Is Tua Better than Any Quarterback Prospect Since Luck? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tua Better than Any Quarterback Prospect Since Luck?

Tua was still better than Trevor in that game...get over it.

The bullshit spews from people who refuse to accept their mancrush is simply NOT all world. All anyone ever had to see about the limitations of TUA was watch the national championship game.

I don't care who TUA or TREVOR carries and doesn't carry in college football.

I care about where he fits as an NFL QB, where I simply do not see the zip on the ball that would make any reasonable person comfortable that he will reliably put the ball into the tight windows with nfl DB coverage. THIS WAS PAINFULLY OBVIOUS in the national championship game.

Rarely does Bama come across a team with equal athletes and oddly when they do TUA is average to above average.

Pray tell how does that make a generational QB? or is the plan to sound like Jimmy Johnson when he selected Russell Maryland #1 overall. Perhaps TUA can also prevent guys from being slip blocked as well.

A wise man (Namor) once said, "You can't fix stupid".

I believe him.

The arm talent is crazy, what sold you on him in college ?

The whole package, the arm was just the extension of a very special Qb..pure unadulterated talent, arm, vision of the field and vision peripherally, creativity, athletic ability, escapabilitity talent, all very hi level instinctive stuff, serious Playmaker...The lack of discipline, the air raid system narrative, the so called poor conference rep, those worries some had were him just goofing around on a football field because of how easy the game was coming to him, that was evident to me, all he needed was a coach that could reign him in and mold him into a more precise controlled version with explosive playmaking elements..

I was sick when the chiefs took him, thought there was another golden opp for us to take advantage of GMs in the league..

The whole package, the arm was just the extension of a very special Qb..pure unadulterated talent, arm, vision of the field and vision peripherally, creativity, athletic ability, escapabilitity talent, all very hi level instinctive stuff, serious Playmaker...The lack of discipline, the air raid system narrative, the so called poor conference rep, those worries some had were him just goofing around on a football field because of how easy the game was coming to him, that was evident to me, all he needed was a coach that could reign him in and mold him into a more precise controlled version with explosive playmaking elements..

I was sick when the chiefs took him, thought there was another golden opp for us to take advantage of GMs in the league..

I remember trying to tell people that Mahomes - despite as wild as he was in college - is exactly the type of player you want at the QB position. You'd rather try to reign a guy in as a coach than to constantly have to dig your spur in his ass to get him to move or make a play like Tannehill. I believe those were my exact words.

In order to compete with the best in the league on Sundays - it requires a front office that can out perform the best in the league the other 8 months of the year. Miami hasn't had that guy in the front office.

I remember trying to tell people that Mahomes - despite as wild as he was in college - is exactly the type of player you want at the QB position. You'd rather try to reign a guy in as a coach than to constantly have to dig your spur in his *** to get him to move or make a play like Tannehill. I believe those were my exact words.

In order to compete with the best in the league on Sundays - it requires a front office that can out perform the best in the league the other 8 months of the year. Miami hasn't had that guy in the front office.

I've seen Tannenhill do that once in his 7 years here. The pass to Marquise Gray in the Pittsburgh game after he scrambled and bombed it down the sidelines. And then his throw to Stills in the Chargers game on a deep skinny post. The difference is that Mahomes does that ever other game or every game and Tannenhill plays it safe 99.9999% of the time

Hey remember when everyone said Daniel Jones sucked? Good times.

Trust your eyes. Don’t listen to the self appointed QB gurus.

I looked at some film of Jones after all the weak arm talk came out and I didn't see it- the Chris Simms commentary for example, I don't know what he was looking at. Then in preseason Jones was throwing some bullets, go figure.

Hey remember when everyone said Daniel Jones sucked? Good times.

Trust your eyes. Don’t listen to the self appointed QB gurus.

Because his poise and ability to manipulate the pocket are so good. And he’s such a competitor.

The bullshit spews from people who refuse to accept their mancrush is simply NOT all world. All anyone ever had to see about the limitations of TUA was watch the national championship game.

Love how fans such as you believe one game outweighs a much larger body of work.

If that’s the case, how the hell did Peyton Manning and Dan Marino ever make it?

Marino’s 5 INT game against Penn State and Manning’s flops against Florida. Those games surely showed the world their ‘limitations’. Lol

What about Tom Brady? All anyone had to see was that he couldn’t win a starting job over the all-world Drew Henson, right?

What a joke.

Of course both Herbert and Lawrence are prototypical in terms of size. It's the hype that concerns me. Lawrence has not played up to his expectations so far this year. And from what I've read, scouts are starting to question his abilities. Herbert is certainly big and has lots of tools, but its between the ears that, I've read has scouts concerned. He doesn't seem to be a leader. He's somewhat layed back.
I think the expectations on Lawerence this year...he was never going to be able to live up to it. I do understand some disappointment that hes not hitting tua/hurt size numbers. But Lawerence is in a tough boat. He's never going to live up to the hype he is experiencing. That said, I did expect more from him so far. Soph slump maybe? Later season turn on I'm hoping.

Love how fans such as you believe one game outweighs a much larger body of work.

If that’s the case, how the hell did Peyton Manning and Dan Marino ever make it?

Marino’s 5 INT game against Penn State and Manning’s flops against Florida. Those games surely showed the world their ‘limitations’. Lol

What about Tom Brady? All anyone had to see was that he couldn’t win a starting job over the all-world Drew Henson, right?

What a joke.

I remember Wuerffel throwing 6 TD’s and running for another in a 62-37 beatdown of Peyton and the Vols. Wuerffel clearly the future NFL HOF’er between the two based on one game.

Because his poise and ability to manipulate the pocket are so good. And he’s such a competitor.
I remember predraft a lot of folks were saying he was tannehill 2, and I was like huh, nah, no way, this kid is a much better prospect, especially with his ability to use his legs..

I did have some arm questions but it doesn’t seem to be mattering..

Supposedly he's been working hard on his footwork in the pocket this offseason, so will see how much better he is this season. Mahomes does benefit from Reid's play calling, PFF rated them no.1 last year at getting Wr's open.

A wise man (Namor) once said, "You can't fix stupid".

I believe him.

You're right can't fix stupid, nor homerism which your posts have clearly shown both.

I remember Wuerffel throwing 6 TD’s and running for another in a 62-37 beatdown of Peyton and the Vols. Wuerffel clearly the future NFL HOF’er between the two based on one game.

TUA has far more common with Wuerffel than any generational QB.

Back
Top Bottom