Is Zach even better than we thought? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Zach even better than we thought?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
It seems people have always creditted Tim Bowens partially for Zach's success.. The thinking being that ZT needed the big guys in the middle to plug the middle in order to keep guys off of him.. but both Timbo and Chester have gone out with injuries, and Zach really hasnt missed a beat..

I've always ranked Zach just behind Ray Lewis at MLB. This made sense to me b/c Lewis is bigger, faster and more of an intimidator (although Zach had better instincts). However, Zach has been an animal this year. His play seems so far above every MLB in the league. I remember seeing a stat where he has almost twice as many tackles as any other MLB. This is incredible! I think people (me included) have to stop thinking of him as a 5th rounder who overachieved and accept the fact that he may be the best in the league.

He is one of the if not the best. That is the reason why I jumped on an Authentic jersey of his when it became available on ebay for under 70 bucks shippped. Its an amazing jersey as well. He is one of the most long time Dolphins that I don't have a jersey of. All in all can wait till MNF to watch ZT slap people around.

Zach is far better than he's given credit for... he's credited as "one" of the best in the league but I do believe he is THE best in the league

no doubt. Zach's the man. I'l tell you one thing about Thomas, he gives it his all throughout the game no matter what. You see his body flying to the ball. You gotta love that man. Fav player. no doubt.

I just did the pro bowl voting and Zach has 80+ tackles already! :O I think Ray Lewis is second with 50 something.. Whoa.. Zach is possessed this year.

Zach is good. But is clearly on the downside of his career.

He can still play and is still an above average MLB in the league today.

how many pro bowls has he been to now? the guy is a leader by example. we were 0-6 and he was not slowing down or taking a play off.

SkapePhin said:
I just did the pro bowl voting and Zach has 80+ tackles already! :O I think Ray Lewis is second with 50 something.. Whoa.. Zach is possessed this year.
But if those tackles are 7 yards downfield......are they really impressive?!?! :confused:

Miami IS ranked near the very bottom in run defense.

Just something to consider.

MikeO said:
But if those tackles are 7 yards downfield......are they really impressive?!?! :confused:

Miami IS ranked near the very bottom in run defense.

Just something to consider.

True.. I guess it does pad his stats.. but he still made the tackle! If he keeps it up he will be the starting MLB for the AFC this year..

I always get ripped apart for this even by other dolphin fans, however I do not feel Ray Lewis is the best LB in the league. I feel Ray is the most intimidating and hardest hitting lb but he is not the quickest and does not make as many plays as others sometimes do. I think Urlacher is a great lb but has no intimidation and doesnt hit hard, but he makes every play(when he has a big dt in front) his speed is amazing. Finally I feel and have felt for awhile that Zach hits decently hard(not as hard as ray but much harder than Brian) and somehow no matter who is in front of him makes a ridiculous amount of plays every year. Look at his numbers for the last couple of seasons....sick. The problem is Zach plays football intelligently and doesnt talk as much as a guy like ray. Ray gets recognition for his attitude not his play(not saying by any means he is not 2 or 3) Zach gets lost because he QUIETLY puts up great numbers year after year.

jzolnowski said:
I always get ripped apart for this even by other dolphin fans, however I do not feel Ray Lewis is the best LB in the league. I feel Ray is the most intimidating and hardest hitting lb but he is not the quickest and does not make as many plays as others sometimes do. I think Urlacher is a great lb but has no intimidation and doesnt hit hard, but he makes every play(when he has a big dt in front) his speed is amazing. Finally I feel and have felt for awhile that Zach hits decently hard(not as hard as ray but much harder than Brian) and somehow no matter who is in front of him makes a ridiculous amount of plays every year. Look at his numbers for the last couple of seasons....sick. The problem is Zach plays football intelligently and doesnt talk as much as a guy like ray. Ray gets recognition for his attitude not his play(not saying by any means he is not 2 or 3) Zach gets lost because he QUIETLY puts up great numbers year after year.
Anyone who rips you is a moron. Ray is the best MLB in football.

He is our best player.

In my humble opinion...

MikeO said:
Zach is good. But is clearly on the downside of his career.

He can still play and is still an above average MLB in the league today.
Clearly on the downside? Above average? Zach is one of the best in the league. I believe this is his best year yet and that's playing for the most part behind second string tackles. Granted the man is getting older but give the man his dues.

rafael said:
I've always ranked Zach just behind Ray Lewis at MLB.

I remember readin a thread here saying Zach was over rated around week 2!

Perhaps but I didnt name this dog Ray..

This is Zach!

clear.gif

clear.gif

Zach & his "wife" :D

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom