Isaac Bruce | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isaac Bruce

CK man you gotta be kidding me...
I realise thats your personal opinion but wouldn't you rather have a Reggie White or an Isaac Bruce than Andre Rison...I understand that people might be weary of a party animal but
please don<t tell me to be weary of Isaac Bruce a quality football playerwho's had a great influence on Torry Holt ...
Granted CC seems to be developing nicely but the veteran influence of Bruce would definately help CC and the young guys (Newsome, Tolver and our rookie WR)...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Listen I don't need a bible lecture here. What I was complaining about with regards to the Derrick Thomas thing was that he was INSINUATING that had Derrick Thomas done the same thing he wouldn't have died. I'm not gettin into it about any kind of religious discussion, I just thought that was flat out wrong to do. He kind of questioned Derrick's faith.

CK, I think you're reading too much into it, I think he was more speaking for himself..I don't think he was questioning Derrick's faith..or insinuating the lack of. It's just the way you stated it that got me, I understood the premise of what you were trying to get across. All I was saying to you is be careful with your word like, "those ultra religious players". By those standards, I'm ultra religious, because that would be a name I'd call in times of trouble. But this is not a lesson on religion, just food for thought, you're still cool with me. But you know we good for some go arounds. :D

I think if we cant sing peter warrick because hes younger a returner and hes cheaper, then we should sign bruce but we shouldnt break our bank to do it, but id say go after warrick instead.

I don't know if I like him. He's one of those ultra religious players which is all fine and good until he starts hatin on other guys in the locker room for it. I remember when Derrick Thomas got in that car crash and ended up dying, Isaac Bruce was asked what he thinks about it and he said that he believes in the power of Jesus name and that when he gets in trouble he just says &quot;Jesus!&quot; and he gets through...said he got in a car crash himself and was scared and just called out Jesus name and he protected him. Kinda insinuated that if Derrick believed and did that he would have survived too. Really turned me off to him I think.

You are very confused. He was not "insinuating" that Derrick would have survived if he believed in Jesus.. besides, how do you know he DIDNT?! What he is saying that everything happens for a reason and he is now WITH Jesus. But im glad you can be turned off to a guy because he is spiritual.
:rolleyes:

Just to add...

I think Bruce is a great WR. And he would be a HUGE addition to this team if it were true.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

CK, the religion of Jesus Christ shouldn't scare you, and if it does, you haven't been reading your bible :=), but going on Man's logic, which by God's standards, pales in comparison. Issac is from Ft. Lauderdale Fl. I knew him as a little boy trying to hang around us older guys when we played sports. Didn't know he would be as good as he is. My mother still talks and keep in contact with his mother, I was much older than he and didn't get to know him as much. But his views on Christ should never be held against him or scare you. You really need to relook your religious stands, especially if what you quoted was all he said. That was really nothing finatical about that. Most who are christian, understand where they blessings and life comes from. If you don't believe, just say I don't believe, but to use your statement as to why a person scares you is really lacking. Get to know why someone believes the way they do before you down them. This country has become so intolerant of People who believe in a higher being, yet don't know the answers themselves, until you find a better answer than a creator (i.e., God). Then those kinds of comment are offensives to people like me who believe in Christ.

AMEN brother!!! I already said my peace about CK but it was before i read your post. From a Christian Sister, to a Christian brother... God Bless you!

Bruce would be a great addition. We have had crappy play from our 2nd WR for years. Bruce would definitely be a huge upgrade over what we have and he would give us two really good receivers, something we haven't had in a really long time.

Definitely would love to see 1) Chambers 2)Bruce (or reverse, Bruce still got game) 3)Draft Pick/Tolver/Derrius Thompson

IF McKnight stays then he would still be an ideal #3 guy....

Originally posted by TerryTate
Definitely would love to see 1) Chambers 2)Bruce (or reverse, Bruce still got game) 3)Draft Pick/Tolver/Derrius Thompson

IF McKnight stays then he would still be an ideal #3 guy....

That's gonna be the hardest to do though imo.

As far as I can tell, we need a QB and OL in FA. That's gonna soak up ALOT of $$$, assuming we can free than much up. I think they'll get enough clear to sign those two positions, but a WR on top? Of Bruce's caliber?

May be a tall tall order.

Edit: That being said....if by some accident of nature Fiedler or Griese stay around with a big fat paycut, that should allow the WR. I'd prefer Brunell though.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Edit: That being said....if by some accident of nature Fiedler or Griese stay around with a big fat paycut, that should allow the WR. I'd prefer Brunell though.
if marino could work with jay, and make him get his head out, jay has the tools to be a good QB. he needs consistantcy. i've seen him throw some darn nice passes!;)

You know, if we could get Bruce in here for cap friendly dollar amount, that could be ideal. If we got that extra first rounder in the draft for O-Gun, we could draft Phillip Rivers, and draft a stud O-lineman all in the first round. Then in the third, we could draft a good WR in this WR friendly draft to be our future #2 WR, but until then, he'd be our #3 or or #4 WR for the next 2 years or so. Cut Fiedler and Griese if we can get Brunell at a decent price....and and pick up a solid O-lineman in free agency. A free agent lineman and a 1st round lineman I think would be enough shake up of our OL to be good. Of course all this depends if we can get Bruce and Brunell at relatively good cap figures. So, on offense your looking at....
Qb=Brunell, Rivers, Rosenfels
Rb=Ricky
FB=Konrad
Wr=Chambers, Bruce, 3rd rounder/Tolver/Newsome(keepin mind..all these recievers get to learn from Bruce)
OL=W.Smith, 1st rounder, McKinney, Nails/Whitley/Yates, FAlineman.
We can cut Ruddy and Perry, and Todd Wade is probably gonna be gone. So there you have it...theoreticaly to me.....getting Bruce will help us in tremendous ways.

Three problems with that...

1. if we sign Brunell, it all but guarantees that we don't draft a QB for another couple years at least. (And I want it noted for the record that Chris Leak should be anointed Brunell's successor!)

2. if we sign Brunell, that means Todd Wade probably gets resigned, and we draft someone like Vernon Carey in round 1.

3. Ogun's not going anywhere. If we all know that #1 and #3 for his services is outrageous (and that's surely the tender the Phins will offer him), the NFL knows too.

Listen I don't need a bible lecture here. What I was complaining about with regards to the Derrick Thomas thing was that he was INSINUATING that had Derrick Thomas done the same thing he wouldn't have died. I'm not gettin into it about any kind of religious discussion, I just thought that was flat out wrong to do. He kind of questioned Derrick's faith.

But his point was is that it shouldnt scare you. It may sound rediculous to you but why scare you? Doesnt make sense. A guy who believes in god is not going to scare anyone in the locker room. Besides, i dont think we will be getting Bruce.

Originally posted by phunwin
Three problems with that...

1. if we sign Brunell, it all but guarantees that we don't draft a QB for another couple years at least. (And I want it noted for the record that Chris Leak should be anointed Brunell's successor!)

2. if we sign Brunell, that means Todd Wade probably gets resigned, and we draft someone like Vernon Carey in round 1.

3. Ogun's not going anywhere. If we all know that #1 and #3 for his services is outrageous (and that's surely the tender the Phins will offer him), the NFL knows too.

A #1 and #3 may be outrageous, but this is a outrageous game. There are many GM's and coaches who would rather get a sure thing and give a 1 & 3. then draft a question mark who may or may not deliver in a few years.

I know our team has had it's share of # 1 & 3's I would like to give back. E Kumerow ring a bell???

Back
Top Bottom