,no lip flapping...at least debate it with something smart...give me your so called dogma facts on Trevor..
Are you saying Trevor is carrying Clemson?
Are you saying Tua is not carrying Alabama right now?
Yes or no with some facts to back it.

Zealots and fanatics always the same regardless topic. Simply too entrenched in dogma and their own opinions to see the obvious.

Gentlemen, take the homer glasses off, otherwise a year from now it will be painful.

Stop the bullshit and stick to football. Nothing a year from now is going to be painful to me I don't give two ****'s about the NFL.

I must admit to wavering on Tua in the post regular season games last year, I thought he was pretty poor, but obviously the injury he took early in the SEC champ game impacted him more than we could assume at the time. This season for me, he's not put a foot wrong, he absolutely is the transcending player we need to that position, whoever picks at #1, assuming he declares, and doesn't have Tua on their draft card should be shot.

To answer the question, absolutely !

The games that he played on two sprained ankles and a sprained knee?..He was injured way before the SEC champ game..

In terms of status as a prospect? Yes. Tua had 2 questions to me.

1)is it him or his it the people around him. While he has all world receivers the OL and running game for Bama has not been Bama standards this year and he has adjusted very well.

2)Dont play hero ball. He had done better

Give a reason,no lip flapping...at least debate it with something smart...give me your so called dogma facts on Trevor..
Are you saying Trevor is carrying Clemson?
Are you saying Tua is not carrying Alabama right now?
Yes or no with some facts to back it.

That’s a tough question. I think Etienne may be carrying Clemson somewhat. But that kid isiah Simmons was the best player on the field in tbe Syracuse game.

Bama wise I think the offensive skill players are probably carrying that team. The qb and WRs. Definitely not the backs or tight ends. none of it happens without tua

Back
Top Bottom