Isaiah Ford Gets His Chance | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isaiah Ford Gets His Chance

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
1025398186.jpg.0.jpg

DAVIE — It’s been 700 days since Isaiah Ford played in a game that counted, and that’s about to change.

The Dolphins activated the former Virginia Tech standout on Wednesday. Ford takes Jakeem Grant’s spot on the 53-man roster, and there’s a great chance he’ll make his NFL debut on Sunday against the Bills.

“My patience has been tested since entering the combine,” Ford said. “Or entering the draft. Just being ready for when the time comes.”

Ford missed his entire rookie season with a knee injury and though he was excellent in the spring and summer, he was relegated to Miami’s practice squad through the first 11 weeks of the season.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...h-ford-gets-his-chance-how-he-stayed-positive

I've been looking forward to seeing Ford since we drafted him.
He's a great route runner with good hands, and a head for the game.
Would also like to see Owusu moved up from the PS to the active roster.

Sweet.

Liked him during his VT days.

Really thought he could of gone higher in the draft, but that was just my opinion.

Hopefully, he makes the most of it. Either on STs or on offense.

I'm glad he's getting a chance but will they give him a real chance on game day? So far you have Ballage for example who they get in the game for about one play per quarter. There's no way a RB will get going that way. Sometimes is the same thing for a WR. They need snaps to get going. I don't care what the odds are, we're not going to make the playoffs this year so we should try and find out which players can help us next year and which players can't. Give the young players a real chance to show what they can do.

I'm glad he's getting a chance but will they give him a real chance on game day? So far you have Ballage for example who they get in the game for about one play per quarter. There's no way a RB will get going that way. Sometimes is the same thing for a WR. They need snaps to get going. I don't care what the odds are, we're not going to make the playoffs this year so we should try and find out which players can help us next year and which players can't. Give the young players a real chance to show what they can do.
Nice post brother! How can you accurately evaluate them if you can put them in to see what they can do? Maybe Ballage isn't great at screens? I would like to see Ballage, and Ford get some time and succeed.

He'll probably shine, making us once again question our staff's ability to evaluate talent

This was such an automatic thought on my part I simply scanned down the comments to see who would say it first.

Gase has a few of these guys each season he says at years end “wow I should have given this player a shot sooner” because Gase rule #1 is “Never, ever learn from anything. Be stubborn until your dying breath.” Isiah Ford is a prime candidate for this title.

Ballage is in a tough spot he is behind a HOFer in Gore and am electric back in Drake...if you give him more touches you take them from either one of those and we know how limited rushing attempts have been

Ballage is in a tough spot he is behind a HOFer in Gore and am electric back in Drake...if you give him more touches you take them from either one of those and we know how limited rushing attempts have been
Yes I agree with you but now that we can see the playoffs are not going to happen it's the time to see what you have for next year. Gore has nothing to prove at this point and he might not even be back next year. I'm not saying bench Gore or Drake. I'm saying give less snaps to Gore at this point. Ballage is the one RB we have with size. Play him and see what you have. Maybe play Gore early but get the young guys in there.

Nice post brother! How can you accurately evaluate them if you can put them in to see what they can do? Maybe Ballage isn't great at screens? I would like to see Ballage, and Ford get some time and succeed.
It'd make sense to see what they can do moving forward and like I've said before, Gore might not play after this season so why not give a younger guy a chance?

Ugh, it seems like one of us writes this statement, around this time, every damn year :bang:
You're totally right. Believe me, I wish we could be talking about what we need to have home field advantage for the playoffs but we're the Dolphins.....:(

I was wondering the same thing. When you are not one of Gase's guys, he just doesn't use you.

Back
Top Bottom